Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: theresa913 & mlc311 October Deployment Pals

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Poor Eric...or poor me...or both...everything has been a crisis this week! So in addition to changing the locks, I also was without heat and had to have a plumber and oil person come during the big blizzard to fix the furnace! Then because we have been dealing with a mouse problem and because our kitchen is just old and outdated and was pissing me off...I took a sledgehammer to it and have completed gotten caught up in demolition! I am getting estimates for renovating the whole thing! Poor Eric just keeps seeing pictures of walls getting taken down and cabinets getting smashed ... lol. But he is excited...we finally got to talk about it today and he seems glad that it'll be getting done. I dont think he wanted to admit it and I didn't want to question him on it...but I really had some doubts about us redoing it ourselves this summer so I'm glad we'll be having professional help instead.

I can't believe some people arent pulling their weight over there! Poor Terry! Eric would be so mad! Eric seems overwhelmed...they've been super busy over there and he just cant wait to come home. I like your pep talk to him! Debbie downer haha, I'm sure he liked that. We are almost there...I cannot wait til spring. Seriously this blizzard is making me soooo upset. Being snowed in sucks.

It's a very light blue we have for the spare room. I wish I would have gone with the nice grey colors for our bedroom...I like the lavendar I picked, but I think the more light lavender with grey tones would have looked better. I get caught up in bright colors lol...living room is light orange, hallway is yellow, dining room is green, bedroom is purple... haha. Eric is going to be like did a rainbow throw up in here?
  2. Senior Member
    You poor thing!!! I am so sorry you were without heat during a really cold time-were you ok?? I'm glad that you are getting that kitchen redone too. You're right, sometimes throwing in the towel and getting some extra help is needed. And it will be really nice this summer when you can have a cooking adventure in your new kitchen versus trying to renovate it yourselves!

Is the snow gone now? I wish we could have taken some of your snow! I hate when it's a bitter cold winter and there is nothing to show for it. If it's going to be winter and it's going to be cold, snow gosh darnit!! We are supposed to get some tonight (some means about an inch ) but I really would like to see a little coverage!

Hahah I like all your colors!! In summer it will catch the light and in winter it will cheer you up! Like I said, I picked grey grey grey and I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me. I'm hoping that will give me a nice palatte (I never know how to spell that word since I'm a speech therapist and I work with palates everyday haha) to start decorating off of.

Sorry I really don't seem to be on here as much! I come on to write to you and that's about it (and it's a pleasure, not a hassle don't worry!!). I will always write back though I promise!!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Luckily we got the heat fixed that morning! Thank goodness! I am waiting to hear back on the kitchen quote, but while the contractor was here they noticed that our living room support beam looks like it isn't doing it's job because there is a crack in the wall...that might take up the budget we were gonig to use on the kitchen Oh well, it was at least good ammunition for the fight E and I had this week about him wanting to buy a truck AND another sports car when he gets home. I was like, Honey, our house is FALLING APART aruond us, you do NOT need a second sports car...then I listed all of the other expenses we've incurred while he's gone that I just haven't gone over with him. He was mopey about it, but I think I finally got through to him. Ughhh MEN!!! WHY do you need TWO sports cars and a truck?!?! I'm happy with just my one sensible Honda. Ok, sorry, rant over!!

The snow was leaving but we are getting more today I cannot wait to move south someday haha.

I think the greys will work nicely...that's always what they do on the HGTV shows haha! I feel like the big trend now is to do different greys on the walls and just add pops of color with furniture, art, rugs, accent walls, etc. I like it! I have to see pictures when you're done!

I basically only come on here to write with my deployment pals anymore too haha! Too much drama and juvenile stuff on most of the other forum categories in my opinion.
  4. Senior Member
    Hahahah you're funny-but I totally get you about the men and their craziness!! Terry is talking about buying a boat (yeah ok) and seriously talking about getting a hot tub. He has been talking about it for awhile now and just last night he was wondering how he much it would cost to run electricty to an outside outlet up there. I vaguely remember him telling me to go up and look tonight, but I was half asleep since he called me in the wee hours of the morning!!! It's ok, I wouldn't give that up, but he is crazy!! I'm sorry you may not get the kitchen as soon as you wanted to. That's always a bummer. I majorly budgeted everything out last night (like to the penny, which you know is even more anal than I usually am) and realized that I will probably be spending more when DB comes home, even though I thought it would be less since we would be splitting things. Oh welll!

You guys have been getting so much snow!! Please send some our way!! I want just a little this winter before it's over!!

I'll have to post pictures because the main floor is like 90% done!! There is a lot of touching up to do but that should be easy. Just time consuming, that's all. The pop of color is awesome-I love it. I can't even remember what the house looked like before!!

Yeah, I am coming on here less and less. I think I really needed this site BEFORE Terry left and a little at the beginning, but now I'm relying less and less on fake friendships (ha that amazingly sounds snotty). But I do enjoy corresponding with you!!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Boys are expensive! Haha. I feel like I spend more when Eric is home too...we tend to need more groceries, and we do more weekend trips and lots more house projects and such, so we spend more in general. Oh goodness a boat and a hot tub...sounds like something E would think of! I have recruited his friend to help me tear down the wood shed he built and get rid of the rest of the wood he had chopped. One of his ideas that we would get a wood stove that never went through with...now it's just an eye sore! I gave most of the wood away to a needy family in the unit this winter and now I want to get rid of the shed so he doesnt have an excuse to buy more haha! I'm going to put a garden there and if he asks about it I'll be like oh no...that was never there...what do you mean? You must be going nuts... haha.

Come up here and you can have our next storm...I'll switch you places haha. I'm hoping we keep our nice spring weather now and dont get any more storms though!

I can't wait to see all the work you've done! I have posted some updated house projects on my blog...its in my signature. I find myself getting annoyed with a lot of the drama on here too..I do like the deployment pals, but you are definitely the one I've kept in most contact with and actually can relate to! How soon til homecoming for you? We are under 99 days now Double digits!!!
  6. Senior Member
    HAHAHh I love your story about the wood shed-that made me laugh out loud!! That's so funny, how we manipulate situations like that but only because it is in the best interest of our men (even if they don't know it!). I have given away so many of Terry's sheets, towels (oh my gosh so gross) and shirts and I'm thinking he won't even remember but if he does I'll just be like hmmm I'm not sure!!! Hopefully he won't even care once he wraps himself up in a towel that has no holes, is an adequate length and is all one color!!

OH MY GOSH you are in double digits?? I just got goosebumps!!! I'm so SO excited for you!! I think we are around 50-60ish. We don't have a date so that's just a guess but it really looks like May is still the month!! I asked Terry the other day who he wants at the airport to get him: just me, me and my family and his family? Who? He said: I plan on taking a cab home so that way when you get home from work it will be a surprise and I'll just be home cooking dinner. Um, no. I told him that I do not want that. I said that not only do I want the romantic exciting wait for you at the airport, but I couldn't bear going to work everyday in May not knowing if you were home or not. It would drive me insane!!! He just kind of laughed it off and said "We will see..." I was like, if you were going to surprise me on leave or something, maybe. But this isn't a surprise since I kind of know when you're back in the States and therefore, when you'll be back in MD, and I don't want you getting off the plane by yourself and hailing a cab!! Do you think I'm crazy? I let it sit for a day because I have found that that really works for him. Then I asked him last night WHY he wants to do things that way and he was like, well I just figured you'd be at work. I was like, Terry. I will take the day off, I will call in sick for all I care! Please let me be there! And he was like, ok that's fine. Oh my I'm so stressed about the craziest things ahaha. Come home already!!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Haha...so glad I'm not the only one who does things for E's own good behind his back lol! You reminded me I need to conveniently lose some of the shirts he wears every single day just because he is used to them when he's home...I've been meaning to do that for a while now. His friends are gonna help with the woodshed and I'm just going to make up the excuse that an exterminator told us it probably contributed to us having mice. I think that's a good excuse anyway!

Yeah we are still in the 80-90s probably, but still, it's less than 100!!! June has been the month since the beginning but if it gets pushed earlier I would be SO happy. OMG I would KILL Eric if he did that to me! Getting to have a countdown and anticipation of going and picking them up is like the best part! Grrrrrrr....that would make me so mad!!! It's funny that later he changed his mind and wasn't thinking clearly...I feel like they get so out of touch with how things are at home and focus on the weirdest things...like in his mind, you would be at work and he couldn't even think that you'd be able to call off or that you'd want to call off! I think that military mindset where they always have to just do the mission and dont get to make decisions like that for themselves makes them start to think everyone's job is like that...if that makes sense?

this week I was getting frustrated with Eric cuz he keeps bitching about his car and how I am not taking care of it while he's gone and he's even talking to my roommate about it trying to get her in on bugging me about it. I feel like he's in total officer mode...like he gave the command and why isn't it getting taken care of???!!!! I'm like listen, everyone here has their own thing going on....your friends haevn't been able to help out, I dont know shit about cars, and it's been snowing!!!! I can't let myself get upset because I was like ok, I think he's just in that mindset over there where he gives an order and it just HAPPENS and everyone falls into place. I can see how that is frustrating then when the same doesn't apply at home. Well, he's going to have a rude awakening when he remembers who is the top-ranking official in this house haha. But for now, I need to just humor him and take some steps to get the car in working order. Sorry....that turned into a vent!!! I just was so frustrated that he keeps bugging me about it when I have zero time and I'm trying to keep my OWN car functioning haha.

I can't wait to start planning for homecoming...is it bad that I'm on pinterest all the time looking at homecoming photos and ideas for outfits and such? I'm trying to focus on little milestones in March and April so I dont just focus on May and June and have time drag on.

How is your week? This week went by fast for me! I'm going to get a long run on the treadmill today and I cleaned a lot around the house this morning. I have to pack up our whole living room for the contractors to start work next week...I feel like we're moving again...so stressful!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789