Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~***Jessicam***~

1. Senior Member

Jump for Joy ~***Jessicam***~

Advertisements
    I thought that I would make sure that we are also on the board.

We could just make notes to eachother here. That way we get our post count up But, we can always just/and also PM each other too.
  2. Senior Member
    But, to answer some of your questions in your PM.

Do I ever miss being in the Navy?? I might if I wasn't attached to it still, but I would have to say NO!!! I do miss being in the Japanese culture though. If you are anyone gets the chance to experience it, then you should.

Apparently Chesapeake VA is in Southern Virginia. About a hour away from being at the North Carolina border. I always use my GPS cause I am retarted with where I am at.

I saw that you guys were getting married in a Vineyard. What made you decide to do that?? That sounds amazings. Are all of your wedding plans in place?

Check out

http://www.totallytoppers.com/applog...m_cake_toppers

I just have to share this woman's amazing skills in case you don't have a cake topper, or just want something in addition to. The 7th row down in the first column is something that I had her make.

I do not like writing... hahaha, but I like web design and graphic arts. But, if I start focusing on that I won't get anything else done.

I am not sure that any of us know what job we want when we "grow up". I guess that I just have to face that it is a fact of life.

I am fixing to post a pic of Ginger... Mwahahahaha. Ready 3, 2, 1...

That is cool about the very nice Christmas present. My hubby is not due home until March, but I am very lucky compared to those who do well over 7-8 month deployments (including Navy IA's).

I have a question for you... Hablas espanol? The reason I ask is because I am taking Spanish II and will need someones help.
    Last edited by ariel042200; 08-22-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: cause I am retarted
  3. jessicam
    You lived in Japan before? That's pretty awesome. I've always wanted to travel to Asia - at least to the Philippines (where my mom is from).

Yeah we're really excited about our vineyard wedding. My style's more natural and rustic, so ideally, I wanted to get married in the mountains. But the dates just didn't work out . . so when we saw the winery/vineyard in VA it was perfect. Here's a link to the winery: http://potomacpointwinery.com/

Pretty huh? And those cake toppers are so cute, by the way. Are they edible?

And awwwww Ginger's so cute. Here are two pictures of our doggy, Storm:

(I'm pretty sure she still resents me for making her wear that and taking her picture HA)

(She was younger in this one.)

Looks like Storm and Ginger would have a ball if they got together.

Y si, puedo hablar espanol. Aunque mi padre es de Cuba, el no hablaba espanol cuando mi hermana y yo eramos jovenes. Estudie espanol en la universidad y yo estudie en Espana para un verano (en 2003).

Did you catch all of that?

After I studied in Spain for that summer, my Spanish was awesome. But I've been totally out of practice and have lost a lot of it. I need to practice more, so I would love to help you!! What made you take a Spanish class?
  4. Senior Member
    I got some pictures for you. Hahaha! A couple of days and life is a changing.

Asia is pretty cool. I live in Yokosuka which is south of Tokyo.

The toilet in the floors are something else.

They go from that extreme to having toilets that have heated seats, sing to you, and is one of those that shoot up the water to clean you. Hahaha! Those are the coolest and I often wish we had those around here. As well as some other stuff that I miss.

So you are Philipina and Cuban?? I think. Please don't kill me if I am wrong.

I have no idea what I am other than Caucasian and I am a 25% french because my grandma is 100%.

The Vineyards are incredible. I am JEALOUS. Make it yours. WOW!!! Will you be doing this...

That looks like it would make some awesome pics. Are there actually grapes in it because there is no mess on the carpet where it is?

The cake toppers aren't edible. And, we didn't really use them as caketoppers we just set them on the cake table. I had two done.

Thanks for the comment on Ginger. Storm is awesome looking. In regards to playing though... Ginger is a scaredy cat and will be submissive I can promise you.

And, uh... que? I got some of it. Hahahaha!! I took spanish because I need 4 more hours of an elective to get my associates and that is what the counselor thought of.

And, for the last pic of this email...

I just took it today. I am scared and excited. I had an ectopic last January so that is why I am scared, but EXCITED because this is what I want. To be a mommy.
  5. jessicam
    Hey Ariel,

Somehow I missed the fact that you currently live in Japan . . . so awesome! Do you like it there? Do you speak a lot of Japanese now?

And yeah, I think it would be really fun if we did grape stomping during our wedding. But knowing the clutz that I am, I would get grape juice ALL over my white dress. So maybe I'll rethink that.

Ok, but most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's so exciting about your new little bun in the oven! Have you told DH yet? Will this be your first?

6. Senior Member
    Huh, I meant to say that I lived in Japan. So, you didn't miss anything. I don't live there any more. I liked being there when I was. I was actually in the Navy and stationed there when we met. I would go back as a wife, but only if dh had shore duty there. The ships are always gone and when they are in port they are always working.

The grape stomping would be awesome. I would get a dress strictly for that if you can fit it in your budget. Look on ebay for a dress. I did I actually planned and bought everything while I was in Japan. I had a coordinator that was in Wisconsin and it still turned out great.

Thank you for the congrats. Yes, I have told dh and we are both super excited. We are just anxious to make sure that the baby is in the right place this time. It will be my first carried to term baby. I do have one angel in heaven.

How is your deployment thus far? I have been going to school and trying to take care of stuff, but I am tired and unmotivated.
  7. jessicam
    Quote Originally Posted by ariel042200 View Post
    Huh, I meant to say that I lived in Japan. So, you didn't miss anything. I don't live there any more.
    Sorry I must have misread the first time around.

Those toilets are crazy. Did you have to sit down or just squat?

The deployment's going alright for me. Just staying busy and trying not to think about it. I also try not to center my emotions around whether or not he calls. (i.e. if he calls it's a good day, if he can't, I'm sad)

On top of working full-time, I started volunteering at a local animal shelter, so that has been awesome. And I'm training for a half-marathon, too . . so I'm definitely staying busy!

How's it going for you? How often do you get to talk to your DH? Do you send him a lot of packages and mail?
  8. Senior Member
    Sorry that I haven't gotten around to emailing you. I have soooo VERY tired and unmotivated to do anything. Right now I am thinking about how I would just like to lay in bed for the next couple of days.

I am not sure if I can handle classes, being a guardian, being pregnant, etc. etc. I am def way over my head in Spanish II. Ahhhhhh!!!

In regards to the Japanese toilets... yea, you have to squat to use them. But, like I said they do have "westernized" toilets.

The deployment is going about the same for me as it is for you. I wish that Devon and Justin's mom were here, but we can all use the money. Isn't that sad. I also try to not center my emotions with talking to dh on a daily basis.

That is really cool about volunteering with the animal shelter and then I def give you props for running a marathon (full, half, or a third). Have you always been physically fit and active? If so, don't ever lose that.

I can talk to my Dh every day pretty much, but his schedule is hectic and he is working long hours that talking to me takes away from his sleep. When we do talk you can tell that he is tired, aggravated, and sometimes I feel like not talking to him for a couple of days/week might be better for the both of us. I have sent Dh two packages and one letter. I would like to do more (but this is where the motivation to do something needs to kick in). I want to see dh and Justin's mom a Halloween themed care package and I am also going to send Dh a baby themed care package after my first ultrasound which will hopefully be the 9th of September. I have had two blood draws and everything seems like it is going like it should.

Have a good labor day weekend!!!
  9. Senior Member

10. Senior Member
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast