Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Im unamerican somedays i guess

1. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot

Im unamerican somedays i guess

Advertisements
    Does it really matter anymore what was bothering me in the first place
    Last edited by Chevy_Gurl; 02-21-2006 at 09:39 PM.

2. mamaoftwins+1
    i couldnt agree w/ you more when i lived in florida i was the only white girl in my town!!!! they called it little mexico now i have alot of mexican friends dont get me wrong but i hated goin to school and not know what the hell everyone was saying and feeling like an outcast in my own country!!! and alot of them were there illegally my best friend was here illagally until is mom gave birth in the states (i wont even get started on that one) i think they should all have to pay state taxes just as we do!
  3. Kym
    I feel strongly on this subject. One big reason why we won't put our daughter in the public school down the road is because they FORCE them to learn spanish. If it was an elective and she wanted to learn it in a higher grade then by all means, learn it but don NOT force my kndergartener to learn it because they don't want to teach english. Kids that are in grade K are only there for 2 hours and some odd minutes a day and don't need to be forced to learn a foreign language.
    We also don't go to Walmart here either. Alot of people give us the death stare because my husband can not and will not keep his mouth shut while we are out and about. Gets old hearing "you're in our country, speak f'cking english". He makes every effort possible to learn other languages while in port in another country because that is the courteous thing to do, why can't they learn it here?
  4. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym
    I feel strongly on this subject. One big reason why we won't put our daughter in the public school down the road is because they FORCE them to learn spanish. If it was an elective and she wanted to learn it in a higher grade then by all means, learn it but don NOT force my kndergartener to learn it because they don't want to teach english. Kids that are in grade K are only there for 2 hours and some odd minutes a day and don't need to be forced to learn a foreign language.
    We also don't go to Walmart here either. Alot of people give us the death stare because my husband can not and will not keep his mouth shut while we are out and about. Gets old hearing "you're in our country, speak f'cking english". He makes every effort possible to learn other languages while in port in another country because that is the courteous thing to do, why can't they learn it here?

We didnt have this problem before. Yeah there where spanish speaking students in her other classes but the teachers always spoke english. Now that we moved down here to Chula Vista and we are closer to the border its gotten soo much worse.

5. Senior Member
    Oh god.. I dont want to even get started on this topic.. becuase I could go on on ..!!! But Michelle I totally now how you feel!!!
  6. RockstarMom
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym
    YES, the Walmart out there is BY FAR the worst I have ever been to. We've lived in a lot of racially diverse areas, but never been forced to learn someone else's language. We live in America. The MAIN language we speak is English. I could go on and on, but I don't want to offend anyone.
  7. Breezy
    it is the same way here Michele
    Pisses me off too
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyIrishFamily
    We live in America. The MAIN language we speak is English. I could go on and on, but I don't want to offend anyone.

I completely agree
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyIrishFamily
    We live in America. The MAIN language we speak is English. I could go on and on, but I don't want to offend anyone.
    I completely agree with that.
  10. Breezy
    Oh well get this HERE they have enchiladas, fahitas(sp) Tacos, frito salad, quesidias (sp) ALL the TIME
    They get pizza once a month IF they don't change it. I have no problem with them getting that as a choice but don't put Frito salad and quesidias on the same day
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast