Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Im unamerican somedays i guess

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Advertisements

Breezy you are one passionate woman!

2. Breezy
    And we aren't that damn close to the border! Close enough but it isn't like SD!
    Sorry Michelle I am pissed now though
  3. KevzQueen
    That would bother me too. It seems like they would learn twice as slow if the teacher would have to repeat everything in spanish. It was a big culture shock when I moved to CA when I was only 19 and heard all the spanish and saw on ads that I had to speak spanish to get a job. I'd never been around that before (spanish, mexicans, or ads like that). I know that companies do it to better serve their customers, but if the spanish speaking would HAVE to learn english, then those of us who have been speaking english all our lives would have even more job opportunities.
  4. RockstarMom
    Quote Originally Posted by Brialee
    Aww, thanks. I guess Mario Batali was wrong and I should write him a letter.
  5. Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach

Breezy you are one passionate woman!

Rach it just pisses me off when everything comes down to being Racist!
    My kids should have choices PERIOD just as any other child should.
    If i lived in mexico then I would expect to eat MEXICAN food. But BY GOD we are in America It shouldn't be 90% another cultures food and 10% American that is BS!!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I hear ya woman...calm down before you give yourself a heartattack, lol.

Maybe someone should start a debate about this? I sense it could get pretty fun
  7. Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by KevzQueen
    That would bother me too. It seems like they would learn twice as slow if the teacher would have to repeat everything in spanish. It was a big culture shock when I moved to CA when I was only 19 and heard all the spanish and saw on ads that I had to speak spanish to get a job. I'd never been around that before (spanish, mexicans, or ads like that). I know that companies do it to better serve their customers, but if the spanish speaking would HAVE to learn english, then those of us who have been speaking english all our lives would have even more job opportunities.
    DING DING DING!!!!!
    Kevs got it right!!!!
    THEY should HAVE to learn English not the other way around.
    They force it on my kids here too But we were able to choose JUST HOW much they HAD to learn!! THANK GOD and my rights as an American!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    I NEVER SAID THAT PIZZA WAS AMERICAN DID I??????
    I am just saying that there should be choices!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In Virginia we had a lot of oriental foods BUT they had a Normal kids choice as the other.
    WHY THE HELL SHOULD I PACK MY KIDS LUNCH????????
    we pay taxes just likeMOST fucking people here
    OH and just so you know I have said something to the food board THANK YOU!!!!!
    And I am not the only person who has complained about it!
    OOOkay, a bit over the top, you can take it down a notch. So are you guys working on submitting a menu for approval soon. I'm just thinking most people are happy their kids are fed. I mean, that wouldn't be on the top of my things to complain about when it comes to school. I get you though, but like Rach said, it's part of where you live. Maybe you're husband will get transferred to a more "American" part of the country soon so your kids can go back to eaten a more "American" lunch.
  9. Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach
    I hear ya woman...calm down before you give yourself a heartattack, lol.

Maybe someone should start a debate about this? I sense it could get pretty fun
    I guess I have to stop
    Or I will be labeled a racist
  10. Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brialee
    OOOkay, a bit over the top, you can take it down a notch. So are you guys working on submitting a menu for approval soon. I'm just thinking most people are happy their kids are fed. I mean, that wouldn't be on the top of my things to complain about when it comes to school. I get you though, but like Rach said, it's part of where you live. Maybe you're husband will get transferred to a more "American" part of the country soon so your kids can go back to eaten a more "American" lunch.
    No the people in this district are not worried and "happy" that their kids are being fed
    Most people in this district have houses that are 350,000- 1,000,000 homes I don't think they are worried that their kids will starve.
    It felt as if YOU were attacking me so yeah I got mad!
    And my kids love food from other cultures BUT it shouldn't be EVERY flipping day.
    They have Nuggets, pizza, hamburger or hotdogs etc... maybe once a month that is it. That is my compaint!
    Cause if we want to get into nutrition ain't none of it healthy! Mexican or not!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast