Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stephaa2430 & Amanduh November Deployment Pals!

1. ...

Hello stephaa2430 & Amanduh November Deployment Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your new pal!
  2. Senior Member
    Hello!

How is your weekend?
  3. Senior Member
    My weekend has been pretty good. My sister in law came down for a visit so I got to spend some time with her. It just started raining, so that's a downer haha, I hate rain! But just greatful I did not have to experience the kind of storm NJ and NY did. It's so sad. I feel horrible that I am not there with my family and friends through this time, but I am greatful because I don't think I would be able to handle the devestation, I would be pyscho ya know? ANYWAYS! How has your weekend been?!
    just keep swimming
  4. Senior Member
    My weekend was pretty chill. I thought I was going to go visit my family, but I decided I didn't want to drive the 3.5 hours to visit... So I just stayed home and cleaned, cooked, did laundry and watched football...just the normal weekend stuff. SOO exciting! Haha.

Where your family and friends effected by Sandy? Some of the pictures were just devastating
  5. Senior Member
    That sounds super exciting! I did the same! . Yes my family got hit hard by Sandy. They are in the Keansburg/Port Monmouth/Union Beach/Keyport/Seaside area of Jersey, they got hit the worse..My parents, thank God, only lost power and still are without it. My aunt lost her house and four cars and my uncle owns a restaurant back home and it is destroyed. The rest of my family is fine and like my parents, they only had problems with the power. Everyone now has power except my parents. It is just crazy. and yes the pictures are devestating. Its hard to look at my home town like that. With me not being there and actual being apart of it, it doesn't feel real ya know?
    just keep swimming
  6. Senior Member
    Oh know that sounds terrible!! I am glad that at least everyone is okay. You can always replace things, you can never replace people.

How are you handling this deployment? Maybe because Dh and I were long distance for the majority of our relationship it just feels like an extended period of LD. It only really stinks when I stop to think how far we have come/how far we have to go. And the communication aspect..that is annoying, we are lucky because DH's job allows him access to a computer on a daily basis, but they have strict rules about phones (only 15 minutes once a week) and the skype is non-existent.
  7. Senior Member
    I feel the same way as far as being apart. Dh has been in the navy for a year on November 15th and in that year we have been together for about a month. We have been apart so much that's we are just so used to it. We never really get to talk on the phone we do get to Skype whenever they are at port but the video kills out connection so we loose the call so we just turn our video off and talk that way lol. It's coming to end soon and I just hope this year we get to be together longer than a month here's hoping!!
    just keep swimming
  8. Senior Member
    How have you been holding up? And dealing with deployment?
    just keep swimming
  9. Senior Member
    About how much longer do you have? That is surprising that they shipped him out soon after he got out of training! DH has been in for about 2.5 years and the first year was mostly training.

But I understand, DH and I got married in April and we have been together for one month. It wasn't planned that way either, the deployment dates got changed and we were lucky he was around for the wedding! We have been together for a little over 4 years and the entire time he was in the Navy we have been long distance. Luckily we were blessed to be able to visit each other just about every month over a long weekend.

This deployment is going okay, after we got married I moved with DH and telecommuted from my job in OK.. after he deployed I moved back "home" and have continued my job. Which has been good for my career...I have a busy job so I focus on that and it helps me with DH being gone. I also have a puppy dog who keeps me company and gives me a purpose when I go home. Making care packages also helps me focus my attention on something. Because we haven't really lived together, I am preparing for homecoming by drooling over furniture that I want to buy for our apartment when he gets home. lol
  10. Senior Member
    I have been looking at paint to paint our place! He will freak haha! Dh left for basic November 15th, we saw each other in January for one day for graduation then right from there he went to California for school. Its too expensive to fly from Jersey to Cali and at the time I was still in school and working so it just didn't work out so we didn't see each other till April when he graduated A-school. I spent my time from January to April planning our wedding, and we got married April 20th. He was home for 14 days for the wedding and honeymoon then he was off to VA he was in VA for two weeks when I got the call that he was deploying in July. I drove down to see him Memorial Day weekend, and decided I was going to move down with him so at least we got some time together before deployment. I had to finish my last semester at school and give notice at my job so I didn't move down to VA till June 15th we were together from june15th to July 10th, and then he was gone for deployment. We have a couple of weeks left to go. It wasn't a super long deployment THANK GOD! I just hope this year we will spend some more time together, rather than apart like this past year! Here's hoping!! & I also have a puppy keeping me compant and KEEPING ME BUSY! . Dh got me a pure bred lab he was 6 weeks old when we got him. Dh decided that was the best gift pre-deployment because he knew he would keep my going, and he sure has!
    just keep swimming
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast