Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone know anything about this stuff?!

1. Senior Member
    currently SJAFB, Goldsboro, NC moving to RAF Lakenheath 3/2010

Help anyone know anything about this stuff?!

Advertisements
    Any info is super... well DB has been deployed for 2 months now. he is on a 4 month deployment with the Air Force. well if anyone read one of my previous posts I spoke about the f-15 crash in Missouri resulting in the grounding of all f-15s. My DB deals with them. He is in afghanistan, and tells me now they are leaving...cant tell me when, cant tell me to where, all i know is it isnt home....anything like this happen to any of you or do you have any info or advice or anything?! I am beside myself worrying, and i just dont understand it...someone please help....
  2. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I don't have any advice but just wanted to offer I hope you get some answers soon!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrskmw View Post
    I don't have any advice but just wanted to offer I hope you get some answers soon!
    Thanks dear I appreciate it. I know a little bit more, but opsec ya know, not much anyway.....This is freaking me out....I fucking hate this shit
  4. Senior Member
    update---news article i just read

Air Force's F-15 Grounding Affects War in Afghanistan
    Email
    Print
    Share November 06, 2007 6:29 PM

Luis Martinez Reports:

The U.S. Air Force's grounding of all F-15s after a crash last week in Missouri had some unintended consequences for operations in the air war over Afghanistan as the Navy has taken over missions being flown there by F-15s.

At the time of the Nov. 3 grounding of all F-15s, the Air Force said operations over the Middle East would be affected and would be taken over by other aircraft.

"The Air Force will ensure mission requirements are met for worldwide operations normally accomplished by the F-15," the Air Force had said. "Current F-15 flying locations include bases in the continental United States, Alaska, England, Hawaii, Japan and the Middle East."

Click Here for Full Blotter Coverage.
    F-15s were not flying missions over Iraq, so only missions over Afghanistan would be affected by the grounding.

A defense official tells ABC News that the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise sailed out of the Persian Gulf Monday to the Arabian Sea. Its planes began flying missions over Afghanistan earlier today.

It is unclear how long the USS Enterprise will stay in the Arabian Sea as it is scheduled to leave the Middle East in early December.

The Air Force grounded its F-15 fleet as a precautionary measure after a crash earlier this month involving a Missouri Air National Guard F-15.

Although that accident is still under investigation, preliminary findings indicate the crash was due to a structural failure of the aircraft. The pilot in that aircraft was able to safely eject himself from the plane.

There are more than 700 F-15s in the Air Force's inventory.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    i don't have any advice all i can say is stay strong and we are here and go through crazy stuff we don't understand all the time too. i'm sure he will get ahold of you soon and tell you he is safe... it might not even be that big of a deal ya know? maybe they're just driving the planes around on the ground...doing obstacle courses and stuff

i wish i had some helpful info for ya sweetie
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley5 View Post
    i don't have any advice all i can say is stay strong and we are here and go through crazy stuff we don't understand all the time too. i'm sure he will get ahold of you soon and tell you he is safe... it might not even be that big of a deal ya know? maybe they're just driving the planes around on the ground...doing obstacle courses and stuff

i wish i had some helpful info for ya sweetie

Thank you dear. I am sure he is okay, he called me today to tell me somethings, and the f-15s are not moving at ALL. which is what i dont understand....how can they be leaving afghanistan....they go with the jets... I just feel like i need to knw more....like uhm WHERE he is going and WHY he is leaving afghanistan, where he FINALLY just got into a ROOM not a TENT and where he paid for internet....now more internet with my bf whatever...im jsut going nuts im sorry
  7. Trophy Wife in Training
    Trophy Wife in Training
    I think it's fairly normal for them to move around My brother just got moved and said pretty much the same thing--don't know when, where, etc., except that he's leaving. DB moved around a couple times first deployment.
  8. Senior Member
    I have no idea... but I just wanted to give you a and a

I've missed ya around here...

I'm sure it will work out though. DB's gotten good at the "hinting game" in situations like that... which works, because his family and I have some military background... so he's not giving anything away, but we feel comfortable if that makes sense...
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSGTsGirl1239 View Post
    I have no idea... but I just wanted to give you a and a

I've missed ya around here...

I'm sure it will work out though. DB's gotten good at the "hinting game" in situations like that... which works, because his family and I have some military background... so he's not giving anything away, but we feel comfortable if that makes sense...
    AWEEEEE I miss you too =) Yea we played the analogy game haha. After i posted like a PSYCHO on here on my lunch break he called me and I got the just of whats going down....Not worried, just confused and unhappy that my schedule is being interfered with....i was JUST getting used to the same time phone calls, the internet usage, and now its all going bye bye. I wish they would figure out whats goin on with these F-15s....France is ACTUALLY helping us now since the F15 issue...amazing isnt it?!?!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianne View Post
    I think it's fairly normal for them to move around My brother just got moved and said pretty much the same thing--don't know when, where, etc., except that he's leaving. DB moved around a couple times first deployment.
    Thanks sweetie I have a good idea on whats going on right now. Hopefully I will hear from him soon....I knew I was being spoiled with him calling everyday and emailing and webcamming....its about to change
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast