Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Deployment this fall

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Deployment this fall

Advertisements
    So, I have been a member here for a long time but am not very active. I might as well re introduce myself here because we just got the news that he will deploy around October. We originally were told March hit it was moved up so we are trying to process that now.
    So a little about me, I am an RN and he is in the Air Force, currently stationed in MD. We have been together for over two years and just got married 2 1/2 weeks ago! This is the first deployment for both of us.

Right now I am just trying to wrap my head around everything we need to do in addition to changing my name and just the ID card and DEERS, such as power of attorney and will changes.

He has been on nights while I have worked days for most of our relationship and he did a two month TDY last year, so I am hoping it won't be that much harder. I am trying to be positive about it but I think I just need a day to get over it.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope to talk to some of you guys throughout the next few months!
    Last edited by Cara; 07-06-2016 at 12:07 PM.
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Girl, it's never easy, especially in the beginning, but if anyone can get through it, it's us!

I'm here if you need someone to talk to!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Senior Member
    Hi! Air Force wife for 11 years and survived a couple of deployments. I'm also an RN so we have lots in common DH just returned home a couple of weeks ago so I know where you are. If you ever need a friend feel free to reach out! Congrats on getting married!
  4. Senior Member
    Hello! Congratulations on your new marriage!!

I think we all cringe when we hear that dreaded word, "Deployment"! Honestly, I believe it' the months leading up to the deployment and the pre-deployment "stuff" that goes on that is the hardest part. Keep your chin up, you will get through this!

I'm patiently waiting for my DH to return home from his deployment! If you need someone to chat with - send me a pm

5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Congratulations on your marriage!! I have been married now 4.5 years two kids in will be going through a deployment here soon myself. actually a little before yours my husband's starts. Feel free to message me at anytime, I know what it is like to be a newbie Im victoria
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    Girl, it's never easy, especially in the beginning, but if anyone can get through it, it's us!

I'm here if you need someone to talk to!
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    Hi! Air Force wife for 11 years and survived a couple of deployments. I'm also an RN so we have lots in common DH just returned home a couple of weeks ago so I know where you are. If you ever need a friend feel free to reach out! Congrats on getting married!
    Quote Originally Posted by kw1214 View Post
    Hello! Congratulations on your new marriage!!

I think we all cringe when we hear that dreaded word, "Deployment"! Honestly, I believe it' the months leading up to the deployment and the pre-deployment "stuff" that goes on that is the hardest part. Keep your chin up, you will get through this!

I'm patiently waiting for my DH to return home from his deployment! If you need someone to chat with - send me a pm

Quote Originally Posted by USAF_Vicroria View Post
    Congratulations on your marriage!! I have been married now 4.5 years two kids in will be going through a deployment here soon myself. actually a little before yours my husband's starts. Feel free to message me at anytime, I know what it is like to be a newbie Im victoria
    Thank you all so much!! It took me a couple of hours to get over the shock, but I think I am a little better now. I have been wanting to really get back into school, so I might do that for the next few months and my best friend just bought a house and said she would love a roommate. We have lived together before and DH and I can save so much money!

Not exactly how I thought we would spend our first year of marriage, but we will work with it! I'm glad to hear that pre deployment can sometimes be worse than the actual deployment. I have this ridiculous feeling of dread, so I hope this goes away.

I am a little upset because he was scheduled to start a Monday- Friday day class for about a month which would mean we are finally on the same schedule for once. But he found out today he might have to start the pre deployment training ASAP, so who knows if he will get to do it now.

Thank you for being here to talk! You guys have already made me feel much better!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    Thank you all so much!! It took me a couple of hours to get over the shock, but I think I am a little better now. I have been wanting to really get back into school, so I might do that for the next few months and my best friend just bought a house and said she would love a roommate. We have lived together before and DH and I can save so much money!

Not exactly how I thought we would spend our first year of marriage, but we will work with it! I'm glad to hear that pre deployment can sometimes be worse than the actual deployment. I have this ridiculous feeling of dread, so I hope this goes away.

I am a little upset because he was scheduled to start a Monday- Friday day class for about a month which would mean we are finally on the same schedule for once. But he found out today he might have to start the pre deployment training ASAP, so who knows if he will get to do it now.

Thank you for being here to talk! You guys have already made me feel much better!
    Keep up the positive attitude That helps alot!