Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: rlm126 & Jojobananna September Pals!

1. ...

Jump for Joy rlm126 & Jojobananna September Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Senior Member
    Hey there! How are you doing this week? You are my first deployment pal!!!

For starters I will tell you a bit about myself. My name is Robynn and I my DB is currently deployed to Kosovo. We have been dating for 2 1/2 years and live together. We have a fur baby, named Molly who is crazy. On Tuesday I am starting a new job which I know will be stressful, but at least time will pass by a little quicker. I am also still in school to finish my graduate degree in health administration.

For fun I like to read, talk with friends, watch football, hike, drink wine, eat out, play with my dog, etc.

This weekend I am headed to spend some time with my mom, dad, and sister in Charleston, SC. It will be the first time I have been since DB left, and I know it will make me miss him. It is our favorite place to go together, and we hope to move there once I finish school.

Looking forward to getting to know you this month.

DB: "What we have is bigger than a small separation"
  3. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Hey, sorry it has taken me a couple days to reply! I've been studying for my first integrated exam of the semester. (That means all my classes are tested at the same time, on the same day. It's like one big giant exam. )

I'm excited to get to know you this month! My name is Joanna, but I go by pretty much any variation of it. My DB is deployed to Afghanistan for the second time. We've been together a bit under 3 years, but we've been in a long distance relationship the whole time (him in Colorado and me in Tennessee). It's been that way because I am here working on my Pharm.D. and well, those don't exactly transfer between schools. Plus he is supposed to be transferring from Active Duty to NG this April and moving home to start school himself. FINALLY!

Our hobbies sound almost exactly the same! Except subtract the wine and add working out and farm stuff to mine (I grew up on a farm and still live close enough to home to help out).

I hope you have had a great weekend in SC! Be safe on your way home!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  4. Senior Member
    My DB and I have also been together for a little under 3 years, our anniversary is in November. When is yours?

Completely understand about school stress, but I am not sure about an integrated exam. It sounds like a recipe for disaster. Best of luck with the rest of your studying and remember you need sleep to store all of that knowledge! I am currently preparing for a presentation that lasts about an hour for my class next Monday (grrrrrr.)

DB is in the NG and volunteered for this deployment. This is the second year long deployment he has had with the NG, but the first since we have been dating. He really likes the NG because it allows him to work a civilian job and still be in the military. How long has your DB been deployed?

5. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Wow, that is really close! Ours is coming up in October. The 9th, specifically.

Integrated exams DO sound like a recipe for disaster. I wonder why no one told our school administration that... Actually they have their pros and cons, but they are pretty darn stressful. And for once, I did sleep beforehand, it felt nice. Good luck with your presentation! I despise presentations, I couldn't imagine having to present for an hour!

DB has been deployed since March. I didn't get to see him off, but he did come visit me in February about 2 weeks before his departure, which was wonderful. Do you get to hear from your DB much so far? I am hoping we like the NG more than AD too. It's weird though, we have no idea where he will report to currently.

I believe you said you like watching football, so who's your favorite team? My DB is a rabid Clemson fan.
  6. Senior Member
    Oh no a clemson fan...ewwww! Just kidding, a little. I am a student at USC- Gamecocks, so my nature I have to hate clemson. Actually I am a fan of a good game, one that is close and is a competition. I usually pull for USC-Gamecocks, Auburn, and Florida State. I hope to keep up as much as possible this year, its not something that DB actually likes to watch why. Is your DB from SC, how did he come to be a Clemson fan?

Sorry you couldn't see him off, but that is honestly not one of my favorite things to do. I ended up not staying until the busses pulled off because it just makes me sooooo sad! It was nice to be able to support him right before the journey, and make sure he had all his stuff prepared, but I honestly can do without the whole leaving ceremony/process.

DB still hasn't gotten to his final destination of this deployment (Kosovo) and has been training in Germany. So far we have been able to talk just about every day. Not sure if this will be the case the in coming weeks with my new work schedule and his new situation. We shall see. Apparently being deployed in Kosovo is a decent assignment. Internet in rooms, etc. So he thinks we will be able to talk on a regular basis. I think the hardest thing will be the time difference and my school and work schedule. I just feel bad about not being available to drop everything and talk with him, but I am sure my boss would not like that.

How did your exam go?

7. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    I knew it was going to be a love or hate reaction! DB's dad went to Clemson, and I believe he was a student there when they won the national championship way back. So he raised his son to be a rabid fan too. But it's really odd, almost everyone I have EVER talked to that went to Clemson absolutely loves it. Raves about it. It's never like "oh I went to Clemson", it's always like "omg Clemson is so super awesomely amazingggg!!!" Which is funny to me because everyone at my undergrad grumped about what a greedy, horrible administration we have and how terribly they manage money. Did you go to USC for undergrad as well?

I hope everything works out for the positive with your schedules! I know what you mean about not being able to drop your life to talk, even if you want to really badly. It usually does seem to work out where there is some good overlap in waking hours though. Like for me right now DB wakes up during the late evening/early morning hours and then is awake until early afternoon here. That's nice right now because my classes and work are usually in the afternoon.

I survived the exam! Grades were posted today for all classes except the most important one... but I did really well on all the sections posted so far, and even managed a 100% on Phamacokinetics & Dose Optimization (aka- math). It's the best I've done on an exam in awhile.

How is your week going so far?
  8. Senior Member
    Hey There! Sorry it took me a day to respond. The end of my week was KILLER. Thursday is a 13 hour day with commute, work, commute, school, take care of dog. I don't even think I ate yesterday until almost 10pm. I have been glad to be busy, because I sure am missing DB. I am in the phase where pretty much everything makes me miss him . I am one of those people who really doesn't like change very much, and with the new school program and new job there has been a lot of change in my life. DB is such a support when he is here. He takes care of our dog and on long days he will bring me lunch or dinner so I don't go so long without eating. While I am not one that takes things for granted, I completely didn't think about him not being here when I signed up for that class.

I went to a small liberal arts college for undergrad--Wofford College. And I am from the upstate of SC where there are plenty of Clemson fans. Where are you in school? Glad to hear that your exam went well, and hope that you did well on the remaining parts. Did you ever get that grade? on making 100% on the math section, you must be a brainiac.

I can't believe how exhausting my work schedule has been this week. Between work, school, and my personal life I just don't think I can take much more of this. My sister's friends have had a lot of drama this week, and my best friend is trying to break up with her DB. He is in the navy and she just isn't sure how to break up with him. So she has been calling me to ask for advice. I am just like just say things aren't working for you. I mean really. I am whining and ranting now because I am sleepy so I will head to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

9. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't worry about taking a day. I know how busy days are. Honestly I am surprised right now, it's been a long time since I've been too busy for MSOS, but I'm really on so little now, which is a big change. I'm glad your DB is so supportive when he's home, just think of how much you'll appreciate those sweet things when he's home. And don't forget to take care of yourself! A girl's gotta eat!!

Right now I am a student pharmacist at UTHSC/UTCOP which is kind of a separate part of the University of Tennessee system. It's based in Memphis where the med/dental/allied health/pt/everything else schools are, but I'm doing my last three years at the secondary campus in Knoxville (which is where I did my undergrad, at the regular UT). All of our lectures are video conferenced between here and Memphis. Some lecturers present from here and some from there. It's pretty cool. And I did get that last score, it was an 85%. So, not as good as the others, but I'll take it.

I hope things calm down and you have a good day tomorrow!
  10. Senior Member
    for passing your exam! I like the set up of the program, as it seems you have a couple of options of where to live.

I realized at some point last night that a lot of my mood was because I was sooooooo tired from a long week. I feel better today. Now I just have to motivate myself and get to preparing for my presentation on Monday. I am thinking a large cup of coffee from starbucks will do the trick

Got any fun plans this weekend? I would love to live vicariously through you...because all I am doing is school work.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast