Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Please Help

1. mn_princess

Sad Please Help

Advertisements
    He's on a 15 month deployement, but he's only been gone 3 weeks today. i feel like no one here gets it. everything else in my life right now just seems to not be going right. i'm sicking it out, but i could use a little help. like i said, no one here understands what it's like. someone said to me "oh, you're only farther apart than you were before. you're good at long distance, no big.". what? yes it's farther away, but i'm now constantly worried about him getting hurt or shot at or all of those bad things. anyone in my area who would want to get together sometime? i could use more things to keep me busy. I'm currently at UW La Crosse. anyone around here, let me know.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

3. Senior Member
    Believe me, it gets easier after the first month...my friends and I were talking today and we all agree it's gone by incredibly fast! You'll be surprised how fast your coping mechanisms kick in. Try not to focus on the big picture just getting through one month at a time, do something each month that you look forward to and it'll go faster PM me if you need to talk. I'm now at the end of a 12 month tour and my other friends at the end of 15 month tours hang in there.
  4. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

I won't say it gets better , but you do find ways to manage and get thru it. (you see my ticker below shows how far into this deployment we are).

You're on the right course, find things to occupy yourself with. Me...looking into bellydancing classes, a new job and volunteering. I'll offer a shoulder whenever you might need one.....but I'm guessing I'm much older than you so most of the "gals" who are younger tend to mostly ignore me!

5. Senior Member
    You can do it and SOS is a god sent...sure has gotten me through it. Sunday nites always seem to suck for me BUT they also mean the start to another week closer to my DB!! It will get easier as you get into a routine but the worry is always there
  6. sillygrl76
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMGK View Post
    Believe me, it gets easier after the first month...my friends and I were talking today and we all agree it's gone by incredibly fast! You'll be surprised how fast your coping mechanisms kick in. Try not to focus on the big picture just getting through one month at a time, do something each month that you look forward to and it'll go faster PM me if you need to talk. I'm now at the end of a 12 month tour and my other friends at the end of 15 month tours hang in there.
    I agree and find something to do that you love. Set goals for yourself. Planning care packages are fun for me too. I put lots of thought and love into them.
  7. Happy little tree
    Happy little tree
    I'm so sorry. I know it's rough--especially when you have people around you who are completely oblivious..I'm sure they all mean well, but they will never understand.

This is a great place to come for support with a whole lot of people who know EXACTLY what you're going through--so even if there's no one "around" you who understands, you have the ones "around you on the internet" who can help!

Definitely keep yourself busy. I set a goal for myself--I decided to take the time during deployment to improve something in myself so that I could be a better person when he got home. It helped me SO MUCH to pass the time and feel great about myself at the same time!

Hang in there, sweetie

Keep up with all of our adventures with renovating a 1960s ranch house - check out MY BLOG!

8. Regular Member
    Hon, im totally with you...Im 5 days into a 15 month deployment. We had to say our goodbyes over the phone on Thursday and I lost it at work. No one seems to understand that the person you love with all of your heart is gone because they go home to theirs everynight...

Anyways, I agree with the other ladies, ive been keeping myself busy with the holidays and planning his first care package (you would be surprised how much it makes you smile remembering all of the little things), and I would definitely reccomend creating a ticker. It sounds silly, but everyday I look at it and realize im one day closer

This board is a great place, and the girls on here are amazing. I wish I could give you better advice, but if you need anything, PM me...
  9. Im crazy, the good kind
    Im crazy, the good kind
    I just started a 15 monther about 3 weeks ago myself...so if you wanna talk plpease please pm me!!
  10. Senior Member
    yea i just made it a month into a 15 month deployment! PM me if youd like! ive never been to wisconsin, but if i was closer id love to get together
    "You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror, I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the things you think you cannot do. "
    Eleanor Roosevelt