Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mmmtat & Lost&faraway September Pals!

1. ...

Jump for Joy mmmtat & Lost&faraway September Pals!

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

How's your weekend going? Any fun plans? I totally forgot in was a holiday weekend
  3. Senior Member

I'm absolutely exhausted but I'm on the last day of a six day work week. I have an endless amount of chores tomorrow. Then back to work on Monday. How about you?

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here

That sounds exhausting! I am spending the weekend doing yardwork, I got back from visiting family and my yard was severely neglected. I have a pool guy coming out today, and then hopefully a friend helping me to fix my lawn mower so I can get my overgrown field under control! If there's one thing I've learned this deployment, it's that I am a terrible groundskeeper
  5. Senior Member
    Oh I know how you feel. I broke our lawnmower about 1/2 way thru this deployment. Now I'm signed up for the post mow program for deployed soldier's families. It definitely helps when I'm working so much. I'll be back on my own come Oct./Nov. though. I just hope I dont break the mower again.

“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
    ― Rose Kennedy
  6. Pour a little salt, we were never here

I broke mine twice already! I am about to have a friend come fix it again, I really hope it doesn't break again! I hope yours doesn't too!

Oh that sounds like a really nice program! I don't live on base, and I have an acre so I don't think anyone is going to sign up to do it for me
  7. Senior Member
    No probably not. I'm so glad we dont have so much land. I would be in so much trouble then. Why dont yall live on base? Just curious.

― Rose Kennedy
  8. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Dh never much cared for living on base. He was in six years before we met and had lived in dorms in Korea, but other than that preferred offbase. He's just kind of...military is his paycheck, not his life (I mean this in completely no offensive way if y'all are more involved, just explaining ). And, then, where we are now, we had the opportunity to buy our dream retirement home (we'll keep it even if we have to PCS), so that's why I am suffering through mountains of endless yardwork! It's all good though, I love watching my dogs run around in the yard. I just wish it was self maintaining!
  9. Senior Member
    I take no offense. We live on post for the simplicity: No having to look for a place to live every time we move, no rent or utilities to remember to pay, any problems with the house we report to housing and maintenance takes care of it, its closer to work for DH so he's able to sleep in longer than he would if we lived off post, etc.

I'm "involved" in the army community, just not with our unit. I dont feel like I fit in. I'm eager to learn about the military and have knowledge that most of the spouses in this unit see as not worth their time. A lot of it I had to learn for work but there is a lot that I just learned to make things easier on my husband so that he doesnt have to explain what things mean all the time. I really just feel like I'm looked down on for taking an interest in my husbands job.

― Rose Kennedy
  10. Pour a little salt, we were never here

No utilities is awesome! I know a lot of people here really struggle with the electric bill in the summer. We got lucky, our house is super efficient, but yea. It'd still be nice to not have that bill

I know what you mean, my husband and I both have less interest in his job than everyone else, and we are kind of oddballs. Dh cares a lot about the actual job and doing it well, but he doesn't get caught up in the "my job is my identity and I'm a badass" that the other people seem to portray. So yea, I totally get that feeling looked down on. I have never felt comfortable being close with the wives in his shop.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast