Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GuitarChick & danik September Pals!

1. ...

Jump for Joy -Closed-GuitarChick & danik September Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
    Last edited by andreacn; 09-16-2012 at 12:59 PM.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hi!
    You're my first ever Deployment Pal! Hope you're doing well today

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  3. C Squared
    C Squared
    sorry it took me a while to join in! I totally lost track of the days since Friday. I've been trying my best to keep busy and have lost all sense of time. I went out Friday with a few friends, spent all day Saturday in bed and spent today shopping...so needless to say, although tomorrow is a holiday, I don't want to go back to work. Hope you get to enjoy tomorrow off!

You're my 2nd Deployment pal and I really enjoyed it so I signed up again. I'm at the tail end of my deployment with my hubs and this is really helping pass time quickly. So I hope that it does the same for you since you said you only just started this deployment. Looking forward to getting to know you!

" i'm ready to come home. i just wanna get home. i love having you at my disposal" DH
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Glad you had fun this weekend and it sucks you have to work tomorrow. I see you work at Guitar Center? How long have you been there? I'm happy time is passing fast for you! I have tomorrow off. Because I have every day off I just moved here at the end of July. DH was getting deployed and we were sharing a car so we thought it would be best for me to wait to work. Then MIL offered to fly me home for three weeks to visit, if I would watch her house one of those weeks so she could vacation with her husband when HE gets home from Afghanistan. That will be in October. So...DH told me to just take a break, take some fight classes and shooting classes, get a new kitten. Oh-all these goals! I have no tv either. So my apartment is hospital clean right now. And I've spent an inordinate amount of time on this site and facebook. I'm going to get started on the above and getting my info to the education center on base next week though. Any fun plans for you this week?

― Nelson Mandela
  5. C Squared
    C Squared
    Yeah yesterday sucked bad! We were busy all day and night and I even stayed later to lend a hand. I don't know why I do it to myself, but I always do, I know my boss in the end is happy that I'm willing to put in the extra hours here and there and will help get me a promotion when I move out to WA to be with DH. I still live at home since hubs deployed in Dec of last year and when he first got out there we weren't sure if we were going to stay together. The plan always was kind of he has to get through his first deployment and then we'd get married and I'd move out there, but he couldn't wait any longer and we got married on R&R. He is scheduled to come home in November some time and I'm hoping to transfer through Guitar Center by March/April of next year, wait until after the holidays when there should be a few openings and the craziness has died down. There's a party of me that wishes I didn't work because there are just some days I can't handle all the stress between work and hubs being gone, but at the end of the day it definitely helps keeping me busy.

Seems like you have an awesome relationship with your MIL if she's willing to fly you back home for a few weeks! My in-laws would never do that for me, but I would take her up on it if you I were you. It would be a nice getaway which you may end up needing. Its always nice to get away from what your situation is. I took a vacation with my family pretty early on during this deployment and at the time I thought it was just what I needed. Unfortunately it backfired and things got worse for me when I got back, but things are back to normal, or as normal as they can be. At least you have a lot of goals to keep you preoccupied. I didn't have any goals to be honest. I was just trying to get everything in line for my () transfer.

No plans this week, probably just gonna work and watch some baseball and football is back as of tomorrow night!!!!!! I'm a huge NY Giants fan so I'm so pumped for tomorrow nights game. I'm totally wearing my Giants jersey to work tomorrow, although I'm really not allowed to. But I'm pretty sure most of my co-workers will be doing the same. Otherwise, I'm thinking I'm gonna start getting little personal hygiene in order. I'm gonna probably get a mani/pedi over the weekend and find a place to do a wax...that scares me, but I'm gonna do it! I have to do it. I know hubs would really love it, so I'm gonna do it just for him.

How about you? What do you have lined up this week for yourself?

" i'm ready to come home. i just wanna get home. i love having you at my disposal" DH
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It sucks you were so busy yesterday! But it does look good to go the extra mile if you're getting promoted. I was a retail manager for 5 years, while also going to school and I thought by the end I was going to die! I worked minimum 10 hour days and the last 2 years of it I switched to being a full time student on top of it. I'd be writing my schedule and calling to set up interviews in between classes. Sucked. I never want to be a manager again. I could just never leave my work at work-kwim? I hope things are better for you though!
    Yes-MIL and I have a very good relationship. When I was home, we'd go out regularly for lunch, pedis and massages. We also rode horses together a few times. She offered numerous times to let me live with her while DH was deployed. Her husband leaves every 3 months for 3 months so she's used to this routine. Now that I'm 2000 miles away, we still text throughout the day. She already came up here to visit once. We hung out while DH was working for 4 days. She spoils the absolute crap out of us too. She gave us literally thousands of dollars when we moved out here to get stuff for our apartment. I couldn't have custom designed a better set of in-laws, or husband for that matter. I'm very happy where I am in life right now. Minus the deployment, but that's temporary.
    I'm glad football is starting again for you!! The only sport I've ever followed is thoroughbred racing. My grandmother used to breed and train them so I have fond childhood memories of the track.

So you're moving to WA? Hooray!! It's really pretty up here. Is he stationed at Ft. Lewis? Are you planning on staying on or off base? I guess there was base housing available when we moved here, but DH found us a place off base and I'm really glad he did. Base is loud and busy and I feel kind of out of place there. Plus, everything closes at like 7pm. It's weird shopping and hearing huge helicopters fly over you all the time and it's just an atmosphere I'm not used to. Off base is more like regular normal life.

Today I think I'm going to go get some groceries, go up to base to give them my resume info to start job hunting, and probably go talk to an MMA gym down the street about starting a free trial to check their classes out. I want to take BJJ, MMA and Muay Thai. From my experience, a lot of gyms like that see a girl and are like "Oh-our cardio kickboxing classes are fun!" I'm sure they are....Not what I came here for...I might not take BJJ right away. I'll learn enough of it in MMA classes. I haven't taken any fight classes for a year, so I'm rusty and have a lot to learn. I roll with DH in our living room if that counts as practice. I submitted him the day before he left. Maybe he gave it to me as a confidence booster, but I felt accomplished anyway.

Good luck with your wax! You'll do fine . I'd totally do a Brazilian if I wasn't so cheap. I get my underarms done sometimes. I epilate in between so I can go a while before I need professional maintenance. The first time sucked, and I bled. But after that it wasn't bad at all. Don't tan afterwards! Like for a couple days. I tanned right after a wax and I had burnt, peeling armpits.
    Yesterday was the first time DH didn't contact me since he's been gone. Last time I talked to him, he was waiting to find out about some stuff, so I hope everything worked out for him. I miss him. I hope periods of no communication aren't going to be the norm on this deployment. I still don't really know what to expect. I really have no idea what he does either and I think it's better that way. I don't watch the news and we don't talk much about his job. I thrive on denial

― Nelson Mandela
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Oh yay! He was able to call me! I feel better now

― Nelson Mandela
  8. C Squared
    C Squared
    Yeah, I'll be moving to Ft Lewis. I think we're going to live off post, he doesn't want to live on post. I've been looking at places every so often, but hubby has a place with his battle for now and he wants to stay in the same complex once I move out there. I told him let me see what I think of this complex before we decide on anything. I had found a place online that was perfect and what I really wanted, but he's kind of against getting anything more than an apartment for the time being because he doesn't think we'll be there long. Makes me a little upset because I would like to have more than just an apartment, but I can't really argue with him too much. Plus it makes sense to save money while we can.

You have a lot going on it seems! Shouldn't be too hard to stay busy! Work was nice and easy today and I actually left on time and got home at my normal time. The rest of the week should be kind of calm, once Halloween hits, I think things will pick up again and I'm not looking forward to that. Although I'm quite tired tonight. I didn't do anything too strenuous or tiring. I'll probably take a nap( its 8 at night and I'm going to take a nap) and I'll probably pass out for the night at 12 or so. Tomorrow should be interesting though because we have the regional sales manager coming in(I believe) and I've never met him although I've been with the company about 2 years now. My boss isn't looking forward to it and neither am I. Puts us all on edge just a bit. Hopefully its not as bad as I think it will be.

I just stared so I'm thinking I'll do it once that's over. Giving me plenty of time to do it a few couple of times before hubby comes home and I can start building up a tolerance. I'm nervous, but I'm just gonna do it. I've had my eyebrows waxed but that was like 5 years ago and obviously we're talking about an area that is way more sensitive. I don't tan so that shouldn't be a problem for me. But I heard you have to use this lotion concoction or something afterward so you don't get ingrown hairs and such. I guess I'll figure it out once I go.

Glad you got to hear from your hubby today. Always makes the day a little better. My hubs said he was going to call today, but I didn't get anything from him but I told him today was a delivery day so it wasn't the best to call me. He normally tends to message me/call me on delivery days so maybe he took my advice and decided to hold off on calling me til tomorrow. I can only hope, right?

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I hope you got some rest and that you hear from your DH soon. I was a little apprehensive about moving to an apartment at first. I owned a 3br, 1.5ba colonial on Lake Erie before I came out here. I thought an apartment would feel really cramped. Then DH said we didn't need a 2 br, a 1br would be big enough for us. So, that's what we got and honestly I love it. It's just the right amount of space for us. It's so much easier to clean too. Best thing is no yard work and if something needs repaired, I just go down to the leasing office and both times they've come up immediately to take care of it. With him being gone, I love that part! Another girl on here gave me a list of places out here she had scouted out. I passed the list onto him to pick. He has good taste when it comes to things like that. He had looked in Lacey, Puyallup, and Olympia. We wound up in Olympia and I like the neighborhood. We're kind of secluded, but close to most anything and about 20 some minutes from base. The traffic north of base can get pretty bad on the freeway. I guess your DH already knows the commute though. The only complaint I have so far is someone DID rummage through our car, but we forgot to lock it that night. They didn't take anything. Still, not thrilled about it. Most of our neighbors here are military too. Even though I don't know any of them, I kind of feel like we're all in the same boat or something.

Do you like doing outdoorsey stuff? If so, there's tons of parks and stuff out here. From around Ft. Lewis, it's only a couple hours to get to the ocean, or Mt. Rainier, or go up north to the San Juan Islands area to go whale watching. Seattle is only about an hour away too. I was disappointed when DH got orders here because I thought we were going to NC, and I've always wanted to live there. But it's not too bad here. I like it better than Ohio. I hope if we get moved somewhere, we get to travel overseas though. Just for the experience. I'd love to live in Germany for a little while. Any place you or your DH would love to get sent to?

MIL bought us a bedframe and it finally got delivered yesterday! Yay! My bed is like 3 feet tall now. It's kind of weird after sleeping on a mattress on the floor for a while. I like it. They were an hour and a half late delivering it, so I didn't get some of the stuff I wanted to get done yesterday done. But there's today.
    I hope your day is good!

― Nelson Mandela
  10. C Squared
    C Squared
    I guess I'll have to wait and see this complex is like. I was talking to my DH's battle buddy's wife and she agrees with me that this is more of a bachelor pad type of place. And its not so bad with the two men living there together while us wives are trying to move out there, but I feel like we'll (or at least I will) want to live in a different place and kind of set up house. I agree that a 1br could be plenty, but I just wanted something that was little more homely. I know he really just wants to save up while we can and he doesn't think we'll be in WA all that long (probably about 2.5 years). The place he's at right now is in Lakewood, but his buddy used to live in Puyallup. I've been looking at things online every so often and the general area. I'm fortunate enough that I will hopefully live within an hour drive between 5 different stores in WA so there is a high possibility I can get anyone of those stores, so that's nice. I guess it's all a matter of what we're willing to spend and if this first place ends up being not so bad, maybe we'll get a 1br in this complex. I'll have to wait to check out this complex when I help hubs move into it. I know DH wants to live close to his battle, we've even joked about getting a 2 family house so they don't have to be apart all that long. But both of us wives have agreed thats a little too much. We love how close our hubbies are, but I don't think they could live together with us.

I love the outdoors, but I can't do a lot because I have really bad knees. I know DH is looking forward to being able to do all this outdoorsy stuff and I'm going to try my best to enjoy these things with him, but my body can only do so much. He knows this. He's used to rocking climbing and going on hikes with his family since he was a kid and I've always had to bow out because I know my knees aren't just up for it. But I know he really wants to do all this so if he wants to do it, I'll be ok with him enjoying his weekends with his buds because I can't do it. We weren't excited about WA at first because we're from NJ and you really can't get much further away from NJ then WA. DH wants to go to Alaska, I don't know about being stationed there, but definitely wants to visit there. He really wanted to be stationed at Fort Drum, NY or Fort Bragg. Honestly I don't mind where we get stationed too much anymore because from now we'll be together. But I know DH wants to stay away from places that get too hot, he's not a heat guy. That's why I feel WA is kind of perfect for us, not a lot of snow and it doesn't seem to get too hot there. He likes it out there now and I've been there once and I loved it. We've talked that if or when he gets out of the armed services we may go back to WA to live permanently.

Yay for new bedframe!!!! When I was in middle school and high school I didn't have a bedframe and slept on the mattress and box spring. Now I finally have a full bed set and my bed is probably 3ft off the ground too. I love it. Too bad hubby has to wait until I move out there to sleep in a decent bed he'll love me once I get out there. He was so excited when I got my new bed...he hates sleeping in anything else because its just that amazing.

I got to chat with DH for about 20 mins today, but I had a lot going on at work so I didn't even realize he had to go until it was too late. The internet is really unreliable again so he flashes on and off so often. I felt bad, so I sent him a quick I love you message and hopefully I'll get a few messaged tomorrow. But the best part about all this is I think I'm going to book my ticket to WA for homecoming over the next couple days. The next time I talk to DH I'm going to tell him what my plan is (the plan I've also set up with DH's battle's wife) and I'm pretty sure he'll be okay with it and he'll tell me to book it. And my mom has tons of flyer miles so I'll be flying for about $10 I think after taxes. So I'm pretty pumped!

How has your day been? Get to talk to your husband today?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast