Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Va Deployment Support Group!

1. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS

Jump for Joy Va Deployment Support Group!

Advertisements
    How was everyones Thanksgiving? I had a great time at Golden Corral with a few VA gals. It was a blast. I was just wondering how eveyone did making it through Thanksgiving? Next up is the Xmas party at Jo's. I was thinking we could get together(including the va gals)and go see the lights and then maybe go to startbucks or get dessert after? What does everyone think?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We had a great time at Thanksgiving too.

I really really want to go see the lights at the beach sometime soon, they look awesome from the pics I've seen.
  3. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika View Post
    We had a great time at Thanksgiving too.

I really really want to go see the lights at the beach sometime soon, they look awesome from the pics I've seen.
    They have them as well at Newport News Park and Botanical Gardens. I hve never seen the Beach ones.
  4. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    im glad you had a nice thanksgiving. mine was ok, visited my PA family. can't wait to see you guys at jo's!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    They have them as well at Newport News Park and Botanical Gardens. I hve never seen the Beach ones.

Cool, if there are that many I go go see one a weekend and help pass December pretty quick. The boys love Christmas lights.
  6. Senior Member
    I'm glad you all had a great time. We went to Pa and my God what a trip. Myself, three kids and the dog Needless to say I won't be making that trip again for a longggggg time LOL
    Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.
  7. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika View Post
    Cool, if there are that many I go go see one a weekend and help pass December pretty quick. The boys love Christmas lights.
    We should make plans to do it.
  8. Cookie Queen
    Cookie Queen
    We had a great Thanksgiving! My Dad and stepmom flew out from California and stayed the week with me and the girls. It had been so long since I've seen them and we had a really good time. I made the turkey dinner, including my first ever apple pie, and it all came out awesome...naturally.

I don't know about the lights. The ones on the boardwalk take longer to get through, but the lights at the botanical garden were more pleasing to the eye. When I pay money to look at lights, I want to see awesome lights, not the ones they have at the boardwalk. I can see better lights by driving around the neighborhood. Not impressive.
  9. kellyjo7276
    Hi, Traci! I have a crazy, but probably not unique, story. I met my boyfriend online while he was in Bahrain. It has been amazing! He has asked me to move to Virginia Beach to be with him in March.

So far, I've been able to talk to him, or chat almost every day. Pretty soon, he'll be in Iraq/Kuwait and we'll only be able to talk about once a week. I'm a worrier, so I'm not sure I'm going to do too well with that. I hardly sleep at night sometimes because I'm subconciously waiting for the phone to ring.

How do you guys deal with it?
  10. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyjo7276 View Post
    Hi, Traci! I have a crazy, but probably not unique, story. I met my boyfriend online while he was in Bahrain. It has been amazing! He has asked me to move to Virginia Beach to be with him in March.

So far, I've been able to talk to him, or chat almost every day. Pretty soon, he'll be in Iraq/Kuwait and we'll only be able to talk about once a week. I'm a worrier, so I'm not sure I'm going to do too well with that. I hardly sleep at night sometimes because I'm subconciously waiting for the phone to ring.

How do you guys deal with it?
    First off, !
    About a year and a half ago my DH got back from a year in Bahrain. I don't know about anyone else but keeping busy is how I deal. I an a SAHM of two and they keep me going and then some. I have also been doing this a long time so I have had plenty of time to adjust to it. When we had no kids I kept busy doing anything I could. I worked as much as I could, worked out at the gym,read anything. It is really hard but worth it all in my opinion. homecomings are great. I really feel deployment is what you make it. If you are going to be misrable the entire time, it's going to be bad for you. If you turn it around and stay positive than your . The kids pick up on how you deal and I think they learn from that. Again that's just my opinion. Feel free to join our group. We are here to support one another all we can.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast