Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: KimberlyJ & Serenity September Pals!

1. ...

Jump for Joy KimberlyJ & Serenity September Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Senior Member
    Hey, how are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?
  3. Senior Member
    I'm doing good, thanks Family is in town visiting this weekend. How about you?
  4. Senior Member
    Hey, sorry I'm only getting back to you today. I wasn't really in any state yesterday to reply, I'm doing a little better today but well, deployment is kicking my ass and the last two and some months so will be the hardest. I'm really ready to be done.

How did your weekend with the family turn out? It's a holiday weekend in the US, right?
  5. Senior Member
    Hang in there, every day will be one day closer to homcoming! We all have better and worse days but hopefully things will start to look up as all the homecoming excitement gets closer The hardest day for me is coming really soon, I wasnt sure if I was allowed to join pals at first because we are technically still pre-deployment. I'm absolutely dreading DH leaving. This will be deployment #2 but I never had to see him get on the bus last tim because we were LDL.
  6. Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm trying to do my best to take one day at a time, but I just think I'm pretty burned out. I haven't been with my GF for like 11 months now. I'm just pretty over it, just want her back. But I'll get there. Somehow

I can imagine how much watching him leave will suck I didn't have to do that since we're long distance so I was already back home by the time she deployed in February. How long will he be gone?
  7. Senior Member
    Wow that is a long deployment, but that also means you should be close to homecoming! DH's should only be a 9 month, but I've learned never to believe it until its over. So what have you been doing to keep yourself busy? I went to visit a friend yesterday and got rear ended in my new truck by a semi (This is the 2nd time someone has hit me and I've only had it for about 4 months). Thankfully no one was hurt, my shoulder's just a little sore from where the seatbelt was, but I now believe that I have some truly bad luck. I've been trying to look at all the upcoming changes in a more positive light but its starting to become more difficult to stay cheerful all the time. I just feel so
  8. Senior Member
    Well, she only deployed in February, but I went back home last October and seeing each other again just didn't work out. Yay Army... so it's been 11 already and I still have at least 2, boo. Hers is about 9 months too. I've been studying a lot since I've been having my final exams since February and been working and annoying my friends Hasn't been the greatest year but at least it's almost over. Finally. Do you have any plans or things you want to accomplish during the deployment? Didn't do much on the weekend as I worked on Saturday and had a really sucky day on Sunday, though we went to see my grandparents. Wow, I'm glad nothing happened. I've only had one accident so far and that was pretty scary. Can't imagine having two in such a short time. Is it possible to repair the car? No one expects you to be cheerful all the time, but it's gonna be okay
  9. Senior Member
    Finals are never fun, but I hope you did well! What are you going to school for? I'll be taking classes again shortly after DH leaves, I haven't decided my major yet though. I tend to change my mind a lot. That's really the one big goal I have during deployment is to get back into school, try to find work here and stay as busy as possible. I try and do some volunteer work on the base as well, so hopefully I'll have more time to extend to the organizations that can use the help. Thats nice that you are near your family to visit, I wish I was closer to mine sometimes. Where is home for you? I notice your location says Germany, what part? Some of my family is in Kaufbeuren. I would love to PCS OCONUS one day and be able to spend more time with them, besides DH has wanted to be stationed overseas in Germany as well. Its so beautiful there, I miss it.
  10. Senior Member
    I still have my exams coming up, on the 13th and 20th, ahhh. And they're not just finals of the semester To finish my studies, I have to take state exams and they're the only ones that count and those I've been taking the last months and now the second phase starts. And then I'll be done No more uni ever again! I'm studying English and French and will be a teacher for both.

What kind of things are you interested in? That might help with deciding on what to declare as major. Going back to school is definitely always a good thing. What kind of work are you looking for?

I actually still live with my parents But we did visit my grandparents. They live like 20 minutes away by car. My others about an hour. Germany is tiny The farthest away are my uncle and aunt and that's about 6 to 7 hours. I live in the east of Germany. And I definitely live in one of the most beautiful cities in Germany, even if I'm biased. I had to google where your family lives and it shouldn't be too far away from me, couple of hours at most. But then, most here is only a couple of hours away... How many times have you been to Germany?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast