Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first deployment

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by JessBear View Post
    I just had to say bye to my DF this morning. I have a question, did everyone know the month that their person would return? We were only told 4-9 months which is making this harder on me. I'm just telling myself it is 9 months so if it is earlier then it will be a nice surprise.
    I have times I had a fairly solid estimate (though not an exact date) and times when it was completely unknown, without even an estimate.
    Last edited by villanelle; 02-17-2016 at 11:49 PM.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Super jealous we got Louisanna:/
  3. Senior Member
    My DH just left for four months; feel free to message me if you'd like to chat!
  4. Always & truly. Completely & fully. :)
    Always & truly. Completely & fully. :)
    I've got a little over a couple months left of this deployment. Feel free to message me if any of you want to chat. I am also in Hawaii, so being in the same time zone as someone helps a lot too
    "I know you better than anyone else and I accept you for who you are and treat you with respect. I noticed you from your strengths but stayed with you because of your faults."
    -DH

First, my BCB. Then my best friend. & Now crimson_heart07 is my wifey since 06.22.11
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My fiance just left a couple weeks ago for his first deployment too. It's so rough. We have 3 months to go. So how did you meet your husband? I love those kinds of stories.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tofuface View Post
    We were also told the amount of months. Then halfway through we were given a date. But then it was extended another month and we no longer had a date at that point. Then he finally told me about 1 month before that they confirmed his new date the second time around. He had a flight and everything this time. So essentially don't believe anything until it's on paper but still I'm wary of it changing until his boots hit the ground and he's home.
    What ? The military didn't stick to it's word on the original date? OMG ... unheard of. NOT! I never ever get my hopes up in the original date.
  7. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_Nicole View Post
    What ? The military didn't stick to it's word on the original date? OMG ... unheard of. NOT! I never ever get my hopes up in the original date.
    Hah, yeah, pretty much. DB is deploying next month but he hasn't been told exactly when. The not knowing of when he's going is stressful as hell, but I imagine it's worse for homecoming dates.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Hah, yeah, pretty much. DB is deploying next month but he hasn't been told exactly when. The not knowing of when he's going is stressful as hell, but I imagine it's worse for homecoming dates.
    Actually I think it's stressful on both sides of the equation. Whenever we got close to a date in some weird way I wanted to get it started just so I knew then I was closer to a return home. Not that I was wishing him to go away or anything. I don't deal with the good bye's very well so I just wanted that part over and done.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123