Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This makes no sense...

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by AirgirlBay View Post
    First of all, maybe I don't have any idea how the military works, OK? I don't know why you feel the need to tell me I have some "crazy ideal fantasy life" or whatever the hell you meant. I joined this website because I DON'T know much about the military but my soulmate is in it, so yea I wanted to learn. I may be naive but I am not going to make people feel stupid when we should be supporting each other and building each other up. Sorry my military knowledge is not up to par or as good as yours, the point of this site is to help each other. Please grow up.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    First off, you need to chill out. Where they send him isn't based off of any needs except that of the Air Force.

His assignment can change at any time and they will send him where they need too. If that is Turkey, it could be. Since he is single, that would be a good place to send him as he has no attachments. Even if he did have a spouse, they can still send him with out the family.

As the previous Intelligent people said, the Opsec and Persec in this post wouldn't and shouldn't be talked about on a chat room.
    You could give me this advice without making the comment to "chill out". but thanks.
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Lol
    ~Becca~

4. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    OP, how old are you? I mean that as a serious question, no snark intended.

I think when your DB hears stuff like that he should a) not divulge that information outside of his unit because he may (unknowingly) be leaking classified information and b) not spread/feed into rumors or put much faith into them. Things change, that's life. He signed up for the military, so he has to accept the fact he may be pulled to go somewhere he's needed. That's the reality. All that being said, wars do not just pop up randomly. This might be a good time for you to research national security policies if you're interested in learning how things work.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Well snapping at people is definitely not the way to get the experience you want on here. People are not judging your relationship or giving you any particularly nasty comments. We are simply saying that based on your post history you seem to have an overly romanticized and immature view of being with someone in the military. You are only confirming that view by lashing out at those trying to help you. That's definitely not the way to make friends around here.

I Eelizah
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....in a recent post I talked about how I was so happy that DB, who is currently at tech school, got stationed in Lackland AFB for his first duty station. (it's near me) We were both so happy and now he comes at me saying some ridiculous gibberish that there are a bunch of rumors going around that a war is starting and everyone is probably going to Turkey instead of their original bases. DB is very intelligent but his imagination can get the best of him especially if hes with a group of guys who are all excited about the "upcoming war." To me it sounds like complete crap and I do not want his base to be changed so I am hoping it is just some BS rumor. Anyone have any knowledge on this subject?
    First of all, maybe I don't have any idea how the military works, OK? I don't know why you feel the need to tell me I have some "crazy ideal fantasy life" or whatever the hell you meant. I joined this website because I DON'T know much about the military but my soulmate is in it, so yea I wanted to learn. I may be naive but I am not going to make people feel stupid when we should be supporting each other and building each other up. Sorry my military knowledge is not up to par or as good as yours, the point of this site is to help each other. Please grow up.
    You know absolutely nothing about my relationship so while every relationship may or may not last, it is not your place to point that out. I already knew from the beginning he wouldn't be with me all the time but I can dream ok? I lived 2000 miles from him for a hell of a long time so I am aware that things do not always go my way.

This is disgusting I give nothing but love and respect to the other people on this website and to not receive that in return? Well sad, but fine I do not need it. I will pray for you.
    You could give me this advice without making the comment to "chill out". but thanks.
    QFP

OP if so many people are telling you to chill and roll with the punches a little more maybe you should listen to our advice instead of being rude back to us. the posts you responded to may be "tough love" which honestly is why this site is great its not all sunshine and rainbows being blown up people's asses. We are honestly trying to help you but you need to listen and stop being so defensive.
  7. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    You know absolutely nothing about my relationship so while every relationship may or may not last, it is not your place to point that out. I already knew from the beginning he wouldn't be with me all the time but I can dream ok? I lived 2000 miles from him for a hell of a long time so I am aware that things do not always go my way.

This is disgusting I give nothing but love and respect to the other people on this website and to not receive that in return? Well sad, but fine I do not need it. I will pray for you.
    I think you're really stressed out and I understand that, but maybe take a step back. I think everyone is trying to help.

8. Senior Member
    Thank you all, I apologize. I have had an outpouring of love on here and understand that people take different approaches to advice. My feelings got hurt and I was a tad overly sensitive. I'm scared for my fiance and got anonymously bullied a lot in high school online (told to kill myself, that I had no worth, etc.)- and almost commited suicide 3 times. You do not have to feel bad for me though, I came out SO MUCH stronger. Thank you for pointing this out to me, I will try my best to incorporate the information into my life. Anxiety and the fight for control is a hard battle to fight- I promise!

Also, I am 20 for whoever asked.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    I think you're really stressed out and I understand that, but maybe take a step back. I think everyone is trying to help.

Thank you for the kind words, I agree that they are. The "tough love" approach does not work for me but there was no way they could have known that.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    QFP

OP if so many people are telling you to chill and roll with the punches a little more maybe you should listen to our advice instead of being rude back to us. the posts you responded to may be "tough love" which honestly is why this site is great its not all sunshine and rainbows being blown up people's asses. We are honestly trying to help you but you need to listen and stop being so defensive.
    I wouldn't even consider this tough love? Lmao how sensitive. All anybody said is "no, that's not really how it works" and it's not like this is the first time her overly romanticized view of a military relationship has been mentioned.

OP nobody is being mean to you, and this is a supportive site. But honestly I think the reason you're not making many friends here is because of this overly romantic view you seem to have, what with saying "a military girlfriend is just a wife in waiting" and stuff like that. We are people who have lived this lifestyle and we are telling you that you're being naive for a reason, and that's to save you from disappointment. It's great that you're in love, and there's nothing wrong with being young or naive but you're going to learn these things eventually so why not be receptive to it now? Trust me, this online community full of strangers is going to be a lot kinder to you than the Facebook groups you'll probably join when you get to your first base.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast