Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: theresa913 & mlc311 October Deployment Pals

1. ...

Jump for Joy theresa913 & mlc311 October Deployment Pals

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Senior Member
    How are you!?? I can't wait to chat with you during this month of October, getting ready for your favorite holiday!! Yay! How are you doing this Wednesday?
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey deployment pal! So excited to "meet" you! I am Starting off a busy day at my internship...administering NECAP tests to 7h graders...fun fun fun. I am excited for Halloween...I can't wait to decorate the house and make yummy baked goods. Also watching hocus pocus is a yearly necessity!

What are you up to today?
  4. Senior Member
    Hey!!

So this is your second deployment? Is it easier, harder, or different than the first?

Today I worked at my job that I have to change, but I think I have to wait until Terry is closer to coming home for that. And then I came home and I am going to force myself to do a few other odds and ends things and then hopefully I will go to bed early! Wow, pretty lame huh? What about you?
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think it's easier actually. Harder because now we are married and closer than err so I do miss him much more. but easier because I am so super busy wih school and work, and he is much busier on this deployment, so time is flying by much faster. We onky get to talk once a week but I think that is also making it go by faster. Last deployment he had Internet access in his room so it almost seemed like talkin so much made time drag on.

What number deployment is this for you?

I have been turning in SUPER early all week too! I think this weather and he season change is a super hard and tiring time of year. Sadly I have to work til midnight tonight. Not looking forward to it much. I'd rather be asleep!

Right now I'm sitting in the yard with our dogs before the rain starts back up. Been majorly cleaning the house all week. Hard to believe we've been here a year cuz its still a mess!
  6. Senior Member
    I'm glad this one is easier for you! This is our first deployment and his third. We talk everyday for the most part and sometimes it doesn't even seem like he is gone. He was always on multiple trainings every month so sometimes, I know it sounds bad, it doesn't seem like he has been gone all that long!! Does that even make sense??

Whew why were you working until midnight? Oh my! I would be spent for sure!

I love rainy weather! Not when it's freezing cold, but any other time, it is my favorite. By far. What kind of dogs do you have? They are pretty in your pictures! I moved in in May and there is still crap everywhere! He bought the house a year ago and he actually moved everything in, but he's a dude so he doesn't count
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think it depends on the deployment for sure...last time he was SO bored and depressed over there because they weren't doing much other than constant patrols of the base and I think it really just made him miserable. So talking everyday just kept reminding him how bored he was and me how miserable he was, if that makes sense, so it seemed to drag. This time waiting for that weekly phone call has (so far) made the weeks fly by...not that I wish time away but having it go by quickly and effortlessly is nice. It is so awesome that you get to talk almost every day though! I get what you mean about it not seeming like they've been gone that long. Some days it seems like that and others it seems like it's been even longer! I do miss just getting little daily texts and such...but I got a nice present in the mail today..I'll post pictures in a thread later, it was a nice bracelet and a center piece made of wood...not sure where he picked it up but I loved getting something in the mail!

I work for my grad assistantship at the college gym...I LOVE my job, but the late nights once or twice a week are brutal...I am not a night owl at all! I am at work now too, and get to teach ballet fitness in a little bit, I love dance and miss dancing in a studio, but at least teaching it gives me the excuse to not give it up!

What is the job that you were talking about changing soon?

I can't stand the rain...it is so sunny and nice out today I wish I wasn't stuck inside! My pups are enjoying it though in the yard because my aunt is visitng and staying with them today. We have a little pitbull and a pit/hound/lab mix. We foster a third sometimes for a rescue organiziation, but not while DH is deployed...that would be WAY too stressful!

Scary thing of the day...there were 6 hornets in my living room! I dont know where they came from and I am freaking out!
  8. Senior Member
    That makes sense to me-I'm glad these weeks are whizzing by for you! I know what you mean-I don't want to wish my life away but my life is never truly complete without him here so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place You know what I mean!

I'll have to go stalk your other thread for pictures!! He just sent you a gift for no reason? He sounds pretty wonderful! I'm so happy-I bet it made your week!

Oh wow you teach at your gym? That's so cool! I just started going back to the gym again-I used to be really good at going to the gym, like really! But then I met Terry...so I'm trying to become healthier again, especially now that I have the time!

So I hope to leave the job where I am now. It's too demanding and I have no support from my supervisors. They are awful to so many of their employees!! Mocking people who went on maternity leave even. It's awful, I'm telling you! But it's hard because it's a very reputable place and people are always so enthusiastic about it. I will miss that but it's not worth the nonsense!

Aw I want a pit bull or a golden retriever! Such good dogs huh? Oh my what is up with those hornets!! Do you have a hole somewhere? Stay safe!!!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's weird because you want to be happy and live your life, but you just are so much happier when they are home!

I teach ballet and yoga, it's fun but some days you just want some time off...so glad classes were cancelled for columbus day!

Ugh those supervisors sound horrible. It can be a great job, but with the wrong people working there it can be horrible!

Pit bulls are wonderful dogs. They really have a bad rap but mostly are great. The one I have now was a fighting ring bait dog rescue though, so she does have a lot of issues and has to wear a muzzle when we're out since she will bite out of fear. However I had another pit who was two times her size and was the sweetest thing ever. It really depends on the individual dog!
  10. Senior Member
    Aw your poor puppy!! That's horrible what people do to animals-I really don't get it at all. Even when my patients are driving me INSANE I couldn't imagine treating them with anything but kindness. I know children and dogs are different, but they are kind of the same I was away this weekend with Terry's parents and they have a new puppy, maybe 7 months old? It's so funny-I can't knock them for how they train their dog, but it was driving me crazy! They would yell at it then let it get away with the same thing a second later. I don't know how you are with dogs but my Dad was really good at training our dog and it was so visible in how well behaved she was. I also hate when people give dog people food-I know, it's just how I was raised, but if I ever get a dog, I will kick people if they do it! How do you feel about that? Happy Monday!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast