Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I NEED A DEPLOYMENT PAL

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Hello I NEED A DEPLOYMENT PAL

Advertisements
    Hello there, I am currently dealing with my first deployment. It's been about 4 months now that He's been gone, and I just miss Him soo much. We been keeping in touch with letters, and Skype. We had a few phone calls here and there, but it's difficult when I'm in school and work. He's 7 hours ahead in Iraq and I miss most of the calls due to time difference. But I am looking for someone who is going through what I am going, or at least been through it once before. I just would like someone I could share these feelings I'm having, to know someone out there knows how I feel during this deployment.
  2. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

almost four months in to my husbands deployment with three more months to go. I'm here if you ever want to talk.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Hey there, I'm going through my first time as well! DB has been at training for a week before he gets deployed to Kuwait. We are able to talk on the phone every day and I'm actually seeing him this weekend for my 30th birthday. I know once he goes off to Kuwait, the contact won't be as frequent with the time difference and whatnot. One of the things that I'm excited about is doing themed care packages every month. I think having a project to keep me busy will help me get through the down time without him.
  4. Senior Member
    Hey there. I know what you mean about the time difference and work or other things scheduled at home. This is my second deployment, but the first with my current partner. Having time coordinated to talk on the phone or skype is difficult sometimes. For some people it's very frustrating when their SO calls and just get a message. He knows my schedule though, and I've told him if he gets an opportunity to call it's okay to just leave a message. At least I get to hear his voice and I know that at that moment in time he is safe. As long as I know that, everything else can work itself out later on.
  5. Regular Member
    I need one as well. I'm here if you want to talk.
    New year, new me!
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    My DF left in October, the past couple months have just been getting used to the time difference and getting into our little routines. I still worry when I don't hear from him for a couple days but I try to stay busy (it seems to help my worry subside). He is coming home on leave this summer and we are getting married, so when times get tough I like to plan our wedding, it seems to make the days go by faster.
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi! I'm 3 months into his deployment! I'm glad to find other people going through what I'm going through. I miss him and love when we can have a conversations, but than I feel like he gets quiet for a few day. But we're not actually dating, he found out he was about to leave right when it started getting serious.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hi! My DF deployed in July and doesn't come home until Jan at the earliest....I thought I was doing ok, but surely the time difference and terrible internet connection is slowly (understatement of the year) starting to depress me. If anyone has any advice I'm willing to listen
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I have been keeping a journal I write in everyday of things I am not able to talk to my soldier about when we are on the phone or don't have the time to tell him due to the connections. Things like daily happenings in my work day, unexpected invitations to friends, intimate feelings, what type of wine I am having a glass of, articles or pictures from magazines /newspapers he would be interested in. (e.g.organic farming/ sports scores) Then on Sunday I scan all of that weeks entries and email them to DB. He has them for when he has access to internet for extra reading -he likes this as it makes him feel like he is a part of the daily living stuff at home. We all get down and scared at times just remember how blessed you are to have your soldier in your life and how blessed your soldier is to have you
  10. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Hi all. This thread is a little outdated! You may want to start a new thread in the During Deployment section. There are usually "during deployment" check-ins you can participate in as well!