Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polygamists

1. JMM
    Advertisements
    I should rephrase that.

In the case of poly, whoever is involved, as long as they are consenting adults.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I figure if it is what the man & woman agree on, then so be it! But when it comes to children, ah uh! That is morally & ethically wrong & so very sad! Those poor children! I bet they will have serious emotional issues growing up!
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  3. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    I have nothing agasint pologamy. EXCEPT for the people who like in UTAH abuse the system, their children, and each other. IT is disgusting that young girls are bethroed to men 3 times their age, forced to bear children and then depend on the system to help feed and cloth their children.

Now as for everyday people in the world wo pratice polgamy with fellow consentiual of age adults I see nothing wrong with it, considering it was practiced before in the bible until society starting viewing it as wrong and disgusting.

4. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    im gonna make my viewpoint short. im married to one man. i couldnt be married to more than one man and i sure as heck wouldnt like it if my hubby had more than one wife. to much jealously involved. at least for me it would be. LOL. but i think its wrong anyway. but im not gonna pass judgement on anyone who does it. but like debra says when it comes to the kids . no way do not abuse them in any way shape or form. and if those adults are consensual about it fine. im not saying im for it though.

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    What I posted about isn't about couples swinging, in general.

It was about what I watched in regards to what happens in Utah, therefore what is happening in the US all over. How children & women are being treated b/c of this RELIGION. Not b/c the couples are swingers.
  6. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well i wasnt referring to swingers . i think that was someone else.

7. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well the only religion i can think of is the M one. but i dont think thats it. is it?

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Mormon?

lol, nope that's not it...
  9. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    ok thats good. i didnt think they would do stuff like that.

10. Senior Member
    I don't know a lot about this and don't know about the children sexually abused. Obviously, if there is abuse that is disgusting and unlawful to boot. However, as far as the idea of polygamy in general there are people who believe in that and feel it is an acceptable lifestyle for them. Also, the "brainwashing" of women to obey their man isn't just a polygamy thing, this happens in other religions and plain old monogamy relationships, abusive or not. It is a religion to them, it is a set of codes, beliefs that they follow. By LAW, the man cannot take the children away from the woman if she decides to leave and give a different life to her children. She stays because according to their RELIGION, the man keeps the kids.
    What about the domination of the males over females in the Islamic communities? Is Islam not a viable religion because of these traditions? No, and where religion is NOT law, these can't be upheld by law yet many women stay part of it.
    Whether I believe in it or not is not relevant. Also, I doubt that in EVERY polygamist family there is sexual abuse.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast