Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polygamists

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Coming from Utah, I know all to well about Polygamy and Yes it is DISGUSTING. I honestly feel for the children they bring into this world, they are so isolated and treated so cruely. It's amazing to hear what their beliefs are and ways of living. It is just purely sick and wrong.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda780
    As, I said - I cant really give an opinion as I dont know enough about it. I just thought you might find it interesting to read.

Ahhh...sorry, I just got really worked up after watching that show. I was just very moved by it.
  3. Breezy
    I think it is disgusting too.
    I would never OBEY a man so it wouldn't work for me anyways Not to mention the other crap that goes on wouldn't work either
    I refused to have obey in my wedding vows too
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    These people believe it's ok though b/c they feel God ASKED them to do this. HOwever, it seems to be a coverup b/c if that is true, why are women starting to turn away and seek help? I definetely see how it can be viewed as a cult.

(I really would not be a good debator, lol. I'd be screaming and getting too worked up. I'm too passionate when it comes to certain things. I yell to get my point across )
  5. New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    I don't know anything about it either but thats nuts..

Pregnant with baby #2 !!!

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    People hide a whole multitude of actions under the guise of religion! I think when it comes to things like polygamy or ploygyny, some people are going to be for it and others will be against it. However, I dont agree with forcing the people who dont agree with it to enter into ploygamous relationships.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by zelda780
    I think when it comes to things like polygamy or ploygyny, some people are going to be for it and others will be against it.
    And thats what a lot of the men said on the show: "it's not for everyone"...

Which a lady then said that some women will say this (those in this type of "religion") , saying how it's so great, the man is so wonderful to their kids & how great of a husband he is, but really- the women are hiding the issues.

I normally won't get like this when it comes to debates b/c I feel I don't have ALL the knowledge I need to form an exact opinion...but I dont know, this show was just very moving and even Nikki, whose from utah, stated this is true.

There are also instances where the state has tried to interfere.

So it's not all "hearsay".
  8. Lilithdrff
    I saw a show about American polygamists a while back, and I can sincerely say that I was physically ill after watching it. It's just a sick thing, the brainwashing those men do to all those women, ugh.
    As far as poligamy in other countries, I really don't know much about them, so I can't really give an informed opinion on that.
  9. Senior Member
    I saw something like that on Opera or maybe it was DR. Phil not to long ago. I think its awful. Just awful. Those poor kids dont even know life can be different.
  10. JMM
    Organized religon is evil. <ducking>

What is it these Polys do to their children? What is the physical and sexual abuse? Is it specific to this one "sect"?

As any sexuality/marital preference goes (like swinging), as long as it's *two consenting adults* involved, have at it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast