Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Deployment..hard to deal with

1. Senior Member

New Deployment..hard to deal with

Advertisements
    Im new to this whole thing. My boyfriend is a US soldier who was stationed out of state in texas while i was here in GA. He currently is in iraq, and has been for about a month, how come this is harder?His deployment is suppose to be 15 months, but it could be longer. No one here seems to understand how i feel, and i want to punch someone everytime i hear a girl say "my bf diidnt call me today ugh" or "i miss him if i dont get to see him over the weekend". I cant wait till he gets mid tour leave, please tell me it gets easier!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It only gets easier if you let it. If you dwell on him being gone you wont get out of your funk. I miss my husband but I am not upset about him being deployed...its his job and its something I knew would happen. I tend not to be upset about things I cant control. I know he doesnt want to be there any more then I want him to be there. Everyone will tell you to stay busy but I say just be doing things that make you feel closer to him and better about yourself. While my DH is gone I am taking this time to better myself so we can have an ever better marriage when he gets home. Hang in there. It will be fine (-8
  3. Senior Member
    Finailly someone who says all the things i say to myself...helps to hear it from someone other than me though. Thanks!
  4. USMCwife76
    Absolutely, better yourself, be strong. Although my husband has been in USMC 9 yrs, this is our first deployment(Iraq) and IT IS tough, but I joined a great gym that has daycare, I'm always working on projects to send DH and I try to be patient. He calls and emails when he can and we just take it one day at a time...easier said than done, beleive me I do know, but hang in there.....
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Ordinance View Post
    It only gets easier if you let it. If you dwell on him being gone you wont get out of your funk. I miss my husband but I am not upset about him being deployed...its his job and its something I knew would happen. I tend not to be upset about things I cant control. I know he doesnt want to be there any more then I want him to be there. Everyone will tell you to stay busy but I say just be doing things that make you feel closer to him and better about yourself. While my DH is gone I am taking this time to better myself so we can have an ever better marriage when he gets home. Hang in there. It will be fine (-8

you can't control what people say/do, you can only control how you respond to them. people are always going to say stupid/insensitive/rude things. getting upset over it is only going to make things worse, so just take a deep breath and ignore them.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    did he leave from ft hood? my guy left from there about a month ago too. it sucks.
  7. Senior Member
    your in the right place for people who will understand

8. Senior Member
    I feel ya...not living near a bunch of people going through the same thing does NOT help us out any! Thats why Im glad I have this forum!!!!

I had to sit on my hands to stop myself from B***h slapping my best friend the other day when she made a rude comment about how much I was texting DB when he was leaving in a few days!!!! its tough when other people just dont get it but we have to look at it that way...that they just dont get it...not that they are purposely being insensitive.

**good thoughts and hugs*** his midtour leave will come before ya know it!!!!
  9. Senior Member
    I know how daunting it seems right now, but you can do it! My DH (then fiancee) and I went through our first deployment this year. If you ever need to talk, PM me!
  10. Dan'sAnnieroo
    Thank you all!!! I feel like I finally have someone who understands. Being at college, I am the only one there I know who is going through or has gone through a deployment..Dan left in August. It does get easier...but there will be times when it hurts so bad and then times when you feel alright..I have been in a slight funk lately..how do you all deal with swings of being able to talk a lot and then not being able to talk at all for like weeks at a time? Again THANK YOU!!! I have felt kind of alone for a while.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast