Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the_lepus & LittleBlueFishie December Deployment Pals!

1. ...

Jump for Joy the_lepus & LittleBlueFishie December Deployment Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver

3. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  4. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Fancy seeing you here! How are ya?

5. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Im doing good! Trying to kick some deployment butt! We're on the downhill slope so I try to get pumped up by that all the time

And I just saw that you can pretty much not be here anymore!!!!!!

He's on his way home, that is amazing! That wasn't as far out as you thought, right? I am so excited for you. I was so excited for November to hit b/c you said that was when you'd get excited, but then everything happened. Are you going to be able to be there for his return? I really hope it works out w/ your exams and everything. Regardless, he will be home, you can sing him Christmas carols and have the best Christmas ever!!! Im so excited for you!

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
  6. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Thanks!! Yes, we're hoping he will be home after all of my exams! I finished one class today, so that's one down! I actaully wasn't planning on him being home for the holidays, but I guess they changed their minds They extended his deployment by a little less than a month. I am just so ready to have him home. I also found another photographer, so the homecoming pictures are back in the agenda. Everything seems to be falling into place, I just hope it stays this way! DB is in good spirits, which helps both of us stay positive! He's a little worried about Christmas shopping, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it

For being on the downward slope!! That is such a huge accomplishment during deployment. How are you doing? And how's the hubs?

7. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Im doing good! I feel like this deployment has been throwing everything it can at us, a lot of sad/stressful/scary/lonely times. But, we are really fighting to stay focused on the good and know that this is it for our military separations, and hopefully separations ever. When I look at everything that has happened in our 3+ months I am genuinely shocked so much bad can happen in such a short amount of time! But even with all the craziness, things are still good, we're stronger than ever

He is doing pretty good. Today he was in a much better mood than he has been in weeks. We are starting to plan our big trip, putting dates together, places we're going and for how long, ect. It is pretty exciting! I think that is a lot of the reason for the good mood .

Im glad you dont have the stress of the exams and homecoming all at once. I know it would be so hard to have to miss homecoming, that would be such a hard decision. I cant wait to see your pictures! I went to my friend's homecoming and took pictures, it was the BEST thing ever! I loved her homecoming, it was so exciting being there with everyone. Ours wont be like that, DH will prob be alone when he gets home, but I know it'll still be amazing. I've seen ship homecomings on tv and they look SO cool! Very ceremonious and special.

Adventures In Love
  8. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Well, DB's homecoming will be outside of his barracks. Classy, I know. They'll just get off the bus and be released I guess. I have no clue. I'm actually really nervous that I won't be able to find him. They all look the same in their uniform! I remember when I was waiting for him in DC and I kept thinking I saw him, but it was just random Marines. They were all in uniform and I was like "There he is!...oh, never mind. There he is! Nope."

I'm glad you guys are planning your trip in more detail! That's so exciting! You guys have both been through a lot over the last couple months. I'm so impressed with how well you've been handling it. Go you!

9. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Thanks, I dont feel like I've been the best at handling it, I just try to do my best day by day and take it as it comes

That is really funny it is just outside of the barracks! DH came home one time from a very long training, I hadnt seen him in a couple months and it was like that. Plus none of the guys had cut their hair in that time and their ACU's were all grungy and dirty. They all looked pretty rough. DH's friend actually saw me and told him, "hey, I think someone is here for you!" It was a cute story actually, DH was out in the field, only contact was a letter every week. In one letter he told me I could send him letters and gave me instructions on how to do it. I followed the instructions but they were wrong, so the letters never got to him (I only sent 1 a week per his request). I didn't know he wasnt getting them for a few weeks, then a week or two after he was coming home. So, he thought I'd peaced out on our relationship and had put together a plan to try to get me back, and told his friends about it. So when his friend saw me he was so excited and DH was so surprised. We had only been dating 8-9 months, 6 when he left so he was really worried!

I've seen people use cute balloons as a "come find me" tool. They tell their SO what it will be before they get home so the SO knows what to look for. Just an idea . At least with it being at the barracks they make it convenient- well, wait, do they even keep a barracks room while deployed? I dont think DH did.

I hope you're having a great day! What are you up to this weekend?

Adventures In Love
  10. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    That is an adorable story! I bet he was so happy and relieved to see you there!

DB said not to bring balloons He never lets me have fun. Well, they're assigned new barracks and roommates before they come home so they technically have barracks. Just not the same ones as before.

This weekend I'm going to visit my friend on Saturday. Her baby passed away Monday The memorial service is Sunday, but I want a chance to talk to her one on one. Before I visit her, I want to get some holiday shopping done. I need to wrap DB's presents. I ordered his last present last night and I really hope he likes it!! How about you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast