Thread: KimberlyJ & roxieluvs October Deployment Pals

1. ...

Jump for Joy KimberlyJ & roxieluvs October Deployment Pals

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Senior Member
    Hi, how are you doing?
  3. Senior Member
    Hi! Happy October! I am doing well, it's already Wednesday, which means it's almost the weekend! How are you?

You have a super cute puppy!
  4. Senior Member
    I am so glad its October, 1 more month down for everyone on the DD Crew!

I'm doing well, thanks. I'm also looking forward to the weekend, its been a long week here and I'm ready to have a little down time. I think I'll be visiting the pumpkin patch with the girl I live with and her 2 kids. I love fall season. Any plans for the weekend for you?

Thanks! His name is Doja. I got him for DH as a homecoming present last deployment. The litter was due on his birthday, but they came 3 days early. I brought him home at 8 weeks and got a head start on training before DH got home and they first met at the homecoming ceremony. DH is and tells everyone he's our first born. He even wished himself a happy fathers day this year (& we don't have kids yet!)
  5. Senior Member
    This month will fly by!

This weekend I have no big plans, I usually go over to my sister's once on the weekend. She, her husband, and I sit around and watch episodes of Star Trek and make fun of them in a loving way. Pretty silly but fun for us! And I get to play with her kiddos. Pumpkin patch sounds really fun!! Do you have any family near you?

OMG your DH is so cute! I love that he loves your puppy so much! Sean is really big on dogs, and I am definitely more of a kid person than animals, but they grow on me

I'm Becca by the way!
  6. Senior Member
    That's great that you have family close by. DH & I are both originally from CA so all our family is back on the west coast. I'm at Fort Campbell which straddles the KY/TN line and its the furthest I've ever been from home. We're both hoping to find a way to go somewhere closer, but he has another 3 years before he can re-up because he just did a year ago which is how we ended up here.

I have the worst baby fever right now. We were trying to get before the deployment, but it just didn't happen. Its probably for the best though, deployment on its own has been more than enough stress and I'm not sure how I would've handled it if I had. I know it will happen when the time is right.

I'm Kimberly, but I'm sure that was already obvious from my username lol
  7. Senior Member
    My parents live in San Diego, so I go to CA on my breaks, which is nice! Are people nice out where you are stationed? I lived in Omaha for a year and the midwest people were extremely friendly. Is your DH going to do the 20 years?

I'm sorry about the baby fever! You probably are right, it will be better/easier when you don't have to worry about being pregnant and being alone. DB and I have the opposite, I work with kids all day and I have been around my sisters kids enough to know that I am not ready for that for a few years! Plus, I require too much attention to myself right now, I'm not ready to share! How long have you guys been married?

Hope you're having a great day!
  8. Senior Member
    I love San Diego! I'm from Santa Barbara, so just a few hours north. I think it all depends on who you meet, there are nice people and not so nice people everywhere. Unfortunately, I haven't yet met any girls here that I get along great with. I know people who absolutely love it here, but generally they are the ones who are from this part of the country or have family here. I've only been here a year but DH & I both can't wait to leave already. Its just too far from home for us.

I met DH on his R&R last deployment, though we had talked over the phone several times before. He was friends with my older brother and they had met when they were in the same company at our last duty station. We were inseparable for the 2 weeks, he left again for the remaining 9 months of deployment and we were married 3 days after he came home. We've been married 2 1/2 years now.

Whats the story with you and yours?
  9. Senior Member
    Aww that story is so sweet! Sean and I met in November, and we started dating just after New Years. Actually yesterday was our 9 month-iversary! He thinks it's silly that I remember, but it's a big deal to me! He found out he was deploying again and told me in February, and I realized that I had actually found someone I was kind of crazy in love with, so I decided it was worth it to stay! He was supposed to leave in March, but he hadn't been back in the country from his last deployment for a year yet so they made him leave in June. (OH DARN.) I'm pretty crazy about him, and I think he kinda likes me too

I don't blame you about not liking it there, it is so NOT California. I couldn't deal with winter, and the midwest seemed really commercialized. At least where I was, there weren't any cute little restaurants or shops. Just Targets and Chili's. Sean is from Virginia, and I know he wants to move over to that part of the country someday, so I am getting myself mentally prepared for that. I told him as long as I never have to mow a lawn or shovel a driveway I will go!

What is there to do for fun at Fort Campbell? What do you do with your days?
  10. Senior Member
    Well congrats on 9 months! That's very sweet That's great that he got to stay a little longer than you originally thought. How are you handling deployment so far? I take it this is your first? Hopefully the time will fly by.

You're right, its completely different out here. Everything in town is further apart than shops would be in CA and there really isn't much to do here. DH is crazy about the outdoors, he loves to backpack and fish and things like that which there is a lot of here... but in the winter, its very limited as far as things to do for fun. I really miss west coast food too... I would kill for a good salad, but everything here comes fried . I'm still stumped as to how its possible to fry koolaid, but they have it here!

I really want to venture further out into TN when DH gets back. I hear that Gatlinburg and Chattanooga are both nice places to visit. I've been pretty busy because I moved for the deployment and then had to figure out my class schedule and get a bunch of things done so I'm able to start school again later this month. My major is still undeclared.. I feel like I have far too many interests to narrow it down at this point in time, but I still have quite a bit of general coursework ahead of me so I've got time to figure it out. I've also gotten back into the gym and I'm hoping to get back into shape by the time DH comes home.

What kinds of things do you do to stay busy?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast