Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mmmtat & Serenity August Deployment Pals.

1. ...

Jump for Joy mmmtat & Serenity August Deployment Pals.

Advertisements
    Say to your pal!
  2. Senior Member
    So I'm just gonna start this off with Any plans for the weekend? How are things with the house going and how are you holding up in general?
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

The house is good! I am planning to do a lot of yardwork this weekend, because next week I'm going to take a trip to visit family I'm doing pretty good, happy that it's August, summer is my least favorite season so I am always happy to get it over with

How are you doing? How is France?
  4. Senior Member
    have fun with your yard work. I think I'd be grumbling all through it. I may tell my GF I want to have a garden later but I'm not sure I'd be too lazy to actually look after it, or even remember to water them. So many of my plants die because of me... Where does your family live? What's your favorite season then? I love summer, I just hate the humidity.

France is awesome but it's tiring me out. I haven't been that tired in a long time. I have classes till afternoon and do a lot of walking to and from class and then I'm just wiped in the evening. Right now I'm more or less pretending to still be awake.
  5. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Yardwork is definitely not my favorite! Luckily dh loves it, so I only have to do it while he's away. A garden would be nice, I think dh wants to grow some food in our yard. My plants are growing *too* well! I want to stop watering them because they are out of control

Family is in Detroit...so it will be humid! I'm in Arizona, so it's just insanely hot, but not much humidity, which is nice. Favorite season normally is Fall, but in Arizona I only like Winter (because they don't have a "Fall" It doesn't start getting below 100 until October/November time frame). I would like Alaska... I could handle a lot of Winter What about you, favorite season? Where are you from?

Are you studying abroad? What classes are you taking? I visited Germany a few years ago and it was awesome, but very tiring from all the walking!
  6. Senior Member
    I wanna have flowers later one and maybe some tomatoes (of course that requires getting a house and everything first) if they are growing too well, you probably should indeed stop watering them. What kinds of plants do you have?

Uhh, I hate humidity. I like the heat, but only the dry kind. How long will you stay there? I've been to Arizona and it's nice, I really liked it there. I'm from east Germany, the state's called Saxony and my city is definitely one of the prettiest that Germany has, if I dare say so And we get all seasons, and I love spring and summer but it also usually doesn't get too hot for too long. Winter tends to be too cold for me. When I have to wear three layers of clothing to keep warm, it's just too cold.

Well, I'm not really studying, just taking some French language classes here at a language school as preparation for my exams beginning in September. It's actually the same school where I met my GF. And it's right at the sea and everything is very lovely. I was in Nice today and so pretty but the heat and all the walking tired me out. A lot. Where in Germany were you?
  7. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Tomatoes would be nice, I love tomatoes! We just have grass, and weeds and some palm trees. Everything is growing like crazy though and we have an acre of land, so I am always out there mowing, weedwhacking and trimming trees.

I was in a town about an hour from Stuttgart called Schwabisch Gmund (mit umlauts over the a and u ), and also visited Munich. It was lovely. My dh was stationed at Spangdahlem before we met, and he wants to go back! But we aren't sure if I could get medical clearance from the military, so that is a major bummer. I love cold weather! Arizona is very nice, I love the hiking and we paraglide here, but I miss snow and feeling cold and wearing sweaters!

I've heard that Nice is lovely!
  8. Senior Member
    I love tomatoes too! The GF hates them, so more for me I want palm trees too. I'm jealous. The biggest I can grow on my balcony are lilies. Sounds like a lot of work though. Makes me be on the fence about owning a house, but I know she'd like one and I can never say no to her

So you mostly did Southern Germany. Cool. If you ever come back you definitely have to do up a bit more, the sea is lovely and the region where I live has some nice landscape too, and well, my city is the prettiest anyways heh I'm sorry that medical issues could be a reason. I hope it's nothing too serious. You can always visit though. (I also have to admit that I am so glad my GF is in the reserves so we won't have to deal with her being stationed somewhere and all the headache that comes with it) I don't particularly like the snow... too cold. But it can be fun for a while.

Nice is quite nice but there are just too many people around this time. Not a fan of that. We went to Cannes today, which is also really nice but the woman I went, well, she was a bit odd... I would have preferred doing all that with my Gf again, so it bummed me a bit out.

What are you up to today?
  9. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Oh man. I just got back the emergency vet, I think my dog got bit by a bug, and her face started swelling up. She is fine now, but it scared me at first!
    I think my Dh is getting a little bit depressed about being over there, he is not happy right now, I wish I could say something to make him feel better, but I can't

I don't like being in tourist/vacation areas with lots of people, I like to go on off seasons. I know what you mean about wishing you were doing everything with her instead of other people. I went to vegas with a friend in June, but it just made me wish that dh was with us, it was a major bummer.

I was going to mow my lawn early this morning, but that plan got derailed with whole dog thing...now I'm thinking I'll do it in the evening so it isn't quite as hot out (procrastination is a specialty of mine ).

Where is your girlfriend a reservist at? dh was in the reserves for about a year while he was trying to back to active duty, it was good but I didn't like sharing him on the weekends!
  10. Senior Member
    Aww, poor dog. I hope he's starting to feel better too. I have a kitty and I know how much it sucks when they get sick and it can be really scary. I've had scary moments a few times.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm pretty sure she is pretty over it all too and wants to go home and there's nothing I can do. I think she's also sad I'm here and she couldn't go with me, which makes me feel guilty and ahhh... but I have to be here and she knows it but well, I just try to cheer her up by trying to be upbeat, which doesn't always work. Worst is when she shuts me out, but it's been getting a little better again the last two weeks. But damn, this needs to be over. All you can do is try and reassure him that you're there to listen and I send lots of food. Not sure if I'm doing that more for me than her I got a present from her on Wednesday and of course I'm stuck in France

Yeah, I kinda misplanned with August but I couldn't fit any other time between school and exams so I gotta suck it up and deal. I was here february last year, when I met my GF, and it was so much nicer. Yeah, a lot of things kinda made me sad cause I wasn't doing it with her, and all I could do was show her pictures. It sucks even more when the company is sucky too

I know what you mean about procrastination. I definitely exceed in that too. Hot weather is a really good excuse though!

Well, when I was with her last summer, she was with some reserve unit in Pittsburgh and then she switched to NYC for the deployment, since she volunteered for it... Don't ask me for more details cause I don't know I've learnt so much about the US military is so short time and I think I've forgotten half of it already. Not sure what she's gonna do after she gets back. I kinda doubt she'll want to stay with that unit or at least it'll depend on where she'll move to live. As long as she goes back to reserves and no more active duty, I'll be good.
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast