Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: KimberlyJ & HisCrazyGirl December Deployment Pals!

1. ...

Jump for Joy KimberlyJ & HisCrazyGirl December Deployment Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Senior Member
    Hi, how are you? I'm Kimberly. I'm so glad its finally December and another month down!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

!
    I'm good how are you doing? I'm Amber. Yes it's good to finally be on to the last month of the year!
  4. Senior Member
    I'm doing good, had a long day at work. I work in a doctors office as an assistant. I ended up having tomorrow off though and our office is closed on Fridays so I get a super long weekend, which is much needed since I have finals coming up next week. What do you do to stay busy?

I saw your thread about dog fostering, I think that's a great thing to do! My mom works with the local shelter back home and its so sad because they are so shorthanded on foster homes.

Where are you located? It says under your photo, NC? If so, how do you like it? DH wanted to go to Fort Bragg pretty badly before we decided to come here to Fort Campbell.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm sorry about the long day but for a long weekend! Good luck on your finals! What are you in school for? Right now I just do online school and hang out with friends / do stuff around the house. After I get home from Christmas visiting family I'll be looking for a job though. Do you have any hobbies you do to keep busy aside from work / school? What are your plans for Christmas?

Yeah I have two other dogs so that concerns me a little bit, but they are good with other dogs so as long as I could foster non aggressive dogs, I think I will be all for it. My problem will be separating my emotions, I get attached so easily .

We're at Bragg . I like it, I hate Fayetteville (the city it is near) but I love Bragg in general. Beaches, Mountains, fun cities, small towns. NC has pretty much everything you could want. The people are generally pretty nice too, the further from Fayetteville you are the nicer the people . How do you like Campbell? I've heard good things about it!
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks! I'm actually not sure. My adviser just dropped the bomb last Friday that I have to declare a major by March 1 and I really haven't given it any thought. I have so many interests its just going to be hard to narrow them down. My classes are online as well, but next semester I'll be taking 2 on campus and 2 online so it'll get me out of the house and around people a little more. I'm planning to go home to CA for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to that. Aside from my job and school, I do a little volunteer work and they takes up the majority of my time. I've been trying to stay as busy as possible while DH is gone.

I'm sure that it will work out and if for some reason a dog isn't compatible in your home, I'm sure they can place you with a different one. I'd have a really hard time separating my emotions as well, but if you can that's so great of you to help a dog in need. My dog is actually in foster care right now under special circumstances I won't get into at the moment (I posted a thread which blew up) but anyways, the woman fostering her drove from here to Bragg to pick up a deployed soldiers dog. He had left it in the care of a friend who turned it over to the shelter and said it was aggressive. The dog was going to be put down so she drove straight there to get him and said he didn't have an aggressive bone in his body. The organization is called Guardians Angels. Its all over, so it might be something to look into. They place deployed soldiers dogs in foster homes for the duration of their deployment.

We were at Fort Lewis previously. DH wanted to re-enlist for Bragg but there weren't any available slots at the time, so we chose Campbell. Honestly, I hate it here. I'm sure it could be a lot worse, but it just seems like neither myself or DH has made many friends yet, the town is really small and there's really not a lot to do here (especially since we don't have any kids yet) and we're so far from home. We've got at least another year or 2 here, but DH is already considering options for our next PCS. It seems that people here either love it or hate it... and the people who love it are usually from here originally, or have family close by.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It's good you stay so busy!! I bet getting out to campus classes will be nice, get some people interaction. What kind of volunteering do you do? Where in CA are you from? DH is from Stockton and has a lot of family scattered around Santa Cruz.

Wow that is so nice of her! Also, I'm sure if you put your pup in foster care you had a good reason . That sounds like a really awesome organization, if we decide to foster I'm definitely going to look in to that!

I'm sorry you guys aren't loving it there. Can I ask how long you've been there? We were at Drum for a year and I didn't really make any friends, then it took almost a year here for me to make friends, but the friends I have made are really really good ones. Moving around a lot can make settling into a group of people you click with hard. How did you like Lewis? Where are you guys hoping to go next?

How has your week been going? Any exciting weekend plans?
  8. Senior Member
    I'm volunteering with Operation Homefront this week and next, helping out with the Holiday House, where military families in need can come pick out toys for their children for Christmas. We got a lot of awesome donations this year and its so rewarding to see how appreciative most of the families are.

I'm from Santa Barbara and DH is from Los Angeles. I miss it so much. I'm looking forward to visiting in a few weeks.

The organization is so great and I cannot put into words how grateful we are for her to foster our baby girl. She is the coordinator for the entire southeastern region of the organization, so if you do decide you may like to foster with them, let me know and I can get you in contact with her. She just drove out to fort bragg several weeks ago to rescue a soldiers dog from a shelter where he was going to be put down. The soldier had left the dog in the care of a friend who dropped it at the shelter, it was so sad. I'm glad that she was able to help rescue his dog and return it to his family.

We've been here just over a year. We hated Lewis when we were there, but after coming here, realized it wasn't so bad. Now DH wants to find a way back. We'll probably try and get sent there again when its time for his next re-enlistment. I think we just got in with the wrong crowd when we moved here, which really stinks because those are all the people DH works with. I'm starting to make friends with some really sweet girls from other units, but I wish that DH had friends within his unit because it breaks my heart when he calls and talks about how he isn't getting along with the guys during deployment and doesn't feel he has any close friends he can talk to while he's gone.

No big plans for the weekend here, just cramming for finals

How about you?
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wow it sounds like you are staying really busy! That is great! That also sounds like a really amazing program, if we decide to foster I am definitely going to take you up on getting that information! I wold love to be able to do that for someone.

Sometimes it's nice to have friends from different units, I met my two good friends at Bragg on this site actually . I'm soirry that your DH doesn't have any close friends over there to talk with, I'm sure that's hard for you on the home side, I know I feel awful when DH feeling down over there and can't fix it. I am glad you are making friends though!! It's nice to just have people to meet up with and talk to.

How's the studying going? How's your weekend been?

I didn't do to much, I had a friend over last night and she brought some cookies and we watched Despicable Me, because ya know, we are super mature adults like that .
  10. Senior Member
    Are you kidding? Despicable me is awesome.

I had what seemed like a really long weekend but I stayed busy and got a lot done. I'm having a kinda rough night tonight though. I had one of my finals due tonight, which was a paper that had to be submitted online before midnight. DH hasn't been able to call in a while and I was super excited that he called tonight... on Skype. For the very first time this deployment. I was :jumpforjoy ...until 2 minutes later when the storm outside knocked out my internet connection. When did it come back on? 3 minutes after the deadline for the assignment. I emailed my teacher my essay so its timestamped like 5 minutes late, I'm hoping she will still accept it, but I'm worried that she wont because she already made an exception for me to take the midterm a few days late. I feel like such a horrible student, but it really wasn't an excuse. So not only am I that I don't fail the class because its my final... but I'm about the Skype call with DH too.

Good news is, regardless of the outcome... I'm done with that class. One more final to go & then I fly home to see my family the following week! for christmas break! Will you be going anywhere for the holidays?

How was your weekend?

P.S. I love your siggy pic. You make such a cute couple!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast