Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lovemypfc:) & theresa913 February Deployment Pals!

1. ...

Jump for Joy lovemypfc:) & theresa913 February Deployment Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey! It seems like we have a lot in common...I'm so excited to be your pal this month! We are also 5 months into our second deployment, and my DH has been in about 7 years in the National Guard. I also have an obsession with Nicholas Sparks and Pinterest! Hope you are having a great weekend!
  3. Senior Member
    My name is Kimberly, nice to meet you!
    Thats awesome! My DH is going on 6 years with the Army. I do love Nicholas Sparks books and I also love to cook so I'm completely addicted to Pinterest! How's your weekend going? I had such a crazy busy week with my classes so I haven't been on as much as I usually am I'm working on a speech for comm right now (& I am deathly afraid of public speaking) and getting ready to watch the super bowl! So excited about this year's game!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I've been so super busy with school too! The beginning of spring semester I think is always the hardest craziest time of year! We are planning so many new events with the students coming back (I work as a graduate assistant in the gym)...and I am also going back to my own classes so it's super hectic.

Hope your speech goes well! I didn't watch the super bowl cuz I'm not a big sports person, but I got all the updates I needed and some I didnt need via facebook as it seems like everyone was posting about it every two seconds haha. DH would have killed me if we didnt watch the superbowl and he was home, so I take advantage of 'no sports sundays' while he is gone lol.
  5. Senior Member
    what are you studying? im an undeclared major still
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'll be graduating with my masters in counseling in June I am so excited to almost be done, but I have total senioritis haha. I still have to do at least another year or two of classes and interning after this to get my license, but just having the masters will feel great to be done with that step!
  7. Senior Member
    Well that's great, you're almost there! I've been battling my financial aid for years... so schools been an on off kind of thing for me. I graduated from high school in 2007 and credit wise, I'm only in my sophomore year of college. Now that I will have completed my last semester of general education credits, I have to choose a major and I don't have a clue where to start! I suppose some progress is better than none though..

So what else do you do in your free time to stay busy? I've been doing some volunteer work along side school, which I really enjoy.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Financial aid is a nightmare sometimes! I am lucky in grad school to have an assistantship, which covers tuition and pays minimum wage for 20 hours a week...I also had to take out loans though, because that's not enough to live on, even though I supplement by teaching yoga. That's awesome that you are done with the gen ed requierments though! What are your interests? What do you see yourself doing down the line? It really doesn't matter what major you choose for most jobs...I know so many people who are doing the opposite of what they majored in!

I work at a gym and two yoga studios, I have to intern at two schools, and for free time we have two rescued dogs and I love art, music, and movies I cant wait for spring because I am a huge runner and hiker but in the winter we dont get to enjoy that too much up here in New England.

I don't know where you live, but we got slammed with this blizzard!
  9. Senior Member
    I've been trying to get myself back in the gym lately but I've been really bad about it this past week. I've also been wanting to start yoga, but I'm a little skeptical of joining a class as a beginner where I don't know anyone! I also enjoy running and hiking... another member on this forum (Hoatzin) and I have been looking into several 5k's that will be coming up in the next few months like dirty girl and color run. I really miss the summertime and DH being here though because we love to go backpacking together. I'm hoping we will find time to visit the Appalachians when he gets back.

Wow! That's a lot of snow!! I'm totally jealous Its been cold here, but its a wet winter. Everyone told us it snows here in winter, but this is my second one in this area and I have yet to see a day where the snow sticks to the ground . We are in Tennesssee.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It can be so difficult to keep up with workouts in the winter. I cannot wait to move down south one of these years...I've always wanted to but circumstances just haven't agreed to it yet! I was so desperate for a good run yesterday that I ran 5 miles on the indoor track at school! I've never been a big fan of track running, but it's been far too long since I could run outside and I needed to just RUN!

Most yoga teachers are very accomodating to new students. I love having new students in my class and usually ask at the beginning of class if anyone is new to yoga so I can offer modified poses for them. It is so relaxing, and has really changed my life in so many ways...you should totally try it

I can't wait for DH to get home and hike together again too! It's more fun hiking with company sometimes! Especially when I can make him carry all the heavy gear lol. We are going to do Mt Washington in NH this summer! I am looking into doing a color run too...looks neat! I am signed up for two half marathons this year and just need to get my mileage back up...it's a good goal to look forward to to make the spring go by faster while waiting for DH to get home.

What are you up to today? I interned from 730-1130 and am heading back to work from 3-8 in a bit.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast