Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hi! How are you doing this week?

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  3. Senior Member
    I am doing great this week! Currently heading off to work, I work at an after school program with mostly Spanish bilingual kids at the elementary level. I love it.

I am so looking forward to this month, no classes, just working and relaxing all month with my roomie. Good times. Also, getting closer to DB coming home!

What are you up to this week?
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    That sounds like a great job! Any job you love is great
    I'm also working this week. My workweek is thurs-mon so it's my Monday today! I work in a lab. Just in microbiology now, but eventually I'll train in the other areas too. I just found out last week that DH's return date got bumped up, so if I'm lucky he'll be home this month!! I know how the army is so I try not to get my hopes up. But I still need to be planning I need to find an outfit and I made an appointment for my hair. So exciting! That's cool that you have a roommate you get along with. I still haven't met anyone since we pcs's here. What do you like to do for fun?
  5. Senior Member
    That sounds like a pretty sweet job. Also, I met my roommate freshman year of college and now we are really good friends and we "gel" living together. So it's pretty great.

I love reading, watch movies, surf pinterest , and just hang out with people. Also, I love going to concerts, shows, musicals, you name it, I love it. What do you enjoy doing?

for his homecoming date getting bumped up to THIS MONTH!!!
    Start planning! What do you think you may wear?
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I spend most of my free time working out and cleaning and if I get the money, I like doing spa things. I'm currently addicted to groupon.
    I don't know what to wear! I was thinking tights and shorts with little anklet booties and a cute scarf and matching hat because it's going to be freezing. I'm taller than DH when I wear heels though. It's hard to stay warm and look semi-sexy while also not wearing heels. I'll look on my next day off. I'm so excited! He seems like he's starting to let go of his stress there and cling a little tighter to me, which I think is cute. He called me for three hours last night, emailed me in the middle of the night and called me on my way to work this morning. I'm feeling spoiled with all this contact. Is this your 1st deployment together?
  7. Senior Member
    I need to work out more. I like doing yoga and zumba, I just have to do it more often. Spa stuff is really fun. At-home facials are fun too!

That outfit you described sounds awesome. Just make sure you aren't freezing, but hey you'll have your DH to keep you warm too. That is awesome that you have heard from him so much! Lucky duck haha. I heard from DB yesterday, and we talked for about an hour. Other than that we try to skype when he is in port (he's Navy) and can usually email a lot.
    This is our second deployment, first one was 6 months and this one is 9. Almost done though. March cannot come fast enough!

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Do you think it gets any easier the second time? DH went right from BCT to AIT, then had 2 weeks off and came here to his first duty station. I moved to join him a month later and then he left a month after that for deployment. In the last 15 months, I've seen him maybe 2 months total. I don't even want to think about another deployment yet. Geez. How long did you have between?
    I bought a skin care package at a med spa out here. That's given me something to look forward to every couple of weeks! I'm getting an IPL treatment on my face in a little over a week and starting laser hair removal for my underarms. There's a sushi restaurant by it that has a really good veggie roll called a V-8 roll. It's my date day with myself!
    Our stupid car broke again yesterday so I had to call off work today to get it fixed. Not good since I'm still on my probationary period. I hope I don't get in trouble. It's the second time I've had to have it fixed since I started there, but I only had to leave work a little early the first time so I could get a rental. I can't wait until DH is home to deal with the car stuff.
    I like yoga too. I should do more of it! I have every workout DVD Jillian Michaels ever made, so I make up workout plans with those. I usually do one when I wake up and one when I get home from work. I've been tracking my calories these last couple days and realized I haven't been eating enough. That's probably why I'm so tired lately and also not losing any more weight. I'm probably slowing down my metabolism. That's ok. It's good news to hear you have to eat more!!
    March is reeeeally soon!! Do you have homecoming plans yet?

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  9. Senior Member
    I would say its a tad bit easier since you know what to expect. The first time around I didn't know what was going to happen, how things in port work, email stuff, etc. So this time around its much easier for DB and I since we already know our "routine" We had about 7 months in between, but he did change ships so that is probably why they were closer together.
    Date day with yourself, I like it! I should start doing some of those. I mean there are days I try to treat myself but I wanna go out and get something fun for myself too! Thanks for the idea
    Not gonna lie, I know basically nothing about car stuff....so I would be in the same boat as you. Thankfully nothing has happened to my car while he is away, but if anything did happen I would probably just call up my dad
    Jillian Michaels!!! I do her DVDs too, I like the one with the 7 different circuits. Don't remember the title of the DVD but that one always kicks my butt! I have no idea where I'm at calorie wise....should probably get on that. I'll start that up soon.

March is really soon! Cannot wait! I am definitely going to fly down to Norfolk, VA and go to his homecoming. I want to make a poster and stuff too so I am going to start thinking of what I want to do with that. Otherwise, haven't really thought much more about it.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    DH pretty much told me what he wants for his 4 day months ago, so I don't have too much to figure out on my own. Our FRG leader still hasn't sent out any details of their return. There's a meeting I'll try to get to tomorrow.
    A trip to VA sounds fun! How long are you going to stay?
    I feel really anxious today for no reason. I think it's just PMS but it's pretty annoying! Work is pretty slow today too. I wish it would pick up so I'd be distracted. On the plus side, our car seems to be running pretty good today! And my boss doesn't seem upset with me so probably I'm not in trouble.
    You should definitely do date day with yourself! I have one about every other week and it's nice to have it to look forward to. I used to have them with MIL and those were fun too. She's supposed to come visit in a couple months. My one friend was going to try to come out last month, but money is tight. Everyone says they'll come visit when you move far away but realistically it's tough. DH doesn't seem to have any burning desire to plan a trip back any time soon either. He wasn't real attached to our home state. How far do you live from your DB?

Oh-I think that dvd might be No More Touble Zones? It's a good one! This week I'm doing Ripped in 30 in the morning and alternating between 6 week 6 pack and Killer Buns and Thighs in the evening. Theoretically
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast