Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: theresa913 & navykels March Deployment Pals!

1. ...

theresa913 & navykels March Deployment Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!!
  2. Senior Member
    again!!

How have you been???
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey! So glad we got paired up again I've been good but super busy lately. I'm SOOO happy it is finally spring! How have you been?
  4. Senior Member
    I've been crazy busy as well. This month DB is coming home!! I have so much left to do, his birthday is also this month so I need to figure out what to get him. Shopping for him is always so difficult! Do you have trouble shopping for your DH? Any gift ideas you can think of that went over well with your DH?

Anyways, school is going well and I'm trying to remain relaxed so I don't feel too overwhelmed. I'm totally over the snow we have been getting up in WI. My hometown got 17 inches of snow in one day last week. UGH! At least I didn't have to help shovel since I was up at school.
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ah! That is SO exciting! I have trouble getting DH gifts too...he is obsessed with two sports teams in particular, so tickets to a sporting game or some type of sports memorabilia always are a hit...or something for his car...a weekend getaway is always great too! Either a weekend at a B&B, or just a day trip with a picnic or fun activity planned like a hike or trip to some cool place. Or since we are a boring old married couple, something practical like a gift card for gas or some coffee...or new shoes haha.

The month leading up to homecoming can be so stressful...its like you are so excited and restless it just makes you crazy! We are three months out and I'm already starting to feel it! Just stay positive, and like you said keep busy to stay calm!
  6. Senior Member
    Maybe I will just have a "date day" with DB and just take him to lunch or dinner and go do something fun? That could work out great or even try to get him tickets to a game. I think I will go with that, sounds good. Thanks for your ideas. I will probably get him an ice cream cake too since it is his favorite and decorate my apartment all cute with birthday happiness. Hopefully he will be okay with not having any presents to open.

He comes home in under 25 days! I am freaking out. Would it be weird to make a poster saying "Welcome Home Zach! It's about time!" (Oh and I asked him if I could say his name and he was fine with it) Is that appropriate you think, the saying? Last deployment I didn't make a poster or anything so this time I want to make it more special. Also, I need outfit opinions. I'll have to lay out a few outfit options and you can help me decide.

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Boys are so weird....DH gets SO excited over going to a Bruins game...like a little kid. He is obsessed with the players and knows everything about them. I honestly think it's so funny that guys can be all big and macho then something like a sports team turns them back to their 8 year old selves haha. I can't stand sporting events, but I'll go just to make him happy, so I'm always like "This is a DOUBLE gift...the tickets plus me actually going" haha.

I love that idea for the poster!!! We are still about 3 months out but I want to order a poster this time too maybe, or at least make a few. I think that's cute for the saying because it's funny and not overly sappy. I love picking out homecoming outfits! I'll totally help you decide! I am trying to lose my 10 'winter' pounds in time for my next half marathon in April and as a reward I'll buy a new bathing suit and hopefully figure out my homecoming outfit then as well!
  8. Senior Member
    Sporting events are so much fun. My parents actually got tickets for the 4 of us to go to the Brewers opening baseball game! That will be a blast Even though it's not exactly from "me" I know he will love it. I'm so happy that my parents love him like a son already and accept him into our family. Not that they didn't before, but they seem to really like him now.

I will take some pictures soon of my possible outfits. I am so looking forward to it. I'm debating whether I will go down the casual cute route or wear a dress and try to look drop dead gorgeous. Who knows?

Tonight I will actually be cooking dinner, which I haven't done in some time. I usually eat lean cuisines, salads or sandwiches. Hamburger Helper it is! My stove and oven suck and don't hold a temperature very well right now for some reason and this should be a fun dinner to cook. Last time I used the oven, I made cookies that ended up burning. I set the temperature to 325 and the oven set itself to 450 without me knowing. I baked the cookies for 6 minutes and they were black! Total fail

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I love when your SO becomes family...like with E and his sister they never really had a good family life so they love having my mom and aunts as their new extended family. And sometimes I think my mom and aunt dote on him more than me haha! He gets so spoiled when we go to visit them and I'm just there off to the side lol.

I was pinteresting possible outfits again today...I have a problem lol! I love wearing fun summery dresses, but then again E has seen me in summer dresses all the time, so I dont know if I want to do something different, like a long flowy dress or something (obviously nothing too fancy, but like a maxi dress? Or maybe a skirt and nice shirt? )

Our old apartment oven was like that...for a long time it only worked in self cleaner mode so like 600 degrees lol...cookies baked in like 3 mintues. It was nuts! I bought a toaster oven to tide us over til they replaced it which took almost a year...renting sucked haha.

How is your week? This week went by fast for me! I'm going to get a long run on the treadmill today and I cleaned a lot around the house this morning. I have to pack up our whole living room for the contractors to start work next week...I feel like we're moving again...so stressful!
  10. Senior Member
    I have been pinteresting all day ...... I had an exam this morning and now I am being lazy. I only have one class on Friday, it's awesome. I want to start wearing more skirts and dresses. I am hoping to get some more for summer. Also, I need a new swimsuit. I am in serious need of a run to the mall.

DB is totally part of the family now. It feels amazing. I am also part of DB's family now for the most part. He just became an uncle 2 weeks ago for the first time and his older brother (the father) was texting me and telling me I was going to be an aunt in a few hours! Then they were texting me pictures and saying I was an aunt and DB and I aren't even engaged yet. I'm glad our families get along and we both fit in with each others families.

I'm actually looking to live off campus next school year. I'm a bit nervous to go out and get my own place with my roomie, but I know her and I will be fine. It'll be a great experience learning how to pay the bills and truly be out on my own. DB is also taking his BM2 test today (to earn a promotion) and I'm hoping he does well! He really wants to pass it and get promoted

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast