Say to your new pal!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hey!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

3. We're Army Strong!
    We're Army Strong!
    I'm Beth! Can I just start with your baby girl is adorable!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

LOL Thank you!!! I'm a sucker for her big googoo eyes So it's your first deployment too, huh? How have you been doing so far? Is it a yearlong one? What genre of books do you tend to read?
    ​​​

5. We're Army Strong!
    We're Army Strong!
    I have a 4 yr old with big beautiful brown eyes so I know what you mean!
    It is my first deployment. I think overall I'm doing pretty well. Have kept myself as busy as possible. Not hard to do when you're a mommy, I'm sure you understand that now I read everything! Just love reading, right now I should be embarrassed to say I'm reading The Vampire Diaries
    How have you been doing? A year for you also? I saw you like Anthropologie too. I'm obsessed with that store!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Ah, awesome, okay!! Is he a stay-home kiddo, or does he go to pre-K or anything like that? And yeah, wow. Finding time for things like blowdrying my hair is a LOT harder than before since she doesn't really nap very much and I don't want to wake her up at night, you know? Hey, no shame, read what you enjoy! I always get shy when I tell folks what I'm reading for some reason though lol-- always have.

Luckily, it's not a year for us-- just about 7 1/2 months. He should be back sometime in August, but that depends on when their relief gets there. They were almost 2 months late relieving the ship before them. And yessss I love Anthropologie. Most of my clothes come from their clearance rack
    ​​​

7. We're Army Strong!
    We're Army Strong!
    I have a daughter, her name is Adeline. We call her Addie for short. She's a very girly girl who has quite the imagination, calls herself Princess Pinkalicious! She goes to pre-K, Kinder this fall! When she was a baby she was colic so I know exactly what you mean! I don't think I ever blowdried my hair for a couple years! Not worth waking them up
    I just got some fabulous sunglasses from Anthroplogie! Most of my kitchen stuff is from there and of course my work clothes. It's kinda addicting in there!
    So August? It still seems farway Ours is done Sept/Oct but R&R will hopefully be next month! Can't wait!
    Reading anything right now? What do you like to do during your free time (I know you don't have much of that! )?
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh my gosh, that's adorable!!!! Does she like pre-K? It's still down the road a few years, but I think the Aubs might like something like that eventually And yes ughhh when she's not crying, I'll do just about ANYTHING to keep it that way. She sleeps WONDERFULLY at night, but getting her to sleep can be a nightmare. Ahhh I really need a pair of new sunglasses! My old ones busted on the drive back out here to Virginia (made the drive from IL). And YES very addicting! I rarely let myself buy anything, so I just create huge wishlists most of the time haha!

Yep, August When he first cross-decked to the ship, we heard June, then the XO told him July and then word from his chief was that it changed to August. So that kind of sucks. But oh well, whatever-- at least it's an interesting region (he's AOR 6) with a lot of ports and widespread wifi! And I'm actually going to visit him in a port next month! I'm super excited. Aubs and I will be flying out there Should be interesting!

I'm not really reading anything right now. I keep starting books and then quitting them. I'm usually a HUGE reader, but it's so hard to read when I have to focus on her every 45 seconds or so. It breaks my focus, and so my interest in the book. I end up doing a lot of things that can be broken or ended quickly and picked back up quickly like watching stuff on Netflix, MSOSing, Pinterest, etc. A lot of online stuff. I watch movies and I love working out too, so I'll throw in a set of core exercises every here and there.

I'm training for a half marathon in April, so I'm really excited for that! It should be a BLAST! Do you have any goals that you're working towards for the deployment?
    ​​​

9. We're Army Strong!
    We're Army Strong!
    She sleeps through the night?! At 2 months? I would have killed for that My DD didn't start sleeping through the night until she was 2! She's had a lot of digestive problems so it's been a long road of sleepless nights!
    She does like Pre-K. Her new favorite game to play is to pretend to be the teacher It has definitely boosted her self-esteem around other kids and does much better socially (sharing) with others. I would recommend it.

I can't believe you get to visit him!!! That's AMAZING!! I have to warn you, in my experience traveling with a baby has been a nightmare! But, I think for you it'll def be worth it.

So you run? A half marathon is a great goal! I would love to do one. I run about 3 miles 5 times a week. It's my stress reliever! The only goal that I have set for this deployment is to get through it! Between school full-time, working 25 hrs a week and I child I hardly have any free time for anything else. Maybe I should start thinking of one Do you live on base? Like it in Virginia?
  10. We're Army Strong!
    We're Army Strong!
    Btw, some REALLY cute bathing suits at Anthropologie for your trip I was just looking this morning and I have my eye on a few..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast