Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: abortions

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundi
    It's nice to see that you feel that way. I have just always really questioned people who do have the negativity towards public assistance, while being against abortion. The two go hand in hand in so many ways. I wish more people felt the way you do
    I also have nothing against public assistance at all.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundi
    It's nice to see that you feel that way. I have just always really questioned people who do have the negativity towards public assistance, while being against abortion. The two go hand in hand in so many ways. I wish more people felt the way you do

I absolutely agree with you! I do know a lot of people milk the system and I believe there should be more stringent guidelines and requirements to be on public assistance, but I absolutely agree with helping families and women who WANT to better themselves and eventually get off the assistance when they are in a better situation. I do know a lot of women have abortions because they are in terrible situations financially. I would have absolutely no problem with that mother being on public assistance for long enough to ensure that she and her child were on a better road. Like I said, I do know people abuse it and I am not claiming for this to be a perfect solution. In all honesty, I am not an expert in the area of public assistance and I know it's easier said than done for a lot of this stuff. But I do truly believe that if we ever do ban abortion and/or if a woman's reason for wanting to abort is soley because of financial issues, we should offer some assistance to help these families stay together. I think if america would work more on keeping families together, we could be come a better society as a whole. Like I said, I'm not an expert,but this is what I would like to see happen.
  3. Lilithdrff
    One Strike and You're Out: Any woman can have a SINGLE abortion in her lifetime, paid for by the state/fed government with no questions asked, no one informed. Any future abortions will require the consent of her parents (if she is a minor,) and the consent of a state appointed psychiatrist/psychologist if she is above the age of 18. In either instance, the father's permission will be required, as well. Both mother AND father will be required to visit the psychiatrist/psychologist.
    I could support something like that. It gives people who legitimaly had a "mistake", rape, or problem during pregnancy a chance; and it would stop or at least slightly discourage some women who use abortion as a birth control method.
    I would not support late term abortion under any circumstances however. If anyone needs to have one, it would need to be within the first 8 weeks.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I am prolife. They are wrong in every way IMO.
  5. New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    New MOMMY and LOVING it !!!!
    Prolife... Enough said...

Pregnant with baby #2 !!!

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    And I would be PISSED off to know my tax dollars are going towards helping women have an abortion!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567