Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: South Dakota bans abortion

1. Jennifer

South Dakota bans abortion

Advertisements
    http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail2817.cfm?Id=0,45916

02/10/2006
    SD House Approves Abortion Ban
    The South Dakota House has passed a bill that would nearly ban all abortions in the state, ushering the issue to the state Senate.

Supporters are pushing the measure in hopes of drawing a legal challenge that will cause the US Supreme Court to reverse its 1973 decision legalizing abortion.

The bill banning all abortions in South Dakota was passed 47-to-22 in the House.

Amendments aimed at carving out exemptions for rape, incest and the health of women were rejected.

The bill does contain a loophole that allows abortions if women are in danger of dying. Doctors who do those abortions could not be prosecuted.

I think this is just horrible. I will march till my feet fall off to fight my rights to do what I want with my body. GODAMN THESE FRIGGIN POLITICIANS!!!!!!!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    That's messed up If they're going to do that they should at the very least make amendments for rape victims etc.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how long before birth control or requesting your husband permission for birth control will be on the table. Wow. The next several years should prove to be very "interesting".
    Last edited by dollface; 02-12-2006 at 11:53 PM.
  4. navymansbabe
    Im against abortion to a point. I also agree that they should allow rape victims to get them legally.
    i have conflicting thoughts about this subject. i mean with making it illegal it will just cause women to get them from bad doctors, or go to other countries and end up even worse (because as Americans we are spolied and have to get what we want when we want it and will do anything to get it.) but on the other hand i am against abortion.... so i dont know! i guess they should just have a better screening system when doctors are deciding who to give abortions to. it is defiently not a form of birth control!
    i just wanted to add something, about the birth control comment. birth control and abortions are two different things. an abortion is killing a living human being, and birth control is just preventing it from forming.
    ok i could go on and on so im just going to stop here. please dont jump down my throat. im allowed to have my opnion too.
    Last edited by navymansbabe; 02-13-2006 at 02:57 AM.
  5. Jennifer
    I won't jump down your throat. I also don't think abortion should be used as b/c.
    I do think, however, that I should have the right to choose if I want one. I don't want some politician telling me what I can and can't do with my own body. This country is going down the toilet quicker then shit. I am officially down with Bush. I am done with him. He needs to get the hell out NOW.
  6. Kat
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    I will say that is great. I agree with it all BUT this...
    Amendments aimed at carving out exemptions for rape, incest and the health of women were rejected
    They really should have amended those.
  7. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    i say good for them. i'm tired of the double standard that it's not okay to murder and you can get charged for double murder if you kill a pregnant woman but it's okay for a woman to do what she wants to her body, even if it means killing a baby.
  8. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Personally I am apalled by this. for someone else to take my own choice out of my hands on what I want for my body or for what is for the best. I feel soo deeply sad for all the women who are being affected by this ridiculous ruling. Ugh Im soo friggen mad over this right now.

Abortion should not be used as BC however if a women has mad a full well informed decision no one has the right to tell her no

9. navymansbabe
    Quote Originally Posted by mara_jade81
    i say good for them. i'm tired of the double standard that it's not okay to murder and you can get charged for double murder if you kill a pregnant woman but it's okay for a woman to do what she wants to her body, even if it means killing a baby.
    i agree.
  10. Jennifer
    I totally disagree with that opinion. It's not a baby until it can be viable on it's own. I disagree with abortion after 12 weeks.

Mara~If you are talking about the Scott Peterson case. When he killed Laci that baby was only a month or so from being born. I agree he should have been charged with double murder. When women are murdered and only a couple months pregnant, they dont charge the person with double murder. SO that argument doesn't apply.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast