Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New York Army National Guard Deployment

1. Senior Member

New York Army National Guard Deployment

Advertisements
    Anyone???? ha I feel like im the only one!!
  2. Michaelsgrl

OH National Gaurd

I know what you mean, my maan is OH National Gaurd, and while there are thousands of them deploying, the SOs are so far spread out that you feel isolated. PM me anytime if you want to chat
  3. vron
    my husband just left for Ft. Drum, now NC, then off to Afghanistan in March, with the 69th out of NYC. I know there were thousands who left with him. where in NY is he based, and where is he going?
  4. Senior Member
    We're both from buffalo. He just left from here to NC.. also going to afghanistan in March. Glad to know someone else is on here!

are you going down to bragg before they leave?
  5. vron
    i wish, i am in london getting my masters, and our final is on the day they leave and the school won't let me miss it. i feel terrible!!! his family will be there though, thank God. Are you going down to NC?
  6. Senior Member
    My db went down to fort bragg in october and just deployed for afghanistan in december. He is also in the NG for NY. You're not alone, but there aren't many of us I wasn't able to go down to NC for the deployment sadly. He was in the first wave of National Guardsmen going Afghanistan from NY. We can have a little NY club Keep in touch
    Danielle

7. vron
    i didn't know they left in "waves" . . . . so i guess the guys that just left were the 2nd. that must have been hard not being there to say good bye for a year, i know it is gonna kill me. have you heard from him since he got there?
    -v
  8. momgonemad
    are you able to communicate with him there? how does it all work? my husband leaves for afghanistan in march, dont know what to expect
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by momgonemad View Post
    are you able to communicate with him there? how does it all work? my husband leaves for afghanistan in march, dont know what to expect
    He thought they couldnt bring cell phones so he shut his service off..turns out they can...He called last night but the phone kept cutting out then he said he had to go and hung up i've already written three letters. how long is yours going to be in Afghanistan for?? Mine keeps me in the dark about that stuff
  10. Senior Member
    Well he left about a month ago. He shut his cell phone off after training. He got an international cell phone. He has only been able to call me once since there, he's called his parents a few times. We have been able to communicate through aim several times. He brought his laptop. I would say the communication depends on where they end up being stationed. The international cell phone is a great thing too, just expensive. DB's is 50 cents a minute. At first it can be harder for them to communicate because they may not get to their base right away. That's what happened with DB. If any of you ladies want any more info please feel free to PM me, I'm on here a lot.
    Danielle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast