Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Deployment Pals works!

1. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Question How Deployment Pals works!

Advertisements
    Here are a few FAQ's that I've been asked regarding Deployment Pals and how it works. (I am no longer personally running Deployment Pals)

Q: How often are the Deployment Pal rounds?
    A: Deployment Pals rounds run every month. There will be a stickied sign up thread with the information and questionnaire for you to PM me about 1-2 weeks before the start of the month.

Q: What is a Deployment Pal?
    A: Deployment Pals is like an exchange, except you DO NOT have to send your pal a gift or anything "off-line". Your pal is someone to talk to about your deployment, vent to, offer advice if you've been through it before, and generally just someone to lean on that is going through the same thing you are. PLEASE BE SURE TO MIND OPSEC IN ALL POSTS YOU MAKE.

Q: How often do I have to contact my pal?
    A: Please contact your pal at least 3 times a week. Participating in Deployment Pals is a great way to get to know someone else on the board that knows what you're going through. If you will be unable to get online for any amount of time, please let your pal know so they don't think you're ignoring them!

Q: How do I know who my pal is? How do I contact them?

A: At the beginning of every Deployment Pals round, I will post a thread with both of your names in it in this section. For example "Rainbow Brite and Rainbow Brite, Feb/March" I will PM both of you with the link to your Deployment Pal thread, as well as sending both of you the questionnaire that you filled out when signing up for the program. You can also post visitor messages on their profile, or send your pal PM's.

Q: My pal hasn't contacted me at all! What do I do?
    A: PLEASE let me know if your pal hasn't contacted you so I can try to find someone else for you! The person will receive a warning, and if they still do not follow through will be put on the black list for those participating in exchanges.

Q: My SO will be deploying towards the middle of this rounds Deployment Pals! Is it ok if I still join?
    A: Yes, that is perfectly alright. If your SO will not be deploying during that round however, please join the next round. Even if your SO is deploying in the middle of the round, you are still expected to participate the whole time. Please remember, OPSEC! I will be keeping an eye on threads for OPSEC violations.

Q: My Pal made an OPSEC violation! What do I do?
    A: Please report the post so a staff member may take care of it ASAP! As all members that are able to participate in the Deployment Pals program have been on the board for over a month and have a minimum post count, any OPSEC violation in Deployment Pals will have an infraction attached to it. We want you to have fun and have someone to talk to, but we take OPSEC very seriously, especially since it's very obvious your SO is deployed.

Q: I have less than 500 posts, have been a member for less than a month or have not posted 25 times this month. Can I still join this round?
    A: No. While I understand that it can be frustrating to not meet the criteria, there is a reason behind the madness. We want to make sure that you are an active, participating member on the boards. These requirements are actually pretty minimal, but I wanted people to be able to participate even if they don't have a huge post count.

Q: I have an idea about Deployment Pals! Who do I contact?
    A: Please send the person running Deployment Pals a PM (andreacn). They would love to hear input from members as to how you think the exchange could be made better!

Q: I'm still confused about something. Who do I contact?
    A: Please contact andreacn! Feel free to send the person running Deployment Pals a PM with any questions you may have.
    Last edited by Rainbow Brite; 10-28-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Updates
  2. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Please let me know if I missed anything!!!
  3. Senior Member
    thanks for the info!!
  4. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Kyla. View Post
    thanks for the info!!
    No problem! Hoped that helped
  5. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

I've had a lot of questions today
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would like to participate. I think I am two days shy of my 40 days. But I have been here a month. Do I need to wait two days? Thanks! Just wondering.
  7. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beautiful_is_taken View Post
    I would like to participate. I think I am two days shy of my 40 days. But I have been here a month. Do I need to wait two days? Thanks! Just wondering.
    I think she's already gotten us paired up for Mar/April, but you can do it next month! I'm not 100% sure, but thats how I think it works.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks, I emailed her.
  9. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Your welcome!
  10. >.< *face palm* >.<
    >.< *face palm* >.<

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbird24 View Post
    I think she's already gotten us paired up for Mar/April, but you can do it next month! I'm not 100% sure, but thats how I think it works.
    Spot on

I will be posting a new thread in a few weeks for people to sign up for the next round.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast