Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: danik & LittleBlueFishie November Deployment Pals!

1. ...

Hello danik & LittleBlueFishie November Deployment Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your new pal!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hi! You're my first official deployment pal! How are you doing?

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  3. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Aww . Is this your first month or just first time in DD pals?

Happy Saturday! I had a great day. Now I'm waiting for DH to call and watching tv. I'm totally pooped from the day! I wanted to clean tonight but I think I'm parked on the couch now. What are you up to?

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I've been mostly an MSOS addict today. My butt seriously hurts from sitting at my computer I need a laptop
    I left the house once today in search of Chipotle but I left my phone at home (my gps) and wound up settling for Taco Time. Burrito fail.

I'm glad you had a great day!! What did you do? This isn't my first month. I actually did have another DD pal for a minute a couple months ago. I don't know what happened, but she stopped talking to me Then last month I spent most of the month in Ohio so I just waited to try again this month!
    It's exciting that you're expecting a call How long has your DH been gone?

― Nelson Mandela
  5. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Well, I think this will be a better DD pal, I'm pretty easy going and love to talk!

I went to a funeral service in the morning. Not "fun" but I was honored to pay his family my respects. Then I had lunch and a run with a friend, then met another for tea/coffe. It was all a lot of fun! I did miss yoga, that was one thing I was really hoping to do but I ran out of time.

DH has been gone around 2 months and we have around 4 more to go. He is actually coming home to ETS. I am quite happy about it! We are incredibly lucky, we get to talk pretty routinely and often, unless there is an Internet issue or I'm really busy. How about you?

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Wow! You are one busy lady!
    I'm sorry you had a funeral to attend, but I'm glad you got to spend time with friends too
    I don't know anyone out here, so I pretty much have nothing to do. I just had an interview last week though, and they called yesterday to set up my drug test for Monday, so I guess I got the job! I'll be full time while I'm training, then after a few months I'll go to part time, so that should work out pretty perfectly. DH has been gone about the same and comes home about the same! We also are very fortunate with communication. He doesn't get internet in his room, but he goes to the (USO?) building and calls me almost every day. Does ETS mean he's done after this? If so,
    I'm still learning some of the terms!
    Yeah-the one girl that was my pal just kind of disappeared. She stopped talking to me and I never saw her on here again. I pm'd her because I just wanted to know she was ok. It was alright if she didn't want to talk to me, but I was just worried about her. But she never got back to me-? I still wonder what happened to her. I'm pretty sure she got my message. Hopefully things are ok for her.
    I talked to DH for a long time today. He just started his mandatory time off. Even though it's a "short" deployment so he doesn't really get R&R. He's using the time to design an engagement ring for me. I'm really excited to see what he comes up with! He had mentioned topaz and black diamonds, but I don't know what he'll decide on. I told him I'd love anything he came up with

― Nelson Mandela
  7. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by danik View Post
    Wow! You are one busy lady!
    I'm sorry you had a funeral to attend, but I'm glad you got to spend time with friends too
    I don't know anyone out here, so I pretty much have nothing to do. I just had an interview last week though, and they called yesterday to set up my drug test for Monday, so I guess I got the job! I'll be full time while I'm training, then after a few months I'll go to part time, so that should work out pretty perfectly. DH has been gone about the same and comes home about the same! We also are very fortunate with communication. He doesn't get internet in his room, but he goes to the (USO?) building and calls me almost every day. Does ETS mean he's done after this? If so,
    I'm still learning some of the terms!
    Yeah-the one girl that was my pal just kind of disappeared. She stopped talking to me and I never saw her on here again. I pm'd her because I just wanted to know she was ok. It was alright if she didn't want to talk to me, but I was just worried about her. But she never got back to me-? I still wonder what happened to her. I'm pretty sure she got my message. Hopefully things are ok for her.
    I talked to DH for a long time today. He just started his mandatory time off. Even though it's a "short" deployment so he doesn't really get R&R. He's using the time to design an engagement ring for me. I'm really excited to see what he comes up with! He had mentioned topaz and black diamonds, but I don't know what he'll decide on. I told him I'd love anything he came up with
    Mandatory time off!? I've never heard of this. Tell me more! DH hasn't had a single day off and he isn't expecting to get one .

Yes, ETS means he is getting out. I have been waiting for this since we got serious, this lifestyle is really hard on me. He's really excited to get out too.

So are you getting a new engagement ring or a late one or are you guys married but waiting for a big wedding? I never know! We are married with only a dog-kid. We got married earlier this year! I'm really excited for our anniversary, we should be able to celebrate it together

Adventures In Love
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yeah-he has to take a few days off of work. He's not happy about it because he can't see his friends or anything while he's off. I think he feels like he's grounded He's not really allowed to go anywhere.
    DH's original plan was to do this contract then probably get out. But it's looking now like he's going to make a career out of this. He told me about a school he's probably going to when he gets back. The fun never ends!
    I'm happy though. If he found something he likes doing and he wants to go through more schooling and further himself in it, then that's good. I told him I can't talk about it now though. I just want to think about him being home. In the last 12 months, I've only seen him for 2 and won't see him for several more. I need a break for real.
    This is a late engagement ring. We kind of skipped the whole engagement and just got married. We hardly even told anyone that we were doing it. We had been living together before he joined, back in Ohio where we grew up. This was a huge move and we didn't want to be separated. So, when he was on leave from AIT we just did a JOP. We want a ceremony eventually, for the families. We were going to do it this coming summer on our anniversary, but funds are kind of tight. We'll probably wait another year.
    Congrats on your marriage too! We got married in June so I hope we can spend our anniversary together too!
    We just have two fur-kids too: a kitten we just got about a month ago and a cat I've had for a few years. We've been talking about kids lately. I wanted to have one in 2015 but I think DH wants to wait until 2016. He said he wants me to himself for a while and give us time to travel and work on other goals.

― Nelson Mandela
  9. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    You guys have had quite the year!! That sounds like so much to go through! I hope you guys get a break when he gets back! I'm honesty so happy that we're done after this. The Army has given us a lot of craziness in the 3 years we've been together!

How was your day? Mine was great! I was really lazy this morning which was awesome! I got a lot of sleep in! Then I lounged in bed for a little bit. I got up around 10 and did some cleaning, then talked to DH for a while until my friend got here. Then we went for an 8 mile bike ride to prepare for a race we're doing next weekend, it was great, a really nice ride. I feel good about next weekend after that. Then I walked the dog, hurried to yoga, went to the grocery store and another friend came over to make cookies and hang out. So I'll be sending DH a care package really soon with cookies! I'm so tired now lol, I'm ready to crash!!

Do you have any big plans for the week?

Adventures In Love
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You did a lot of fun stuff today! I cleaned and went grocery shopping and picked up a few things for DH's next cp. I need to make cookies this week too. My brother asked for some for his birthday and DH has been talking about them too. He doesn't want them because he's on a health kick, but he does really because they're cookies
    This week I have to go get my drug test done tomorrow and get some stuff together for HR. Then I get to pick my new TV up
    My in-laws bought us a 42" flatscreen as an early Christmas present. We couldn't find anyone to insure our plasma TV to ship it out here. Which sucks because I loved it. It was a 65" Pioneer and I just had the power supply fixed before we moved. But oh well. I haven't had a working TV for almost a year so I'm excited Also, DH said he sent me a present on Oct. 15 so I'm hoping that comes this week.

That's cool that you're doing a race soon! What is the race? It's great that you have friends with so many similar interests
    I'm excited for you that your DH is almost done. What are your plans then? I think we're going to be doing this military thing for a long time still. I'm trying to get excited about it. There are benefits. I feel like we'll never have to worry about health insurance or having a place to live. And hopefully we'll get to move to some cool places. DH seems to dread moving, but I think it's what I look forward to most. I want to spend time in a lot of different places. It makes life interesting.

I've been sitting here trying to figure out how I can buy DH's Christmas present without going through our bank account. It's hard to be sneaky when you're married I'm wondering if our bank will cash a check and put it on a Visa giftcard that I can use to buy it.. Hmmm.

― Nelson Mandela
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast