Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: The Emotional Cycle of Deployment

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    I am currently in the pre deployment stage. I try to find cute care package ideas to share with my significant other so that he knows I will always be thinking about him. We created a playlist for the two of us to listen to while he away. We downloaded skype and really enjoy using it already. We look at engagement rings and daydream about our future together. We really just enjoy every second we have with eachother. We have a promise to openly communicate everything we are experiencing to eachother. Makes the pre deployment anxiety easier to handle. We will be keeping journals and have promised to write eachother every day. Its the open discussion and promises we make that make deployment easier to soak in[/QUOTE]
  2. Senior Member
    I was JUST looking for this the other day! Last deployment I hit all the emotions, and this deployment I barely feel like I have hit any.

3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    In the 5 stage setup the pre-deployment stage is spot on for me...
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My husband is about to deploy. I've been feeling so up and down. Some days I'm "up," which actually looks more like "surviving," and some days I'm so depressed I can hardly leave the bed. Like the article said, I'm trying to plan fun activities for us to do before he leaves, but I'm kind of already in mourning over him leaving. 6 months seems like such a long time. I hate even going to bed without him and now I have to do it everyday for half a year. I'm concerned about even functioning normally once he leaves, caring for myself or our dogs.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveDisappears View Post
    I tried opening the link and it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone else have a newer link?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmilingBeauty View Post
    I tried opening the link and it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone else have a newer link?
    same here
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SmilingBeauty View Post
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    The Emotional Cycle of Deployment: Military Family Perspective | Military.com

I am not sure if this is the same thing as the original, but it is probably close.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I really loved reading this article about the Emotional Cycle of Deployment. While I have never gone through deployment with a significant other, I have numerous female friends who have gone through deployments with their spouses or will be going through one soon. Specifically I have a friend who is in the pre-deployment stage right now. I feel like she is both scared and also attempting to avoid the inevitable. Reading this article helped me to understand the importance for her to have a base of support when her husband deploys. It is more than just being there as a friend, she needs multiple people around her for the moments where she really cannot do this on her own. I also think a lot of our conversations before he has left have helped her work through some of her feelings of loss and denial so potentially those don't hit as hard when he does deploy. While I anticipate deployment being very difficult for her, Im happy to have a resource such as this to help guide be to be the greatest support that I can be for her.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789