Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LyndsayJ and His[♥]Love

1. ...

LyndsayJ and His[♥]Love

Advertisements
    Say to your January Pal!
    Last edited by andreacn; 01-02-2012 at 12:43 AM.
  2. Senior Member
  3. Senior Member
    How are you doing today?

4. Senior Member
    Hi! My day was pretty good. Sunday I went to Daytona with my parents. My step-mom's mom is renting a condo down there for a few months to get away from the snow in PA...this was her first weekend down there so they helped wit moving her in.

I just noticed that your birthday is Thomas and I's dating anniversary.

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun for New Years?
  5. Senior Member
    I am from PA!

You had a lucky anniversary this year! 11.22.11! I turned 22

My weekend was okay. I had a 3 day weekend, and I am beginning to hate having extra days off- it's too much time to think about everything. The only good thing is all the extra time for crafting! For NYE I went to the club on base with a couple of coworkers and their husbands to watch the fireworks in London. It was nice to get out of the house and forget my worries for a few hours. How about you? How was your New Years?

Do you have any special plans for when your DF comes home?

6. Senior Member
    What part of PA are you from?

Kinda funny that you say it was our lucky anniversary...because we BOTH forgot about it. It just completely slipped both of our minds. I told him, "Well I can't be like the typical girl that gets mad at the guy for forgetting their anniversary since I forgot it too."

I'm not a huge fan of my job...but I do love how it keeps me on a schedule...get up, go to work, gym, home...that's pretty much my weekdays.

What kind of crafts do you do? I try to be crafty but I lack creativity...currently trying to brainstorm ideas for Thomas' January care package...

We don't have any special plans for homecoming yet...but its not until May...so I've got plenty of time to think about it. What about you?
  7. Senior Member
    I am from York, which is really close to the Maryland line. It's a decently small town, but sometimes I miss it.

Where do you work? I can't say I like my job very much either. I see it as something keeping me busy until DH gets home and then I'm probably going to quit. I have my BSE in Education and I am working at a daycare. I would rather sub. I just started doing insanity again, and I am so exhausted I can't keep my eyes open by 9pm!

I do any type of craft I can. I'm too lazy to post links, but I made a piece of wall art that says "embrace the journey", and I just finished a 3 piece set of a masking tape paintings for the living room. I have more plans to finish things too- like tiling a footstool, making a "life's too short to drink cheap coffee" piece for the kitchen, and doing a paint chip painting for our bedroom. It keeps me SO busy!

When DH comes home we plan on just going to a day spa and getting couples massages. I went a few weeks ago, and I fell in love and knew he would like it too.

8. Senior Member
    My family is from the Pittsburgh area.

I work escalated online issue for Merrill Lynch's website. A lot of times I love my job - most of the issues require extensive research which, for some sadistic reason, makes me happy.

I think I saw the wall art you are referring to - you posted a thread about it, right? It looked pretty awesome if I'm thinking of the right thing. Do you get really crafty with care packages as well? If so please feel free to send any ideas you have to me! I'm trying to think of what I want to do for Thomas' January package...but I'm stumped.

I thought about scheduling a couples massage before Thomas came back from his last deployment...I started talking to people at work about it and the guys seemed really iffy about it...said I should probably talk to him first to make sure if was something he would want to do. I thought it was silly...what guy wouldn't like a massage?! Turns out, they were right...he said it would've just been really awkward for him. Ah well...saved the money at least!

I know one thing we'll be doing when he gets back it focusing a lot more of wedding planning...it's pretty difficult to plan a wedding via email!
  9. Senior Member
    Yes, I have made a couple of threads with artwork Thank you so much! It really began as a hobby, and now it is so much more!

When is your wedding date?!? (My brain is fried and can't do the math) That is so exciting that you get to look forward to having a wedding soon! Do you have a venue picked out yet? My wedding day was the best day of my life!

10. Senior Member
    We're getting married November 17, 2012 at Disney World.

I seriously can't wait!! I get so excited planning all the little details...I got my dress way too soon!! I don't have buyer's remorse at all, but I kinda wish I didn't find THE dress the first time I went shopping so that I could try more on.

Kinda funny, I actually didn't even plan on going dress shopping that day...my parents and I were at a craft store getting a few things to test out making our own invitations...were kinda hungry, but it was too early for dinner...so I jokingly said, "Well...David's Bridal is just a few stores down...we could kill some time." We didn't even have an appointment (obviously)...but I only planned on looking at the stuff on the racks...not trying any of them on...but they squeezed me in with a consultant and an hour and a half later I had decided on a dress.

I noticed you're coming up on your first anniversary soon...even though he's away do you guys have any creative ways you plan to celebrate it?

We hit the 3 month mark today. I sent Thomas a card a few days ago...it was really cute...I wrote a little message on the left side of the card...went to continue writing on the left side of the card when I saw the card ended with, 'Happy Birthday'. How I didn't notice that when I bought it in the store?! I have no clue...but I still sent it because I already wrote in it...and I think it will give him a laugh - his birthday isn't until July!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast