Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: The WIC debate

1. mamaoftwins+1
    Advertisements
    but you were on wic and what were you ashamed of it? or were you happy that it was there for you? if it wasnt for his promotion would you have still been on it? it helped you out for 6 months. what would you have done without wic? its ok if your child needs special formula to be on wic but not reg formula is that it?
  2. Jennifer
    You can find recipes online. I know Tricare has nutritionists available. I am also very intelligent and can find stuff on the net if I need stuff. I am just saying WIC is not the only place to find info.
  3. Jennifer
    No I wasn't proud of it. I hated it. IMO it was shameful. I wanted to breastfeed and my son wouldn't take to it. HE was allergic to a lot of things. THey put him on that formula and he thrived. IF WIC wasnt there we would have gotten it from the doctor.
  4. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Who on earth gets educated??? WHo especially if you continue to go back and use the system.
    I for one was educated on breastfeeding. I learned everything from them since my mom never bf me and I was 18 with no one else to ask. They were the ones who helped me when I was on my own at 20 married, my husband in the field for 6 weeks at a time, and I had no clue how to console a baby who ended up being allergic to formula and i couldn't get into the damn er becuase it was shut down due to rolling black outs. I never once said I stayed on the program and sucked them dry of their resources. I used them for a yr with Anya. 2 months with Schyular and never once with Timmy. I wasn't bragging i was curious about who else used their services. I am very grateful for them and what they do for women esp teen mothers who have nothing or no one to help them in proper feeding of their children

5. mamaoftwins+1
    i agree wic isnt the only place you can find info but it is nice to attend these classes and ask questions about certain things and sign up for additional classes you cant get the interaction you get from a class online . did you not take these classes when they were available to you.
  6. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    You can find recipes online. I know Tricare has nutritionists available. I am also very intelligent and can find stuff on the net if I need stuff. I am just saying WIC is not the only place to find info.

No one said WIC is the ONLY place. Some people cant navigate the internet so well. You normally have to have a referral to see a Tricare nutritionist which WIC can provide. ALSO, nothing replaces sitting face to face with a dietitian to discuss a particular issue.
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  7. Wah Its called life idiot
    How many teen moms do you know that have access to the internet? Seriously? I still volunteer at the teen parent center at my old high school. More then half of the girls there don't have internet access let a lone their own computer. And how many peole really have a good health care plan. I still remember the days of being a teen mom and no health insurance it took all my energy to get seen by someone who wouldnt cost me an arm and a leg

8. Jennifer
    Well anyway that is how I feel about WIC. Thank for your opinions ladies. I will not change my mind on this. Those of you that feel I am ignorant you don't know me so that is a ignorant statement to make.
  9. mamaoftwins+1
    so you needed wic to help you. and it was ok for you to be on it but if we are on it and not shameful then thats wrong?
  10. Wah Its called life idiot
    Well anyway that is how I feel about WIC. Thank for your opinions ladies. I will not change my mind on this. Those of you that feel I am ignorant you don't know me so that is a ignorant statement to make.
    No but your posts on this topic speak miles for you

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast