Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Submarines?

  1. Account Closed
    bubbleheadwife's Avatar
    bubbleheadwife is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,500
    Blog Entries
    2
    #1

    Submarines?

    Advertisements
    any deployed submarine SO's? i really feel like it's a different world than being on a surface ship, on the ground or in the air...

    Just a question.
  2. I'm Awesome
    IMakeLotsaBabies's Avatar
    IMakeLotsaBabies is offline
    I'm Awesome
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48,426

    #2
    My husband is a submariner. He's not deployed right now, but I've been through deployments.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    LittleMsSunshine's Avatar
    LittleMsSunshine is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    21,797
    #3
    exDB is a submariner.... I waited through two patrols. It is a CRAZY lifestyle

    hope things are going well for you.
  4. Account Closed
    bubbleheadwife's Avatar
    bubbleheadwife is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,500
    Blog Entries
    2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    exDB is a submariner.... I waited through two patrols. It is a CRAZY lifestyle

    hope things are going well for you.
    It sux. but I am doing as well as I can be... holidays suck right now
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    LittleMsSunshine's Avatar
    LittleMsSunshine is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    21,797
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleheadwife View Post
    It sux. but I am doing as well as I can be... holidays suck right now
    aww

    I remember how hard it was last year. He missed Christmas, his 21st birthday, and New Year's.

    Just surround yourself with family and friends if you can... and find ways to keep yourself busy. I remember I got sick of people telling me that.... but it worked.
  6. Account Closed
    bubbleheadwife's Avatar
    bubbleheadwife is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,500
    Blog Entries
    2
    #6
    I agree. Thanks for the reenforcement that I should be around a lot of people. It's actually better today. I think it was just yesterday.

    Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    aww

    I remember how hard it was last year. He missed Christmas, his 21st birthday, and New Year's.

    Just surround yourself with family and friends if you can... and find ways to keep yourself busy. I remember I got sick of people telling me that.... but it worked.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    LittleMsSunshine's Avatar
    LittleMsSunshine is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    21,797
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleheadwife View Post
    I agree. Thanks for the reenforcement that I should be around a lot of people. It's actually better today. I think it was just yesterday.

    Thanks again


    I also wrote him TONS of emails... at least one per day. He said the radioman guy (or whatever it's called.. the guy who filters incoming emails) gave him crap for getting so many

    It cleared my head and helped me feel closer to him. It was a hard habit to break when he got home though
  8. Senior Member
    phantomlotta's Avatar
    phantomlotta is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Back in CA, and hoping to escape with DF soon
    Posts
    460
    #8
    Hey bubbleheadwife, you can ALWAYS come visit. My door's open, my cats are cuddly, and I'm always up for a cheesy movie-night.

    Hope you're Turkey day was good, hon. Call if EVER you need!!


    I've been living life, and loving every trial.
  9. Senior Member
    harrisonsdream's Avatar
    harrisonsdream is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    52,155
    Blog Entries
    1
    #9
    my hubby is on a sub, have been through an actual patrol yet but we will be soon
  10. Account Closed
    bubbleheadwife's Avatar
    bubbleheadwife is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,500
    Blog Entries
    2
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post


    I also wrote him TONS of emails... at least one per day. He said the radioman guy (or whatever it's called.. the guy who filters incoming emails) gave him crap for getting so many

    It cleared my head and helped me feel closer to him. It was a hard habit to break when he got home though
    Yeah same here! I got that a lot when I was working at a desk and could email whenever i wanted. Now It's a little more difficult. But I really want to get back in that habit.

    Quote Originally Posted by harrisonsdream View Post
    my hubby is on a sub, have been through an actual patrol yet but we will be soon
    There are so few of us! Deployments are so weird. And it seems just so much different from others....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •