Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GuitarChick & rocket_lizz August Deployment Pals

1. ...

Jump for Joy GuitarChick & rocket_lizz August Deployment Pals

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Hiii! How's your friday? I'm currently having a roast veggie flatbread for lunch.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. C Squared
    C Squared
    Hey. My Friday has been alright. Just hanging out with my brother watching the olympics. Probably going to spend most of the weekend doing this Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?

" i'm ready to come home. i just wanna get home. i love having you at my disposal" DH
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I've been wanting to watch the Olympics but I don't have cable I tried to watch some online but it's hard since NBC doesn't have live streaming or anything. I got a hilarious email from DF a few days ago about how the only events they are showing on his ship are the women's barely-dressed sports
    This weekend I am probably just going to relax, I have finals for my classes soon and my internship ends next week with a huge research conference!
  5. C Squared
    C Squared
    I'm sorry you haven't been able to watch the Olympics. I wish I could watch more of it to be honest. I miss the days were I wasn't working a full time job and I could sit home and enjoy the Olympics during the day. I hate watching the recap at night because half the people on my facebook page have already posted who won what events and it ruins it for me. I haven't heard from my DH in almost a week so I don't know if he's been watching any of it or if he even knows that they're going on. And I guess if they guys are on deployment and they actually do get to watch some of the Olympics why not watch barely dressed women, right?

Definitely take some time to relax before things get crazy! Is the research conference a good thing or is just like a work thing, that you're really not looking forward to? I'm going to keep it simple this weekend since I had an awful week at work. My boss was on vacation so I was in charge and everything that could go wrong did so it'll be nice to have a calm, relaxing weekend.

" i'm ready to come home. i just wanna get home. i love having you at my disposal" DH
  6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I miss sitting around all day watching the Olympics too! 2 years ago for the winter Olympics I was in Canada and it was fun to watch things from their perspective.

I hope you hear from your husband soon!! DF will be home this month actually so they have some free time since they are on the way home, and he gets to email frequently. I am so not ready for homecoming there is a lot I still need to do!

My research conference should be pretty awesome, I am presenting my work to people from National Institute of Health (they pay for all the research grants) so hopefully they will be interested and I can have my internship back next summer to continue the research! I am looking forward to being done because I've been working crazy-hard all summer but at the same time I will miss the awesome paychecks.
  7. C Squared
    C Squared
    Even then, I couldn't sit around all day watching them. I feel like I've been working forever now that I think about it and before that I was in school full time so I really haven't been able to do that in at least 4 years back to Beijing. That was so long ago!!! Ah where has the time gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I hear from him soon too. I'm figuring he's just out on a mission. I know it probably sounds really bad, but I've been so stressed with work that I've had time to really sit and think that I hadn't heard from him until just now. I hope I hear from him tomorrow. He said with the religious holiday going on that he hoped it would be kind of quiet, so all I can do is really hope that nothing's going on over there. But you must be so excited that your DF is on his way home!!!! I'm sure you're enjoying all the emails you've been receiving lately. I have until December to plan my homecoming, but I've already bought the boots I want to wear to pick him up, but I'm so excited to get them that I don't think I can keep them hidden for another 4 months. I know I'm going to want to post pictures of my new boots, but at the same time I want to surprise him with them. Oh the decision I have to make. But I am planning on wearing just a nice sweater, jeans and my new boots. Otherwise, I have to wait to figure out everything when it gets a little closer to homecoming for us. I'm sure once it gets to homecoming month I'll be all out of sorts too. But its a good

That's pretty cool, to be able to present your own work to other people in your field. You have to be pretty proud of yourself to be able to reach that level, right? You're presenting your work to other people, I think that's a huge deal. And it would be awesome if you got your internship back too. What exactly are you studying to do?

8. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Hi!
    Sorry I disappeared Friday afternoon- I was still at work and things got busy! Have you heard from the hubby yet? I'm impressed you're already figuring out your homecoming outfit! I still need to get one together I'm such a procrastinator sometimes.

Did anything awesome happen in the Olympics yesterday/today that I missed? I tried to watch some clips online but a lot of it is interviews or not very interesting.

DF is in port RIGHT NOW! I'm excited- he doesn't have much liberty but it's a US port so we can text on his phone and stuff.

Presenting my research will be pretty cool. This is actually my second year doing the internship, and I just submitted a proposal for an actual clinical trial, so I hope that NIH stays interested and will pay me for next year!! My Master's degree is in public health but my research now is through a medical informatics department, we're making a process by which cancer patients can donate their tumor samples to research without it being the long, complicated process that it currently is.

How's your weekend going? Any fun stuff? I'm going to be doing homework all day today since I procrastinated yesterday.
  9. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

Every time I see this thread I want to crash it You two are my favorite MSOS ladies!

Ok, I have to go back to my OWN DD pal thread now before I get in trouble or something.....
  10. C Squared
    C Squared
    No worries! I ended up going to bed real early for a Friday night anyway. I had just been so exhausted from the stressful week I had at work. I did hear from my hubby yesterday morning. Just a little fb chat for about an hour. I was telling him about how I was getting hit on over the phone by a guy I've never met, but work with often. It was quite funny. And the only reason I even started planning out my outfit for homecoming is I have birthday money I wanted to spend() and I've been watching Pretty Little Liars and I've been loving some of their style in the shows...yeah....

Nothing too exciting in the Olympics lately. Although Roger Federer lost in the gold match to a guy from Great Britain, which was cool because obviously he won at home. Otherwise I haven't watched too much of the games today because they haven't kept my attention today. But later tonight it should be back to beach volleyball with Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings, who I love to watch, and individual events for women's gymnastics. Actually Jen Kessy and April Ross (our 2nd beach volleyball team) are playing right now so I'll be watching that. Most of the day I spent watching war movies (I know I'm an idiot, I shouldn't have been watching them), but I did and I survived

What I wouldn't give to be able to text again!!!! I think that's one of the hardest habits to break when your SO deploys. I bet your a happy girl right now being able to have him within in your fingertips reach. This must make you super happy, texting means you are sooooooo close to having your man home!!! I'm excited for you and hopefully I can help this month pass a little quicker for you.

Jeez...that's some pretty intense work you're doing. A lot of schooling, I bet, right? But that's very cool.

My weekend has been BORING!!! haha. I spent all day yesterday in bed finishing up all Pretty Little Liars and being a bum because I wasn't feeling to well yesterday. And today has been pretty much the same. Just relaxing before I head back to work tomorrow. Hopefully you get all your work done today. Good luck.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast