Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bush Confident Bin Laden will be captured...

1. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    are you saying that becuase of your experience with the theatre you can read the president better than the leaders of several other nations who view him as the joke he is?
    this is like a bad movie, and i'd give it a 5 on my netflix
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Nope, not at all.

I'm saying I can do it better than you did.

Specifically, I don't let other people influence my decisions. I make my decisions based on what I know and/or can deduce from what I've learned. <shrug>
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well, I'm better than both of you put together!
  4. ash
    i love the red sox
    i love the red sox
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda780
    well, I'm better than both of you put together!
    this is like a bad movie, and i'd give it a 5 on my netflix
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Now that was out of left field...
  6. Joy
    Banned
    Banned
    I try not too get into political discussions but I have a few questions.

-If we had another person as President, do you honestly think they could have done better with what they were handed?

-President Bush is just a man, so when did everyone expect one man to be perfect?

-Where do you think the state of the world would be if we, as a country, did not involve ourselves so deeply in world affairs?

I don't always agree with the man but in my opinion with what I was handed, he was the best man for the job. Are there possibly better men that would have made better decisions? Sure. I am definately right wing rebublican but if a democratic member would've shown as a better leader, I would have voted for him.

-How many of you complain about what the military are getting paid, benefits, raises, housing and so much more?

Kerry was proposing a military pay cut in spending, including pay, spread over the next so many years. Voting for him, IMO, would've been biting my nose off to spite my face. If Bush is a pushover and a backwoods country idiot, then that's alot better than some of the womanizing, irresponsible, crooked Presidents we've had in the past.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    -President Bush is just a man, so when did everyone expect one man to be perfect?

-Where do you think the state of the world would be if we, as a country, did not involve ourselves so deeply in world affairs?
    Whilst I'm not getting into a long-winded debate about George Bush, I'm pretty sure similar quotes were made about Hitler back in the 1930s..
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda780
    Whilst I'm not getting into a long-winded debate about George Bush, I'm pretty sure similar quotes were made about Hitler back in the 1930s..
    How do you think he is anything like Hitler? I am curious to see your ideas about this.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbijo514
    How do you think he is anything like Hitler? I am curious to see your ideas about this.
    As I said, I dont want to get into a heated debate - the last thing I want to do is get people rattled. I'm just saying that the quotes I picked out from Joy's post are things that were said about Hitler in the 1930s. Some people were against his actions in invading Poland and others thought he was doing the right thing. It's exactly the same with Bush now. The situation that caused WW2 was slightly different, but in essence Germany saw the Treaty of Versailles (a treaty brought about after WW1 that prevented Germany from having a military, saw trading ships handed over to the Allies and forced Germany to give up $33billion in damages and various territories across the globe) as unjust. Hitler made it his responsibility to defy all of the charges made on Germany through the treaty. In this way, I see marked similarities between Hitler and Bush and I understand why there are lots of people who follow him as well as lots of people who dont like what he's doing.
  10. Senior Member
    Zelda, I like you!

I would like to add to the statement about Hitler. I am not sure how many people know this, but the Nazi party actually came to power through a Democratic process. Over the period of a few years, the Nazi party gained more and more seats in the Reichstag. Also, Hitler was peacefully chosen as the German chancellor.
    This is why I am of the opinion that just because the majority of the people vote for a person, does not necessarily make the person the best choice. If we look at the country from an economic standpoint, we are actually a little worse off than before. We have returned to a federal defecit and have been outsourcing jobs. I am not sure of the amount of unemployed that we currently have, though. While I am all for tax cuts, I do not believe that tax cuts during a time of war are a good idea. The money has to come from somewhere.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast