Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LittleBlueFishie & the_lepus September Pals!

1. ...

Jump for Joy LittleBlueFishie & the_lepus September Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    How are you?

3. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Hey! I'm out of town, just stopping by msos really quick! I'm doing good, how are you!?

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  4. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Oh fun! Where are you? I'm ok. Just relaxing after doing some cleaning.

5. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    I was in Atlanta . It was an awesome weekend but Atlanta is so busy, just driving around wore me out . Now I'm happily home in our bed.

I feel bad because we're still pre deployment. I feel like a poser in here, but very soon I'll be legit . If you have any advice on saying goodbye let me know. I'm scared that I'll be a hot mess and make it worse than it really is the day he leaves.

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
  6. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    You're not a poser!

My only advice is not to say goodbye. DB and I agreed that it wasn't goodbye, it was "see you later" and that's exactly what we said to each other the day he left. I thought the same thing you are, that I would be a mess the day he left. It turns out that I was a bigger mess the weekend before he left than the actual day If you do get emotional, it's ok! I'd add more but I can't really thing straight right now. Let me know if you have anymore questions. BTW, what branch is your SO in?

7. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    You're not a poser!

My only advice is not to say goodbye. DB and I agreed that it wasn't goodbye, it was "see you later" and that's exactly what we said to each other the day he left. I thought the same thing you are, that I would be a mess the day he left. It turns out that I was a bigger mess the weekend before he left than the actual day If you do get emotional, it's ok! I'd add more but I can't really thing straight right now. Let me know if you have anymore questions. BTW, what branch is your SO in?
    He is Army! I'm guessing yours is Navy by the "cruising" ticker.

I was having a hard time a few weeks ago but I've been completely fine now. He said "see ya later" to my family this weekend and it wasn't bad at all. Everyone was really upbeat and talking about how they can't wait for him to be back, it was really nice. other times he's left (for shorter times) it didn't really hit me till he was gone, life was totally normal then he was away, so far it's been the same way. It's weird.

Is everything ok? Not thinking straight usually means I'm really stressed out.

Adventures In Love
  8. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishie View Post
    He is Army! I'm guessing yours is Navy by the "cruising" ticker.

I was having a hard time a few weeks ago but I've been completely fine now. He said "see ya later" to my family this weekend and it wasn't bad at all. Everyone was really upbeat and talking about how they can't wait for him to be back, it was really nice. other times he's left (for shorter times) it didn't really hit me till he was gone, life was totally normal then he was away, so far it's been the same way. It's weird.

Is everything ok? Not thinking straight usually means I'm really stressed out.
    He is on a ship but actually in the Marine Corps. Navy might be better but he wanted to do the marines

Yeah, the actual ceremony when they leave (I don't know if it's really considered a ceremony since it's usually just waiting for them to get called) is more of an anxious time. Like, can we get this god forsaken thing started already! It was hard to come home to all his stuff here and him not but as time passed, it got easier. I still have rough patches but not as bad. You will make it through this It's going to suck at first but time does help AND it never stops

I'm just tired. DB's been pretty down the last couple days and I'm trying to keep his spirits up. Plus, my semester just started so I'm trying to balance a full school load, work, and keeping up with DB.

9. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    Oh man, I don't have any idea what to expect. Neither does DH. Im guessing we'll be hanging out at an airfield until they're ready to board.

I'm sorry about your DB. I was a bit of a stalker and checked out your blog . There are a lot of goals you have that I have for the deployment. I've started back on my blog and my plan was to do something similar to your blog. I need to get a job, I graduated college a while ago and quit my job a couple months ago. I've been waiting for DH to leave so I wasn't trying to deal with his stuff and starting a new job and trying to get off to say goodbye to him. So I'll be applying this week for places.

I can imagine all of this hitting you at once is pretty hard. What classes are you taking?

Adventures In Love
  10. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    How long is your DH's deployment? DB just left from the parking lot outside of the barracks. I don't know what his homecoming will be like or where it will be Who knows with the military.

DB is just upset because they have him doing a really crappy job on the ship. He use to be stationed in DC, protecting the Commandant of the Marine Corps and now he's miserable. We're almost done with this stupid deployment though so that's what keeps us going! Feel free to stalk my blog! I don't think anyone reads it anyway. Doing goals for a deployment is an excellent idea. Once you're finished with the deployment, you can look back and see how much you've accomplished. It kind of gives you an extra boost What jobs will you be looking at and what's your degree in?

My classes are: Advanced Creative Writing, Government Research Methods and Analysis, Health Policy and Administration Issues, and Revolutions in International Politics

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast