Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: USS Enterprise***/Air force f-15 issue

1. Senior Member
    currently SJAFB, Goldsboro, NC moving to RAF Lakenheath 3/2010

Help USS Enterprise***/Air force f-15 issue

Advertisements
    Okay attached is a story about the grounding of the f-15s...i know there are Enterprise ladies on here....any one know ANYTHING about this.....It is severely affecting my DB who is now being moved from Afghanistan, to god knows where for god knows how long....ANY INFO is MUCH appreciated!

Air Force's F-15 Grounding Affects War in Afghanistan
    Email
    Print
    Share November 06, 2007 6:29 PM

Luis Martinez Reports:

The U.S. Air Force's grounding of all F-15s after a crash last week in Missouri had some unintended consequences for operations in the air war over Afghanistan as the Navy has taken over missions being flown there by F-15s.

At the time of the Nov. 3 grounding of all F-15s, the Air Force said operations over the Middle East would be affected and would be taken over by other aircraft.

"The Air Force will ensure mission requirements are met for worldwide operations normally accomplished by the F-15," the Air Force had said. "Current F-15 flying locations include bases in the continental United States, Alaska, England, Hawaii, Japan and the Middle East."

Click Here for Full Blotter Coverage.
    F-15s were not flying missions over Iraq, so only missions over Afghanistan would be affected by the grounding.

A defense official tells ABC News that the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise sailed out of the Persian Gulf Monday to the Arabian Sea. Its planes began flying missions over Afghanistan earlier today.

It is unclear how long the USS Enterprise will stay in the Arabian Sea as it is scheduled to leave the Middle East in early December.

The Air Force grounded its F-15 fleet as a precautionary measure after a crash earlier this month involving a Missouri Air National Guard F-15.

Although that accident is still under investigation, preliminary findings indicate the crash was due to a structural failure of the aircraft. The pilot in that aircraft was able to safely eject himself from the plane.

There are more than 700 F-15s in the Air Force's inventory.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    sorry...i dont know anything..

im sure he is fine and will contact you soon...probably whenever he reaches where he's supposed to go...

3. Banned
    Banned
    REMOVED
    Last edited by zebra57; 07-21-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: REMOVED
  4. Senior Member
    my dh hasnt said anything about it either. The plan for them to come home is still good as far as I know.
  5. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Unfortunatley even if we knew we could not really tell you what's going on with your db or what will happen with him, cause we might know what's going on with the boat and what's the boat's pouspose but we don't really know any other movements. My best advise is to try to stay as calm as you can and know that he will call or contact you as soon as he can.
  6. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
    Unfortunatley even if we knew we could not really tell you what's going on with your db or what will happen with him, cause we might know what's going on with the boat and what's the boat's pouspose but we don't really know any other movements. My best advise is to try to stay as calm as you can and know that he will call or contact you as soon as he can.
    i haven't heard any changes for the enterprise. but i can't say anything for the AF.