Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: We got a date........

  1. Senior Member
    AdaraMarie's Avatar
    AdaraMarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    A Midwest State
    Posts
    644
    #1

    Neutral We got a date........

    Advertisements
    Well, SO came home from training last night with a deployment date It's a month sooner than the rumor mill had stated. Reality set in this morning driving to work ... hopefully the next several months go by suupppper slow and the year after that goes by really fast! Military life is about to get REAL
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wild*Rose's Avatar
    Wild*Rose is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,433


    #2
    my DH should be deploying what sounds like around the same time so we can be deployment buddies! Are you close to any kind of support group for his unit? I know our FRG has started doing a lot to prepare for deployment and help those that seem like they are going to have a really hard time.
  3. Senior Member
    AdaraMarie's Avatar
    AdaraMarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    A Midwest State
    Posts
    644
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    my DH should be deploying what sounds like around the same time so we can be deployment buddies! Are you close to any kind of support group for his unit? I know our FRG has started doing a lot to prepare for deployment and help those that seem like they are going to have a really hard time.
    That sounds like a good idea!!!

    I feel so disconnected from his unit. Since he is NG we live in a different state then he is NG in. No one has reached out to either of us regarding FRG or anything. I joined a facebook group for his Post in the other state, but doesn't seem like any of the spouses support each other, its just a bunch of people posting questions about where to live, schools, restaurants, stuff like that.
  4. The name says it all!
    ALil2Naughty's Avatar
    ALil2Naughty is offline
    The name says it all!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Loki's chambers
    Posts
    26,367

    #4
    Maybe we could all start our own deployment support group. Dh is supposed to deploy some time early next year. We'll probably hear more this weekend when he goes to drill

    DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.




  5. Senior Member
    AdaraMarie's Avatar
    AdaraMarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    A Midwest State
    Posts
    644
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    Maybe we could all start our own deployment support group. Dh is supposed to deploy some time early next year. We'll probably hear more this weekend when he goes to drill
    Good idea! Mine is early 2018 too...
  6. Senior Member
    Margot31's Avatar
    Margot31 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    896
    #6
    Yup....right now our house is on a short list for a deployment due to what happened in the last few weeks with navy ships....The original won't be till 2018 if navy would like to stop playing this eenie meeny miny moe game and choose a ship and weather if they are taking an aviation det or not.
  7. Senior Member
    BLBnJVB3's Avatar
    BLBnJVB3 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,331
    Blog Entries
    1
    #7
    I'm sorry hon. The time leading up to deployment was worse than deployment for me. He's stressed, in and out for training, I'm stressed, there's anticipation, etc. The closer to deployment the worse it was. But after deployment started I got into a groove and it went by pretty quick. Hopefully, y'all get to really enjoy your time together and his deployment flies by. You've got it though. Yeah there will be some tough times but you'll power through. I know it. You've got this girl!!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Carolina's Avatar
    Carolina is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,641


    #8
    Deployment has been pushed back three times already and it recently hit me that it's not being pushed again. So I feel your pain
  9. The name says it all!
    ALil2Naughty's Avatar
    ALil2Naughty is offline
    The name says it all!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Loki's chambers
    Posts
    26,367

    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    I'm sorry hon. The time leading up to deployment was worse than deployment for me. He's stressed, in and out for training, I'm stressed, there's anticipation, etc. The closer to deployment the worse it was. But after deployment started I got into a groove and it went by pretty quick. Hopefully, y'all get to really enjoy your time together and his deployment flies by. You've got it though. Yeah there will be some tough times but you'll power through. I know it. You've got this girl!!
    Yeah, that period before they leave drove me nuts. At one point I was screaming in my head,"Just go already!" but I didn't want him to at the same time. Last time it was just dd1 and myself, this time we have two girls and a boy. Oh Lord. . .

    DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.




  10. Senior Member
    AdaraMarie's Avatar
    AdaraMarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    A Midwest State
    Posts
    644
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    I'm sorry hon. The time leading up to deployment was worse than deployment for me. He's stressed, in and out for training, I'm stressed, there's anticipation, etc. The closer to deployment the worse it was. But after deployment started I got into a groove and it went by pretty quick. Hopefully, y'all get to really enjoy your time together and his deployment flies by. You've got it though. Yeah there will be some tough times but you'll power through. I know it. You've got this girl!!
    We've been apart before, just completely different circumstances this time. We have a trip to Paris planned and are trying to spend time together before he leaves. We've known about this deployment as soon as he got out of Basic, but now with a date and its right around the corner its really setting in. I know I've got this... I have great support, but its sure going to be hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Deployment has been pushed back three times already and it recently hit me that it's not being pushed again. So I feel your pain
    That makes it hard. Kind of like dangling a carrot in front of you then taking it away! Im sorry... Im glad I found this site tho because I feel theres a lot of us going through the same thing to offer support for each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    Yeah, that period before they leave drove me nuts. At one point I was screaming in my head,"Just go already!" but I didn't want him to at the same time. Last time it was just dd1 and myself, this time we have two girls and a boy. Oh Lord. . .
    We got into an argument yesterday and I thought the same thing. I want him to leave to get it over with, but I dont because I want to spend as much time together as we can. It seems this period leading up to deployment is starting to be the worst of the whole thing...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •