Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deployment Pal needed!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Deployed

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraHinds1122 View Post
    Well I have been In 1 car accident since he left . In his truck, thank god for usaa. We also could be expecting our first baby. I too am in a boat of many troubles.
    I myself have deployed 3 times but as a single Marine which is "totally" different than when you deploy as a married couple. Yes it puts a huge strain on everyone but I deal with it by staying fit, volunteering at my daughter's school and the VA, and keeping busy with my 2 younger kids. And again, it's tougher when there's not a lot of support around you. FRG's claim they are there to assist but when put through the test 15 months ago on my wife's first deployment, they couldn't even return a measly email! They returned my email well after when I had already contacted the Red Cross for assistance.
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Deployed

Quote Originally Posted by SaraHinds1122 View Post
    Well I have been In 1 car accident since he left . In his truck, thank god for usaa. We also could be expecting our first baby. I too am in a boat of many troubles.
    I myself have deployed 3 times but as a single Marine which is "totally" different than when you deploy as a married couple. Yes it puts a huge strain on everyone but I deal with it by staying fit, volunteering at my daughter's school and the VA, and keeping busy with my 2 younger kids. And again, it's tougher when there's not a lot of support around you. FRG's claim they are there to assist but when put through the test 15 months ago on my wife's first deployment, they couldn't even return a measly email! They returned my email well after when I had already contacted the Red Cross for assistance.
  3. Regular Member
    Mine is currently deployed too. I'm always up for chatting so feel free any of you to PM me
  4. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cara View Post
    Hopefully we will know more next week, but so far the plan is he is leaving October maybe!
    My SO is leaving October to supposedly, I've never had a deployment pal so itd be nice
  5. Senior Member
    Mine deploys very soon. I really would like to have a deployment pal, but I read the rule and I have only just joined the site today
    This is his first deployment with me, I hope we do okay.
    Last edited by tofuface; 07-23-2015 at 08:17 PM.
  6. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tofuface View Post
    Mine deploys very soon. I really would like to have a deployment pal, but I read the rule and I have only just joined the site today
    This is his first deployment with me, I hope we do okay.
    It may not be an official deployment pal but you could talk to me? My so has been getting busier and busier tell with appointments that have to do with his deployment so I've been feeling a bit lonely myself. How long have you been with your SO?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Animerai View Post
    It may not be an official deployment pal but you could talk to me? My so has been getting busier and busier tell with appointments that have to do with his deployment so I've been feeling a bit lonely myself. How long have you been with your SO?
    YES! he's been so busy lately and I got used to seeing him every day since we lived together. I've been missing him a lot lately and I'm glad to hear that its normal for this to happen since I thought he was just feeling less for me or something. Whenever I do get to see him though, he does tell me that he loves me and apologizes for being so busy and not having enough time for me. feel free to message me if you want to talk, or aim.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I just joined the site today as the lonely part of deployment is setting in as my husband has been gone for about a month. I am in major need of a deployment pal!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12