Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: navykels & theresa913 December Deployment Pals!

1. ...

Jump for Joy navykels & theresa913 December Deployment Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Senior Member
    Hope you are having a great week so far!
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi! I'm Theresa Week is going okay....the best part is its in the 50s and 60s by some sort of December miracle! But I have tons and tons of homework to get done. How is your week going?
  4. Senior Member
    Hi Theresa, I'm Kelsey
    Wow that is some nice weather, it is starting to get colder up here. I live in Wisconsin so I'm pretty used to the cold I know with finals coming up I feel a little swamped but we just gotta persevere. I read that you teach yoga, I am in desperate need of some relaxation!! Sign me up. But, otherwise my week is going great and communication with DB has been amazing this week. Also, my roomies and I are getting ready for the holidays and we cut a bunch of paper snowflakes while watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Fun times.
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Booo! It got cold again! In the 30s I'm sure you are used to it from Wisconsin though! I don't think I could ever live there! I always plan my move to a tropical island ...it will happen someday haha.

Finals are so stressful but it's December, thank goodness! Yoga really helps me get through all the stress of school, work, and the deployment! If you lived closer, I'd totally say to come to my classes

It's so nice when you have a week of loves of time to talk to them! I've been super busy and stressed, so I haven't been able to talk to DH too much this week, but am SO looking forward to our phone call this weekend!

Now you have me wanting to cut out snowflakes! I really need to get my act together and decorate...I so haven't done anything yet except one lowsy wreath haha.
  6. Senior Member
    Darn weather just isn't cooperating this year! Yea, if you don't like the cold do not ever move to WI. Terrible idea.

I realized that I only have 3 final exams, which was a nice surprise. But, I do have to write a paper for one class, 3 pages double spaced but completely in Spanish so that will be interesting to write. Maybe I will try and hit up a yoga class or two on campus during finals week to just relax and forget about the stress of finals.

Phone calls and Skype dates are simply the best thing ever. It's bittersweet when you have to hang up, but so worth it. I got to Skype DB 2 times this weekend because they are in port. (he's in the Navy deployed on a ship) So it was wonderful because that seems to never happen. for a phone call for you this weekend! Something to look forward to in this icky mess of finals and stress.

I'll have to take some pictures of my room with all the snowflakes up, we went a little overboard but I love it. We also have lights up, stockings, advent calendars and much more.....We are kind of Christmas nerds haha, you should make at least a few snowflakes and put them up if you don't have anything else!!

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I miss taking spanish! Not sure if I could still write a 3 page paper in it, though! Someday I want to take more spanish classes just for fun...I used to be really good at it but then once I stopped classes in languages, I lost it!

Yoga is SO good for finals stress...I went last night and it was amazing! The phone call is also going to be super helpful!

I defintiely want to see all the xmas decorations! I need inspiration haha!
  8. Senior Member
    I love Spanish. I want to become a bilingual elementary teacher. It comes in handy a lot I must say.

Maybe this weekend I'll go to the morning yoga class. It will help me relax and study more. Also, I am working at an even for kids this weekend called 'Tis the Season where underprivileged kids can come in and see Santa, do arts and crafts and play winter games. It should be a blast. I hope you get your phone call soon!

I will take pictures tonight or tomorrow and send them to you. My roommate is in class, so I'm gonna wait until she gets back. Other than that, I am studying, starting my Spanish paper, listening to Christmas Pandora and drinking hot chocolate. Gotta love lazy Fridays!!!

9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    There is such a need for bilingual teachers! I am getting my masters in counseling with a focus on education and we learn so much about the students in the city here who get failed or dropout simply because of the language gap and not having enough resources to get them the help they need to catch up. That camp sounds so neat! What a wonderful idea for the holiday season!

Got my phone call today, so that was nice! Although sometimes you get those phone calls where its just awkward because other people are around and theres nothing really to talk about, or you get caught up just discussing dumb trivial things...not fun...

Your lazy Friday sounded fun! I can't wait for lazy fun winter break days...I just need time off!
  10. Senior Member
    I'm so excited to go into that field of work! I'm also hoping it makes it easier to get a job right away after school The kids thing went very well. I got to be at a craft table for stockings the kids could decorate, super fun and cute!! I am still missing some festive pictures of my room. I NEED to get on that asap lol.

I'm so glad you got your phone call. I totally know how you feel, when it's you talk for a while and run out of stuff to say. It's just not the same as being in person with him and you can just cuddle up and not saying anything is completely okay, whereas if you are on the phone you want to keep the conversation going as long as possible.

Finals are coming up on me soon. Next week Monday I have 2, Tuesday I have one. So not too bad, but I'm just not liking all of this studying. BLAH!
    Tomorrow will be a sweats day, I only have one class. Totally going to just wake up, go, come back and nap, study and then go to work. I'm so looking forward to it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast