Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: South Dakota bans abortion

1. Kat
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi
    Amen to that.

When you start making claims such as "a baby isn't a baby until after 12 weeks", then the abortion debate actually turns into another debate all on it's own. When does life begin? Conception? When they are viable on their own? And who decides when a baby is supposedly viable? When the heart beat starts? Birth? When they take their first breath of air?

For me, it's simple. Life begings at conception. There is no magic moment after conception where life just all of a sudden starts. Life begings at conception, in my opinion. It is not my God given right to take another life. That's means I can not take the life of a baby in the womb at any point- not at 5 weeks, not at 8 weeks, not 12 or 15 or 30. To me, it's life. Life is life is life. I believe each baby who is conceived is a miracle with a soul from the time it is created. When I miscarried my babies, I never once thought it was okay just because it was a little blob of cells or tissue. I seriously felt like a little soul had left the earth To me, there is no shade of gray on this subject.

I'm sorry some of you are pissed about it, but I support it 100%.
    Beautifully said.
  2. JMM
    I read that earlier and I think it is an OUTRAGE. Absolutely unbeleiveable.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Brandi & Mara~Very well said & I agree totally! I am pro-life so that pretty much states where I stand on this issue!

Quote Originally Posted by JenLom
    That is a another debate to me too. Because I am don't believe in women having miscarriage after miscarriage and keep on trying. To me it's the same thing as abortion.
    WOW! That's pretty crappy! I had 3 miscarriages. I guess I should have given up & not had my beautiful daughter. Or even my son after my first miscarriage. As much as I long for the 3 children I lost, my life would suck if I didn't have these 2 gifts from God.

Gosh, I just want to cry! Your statement hurts very much & very deeply! I think my husband would divorce me if he thought of me as an abortionist & I guess that is what several of us here are in your eyes!
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra
    Gosh, I just want to cry! Your statement hurts very much & very deeply! I think my husband would divorce me if he thought of me as an abortionist & I guess that is what several of us here are in your eyes!
    Don't let it upset you I have had 6 miscarriages between my two precious angels. No doctor could ever pinpoint exactly why and I was advised to wait at least 6 weeks between them, then try again when I was ready. In no shape or form can or should miscarriages be compared to abortion. Miscarriage is caused by nature, not by surgery or on purpose. I may have had several miscarriages but I would not have my two children without having had them. I did nothing to cause them, my doctors did not know what was causing them and I will be damned if I'm just going to sit back and say its okay to not ever try for a child because nature has selectively terminated some of my pregnancies.

I do not think people who have abortions are bad people- not at all. It is just not something I believe in. I, personally, could never INTENTIONALLY and purposely terminate a pregnancy, no matter how far along I was.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Jen...I guess I am confused...

You support abortion. Its the womans right to do with her body what she wants...But you feel having multiple miscarriages is wrong..Because its the same as abortion? I am kind of confused about that....

Miscarraige is natural. It isnt a women deciding they do not want the baby. It is a woman trying desperatly to have the family she so desired. A woman who loves this child and unfortuantly something happens. So yeah they try again. I tried for EThan for 9.5 years. I had 1 m/c in between then. Had I of had more yes I still woulda tried..

Didnt mean to threadjack
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM
    I read that earlier and I think it is an OUTRAGE. Absolutely unbeleiveable.

Do you mind me asking why you are "OUTRAGED" by this law passing, but you get so upset about circumcision? I dunno, I guess since you are so much for children's rights, I figured this would be something you would support. Do you feel that mom's rights should be valued more than the unborn baby's? Just trying to understand your reasoning for not supporting the child's rights (in the case of living) in one situation but are so supportive of the child's rights in another (in the case of keeping their foreskin).
  7. Jennifer
    I did not say that. I think when a doctor tells you that every pregnancy will end in miscarriage but women just keep getting pregnant is wrong. I have had an abortion and two miscarriages.

I had an abortion when I was 18 due to not practicing safe sex. If I had that baby there is no way I could have taken care of it. So I chose to have an abortion. MY CHOICE not any politician who knows nothing about my life. When I was 22 I had a miscarriage due to getting pregnant too soon after my son was born. I just had a miscarriage a little over a year ago. The doctor said something was wrong with the baby, probably because of family genetics when it comes to age. So I won't be trying to have any more kids not because I don't want to. Because I don't want to raise a special needs child.

I think that women getting pregnant over and over again when the docs warn them is wrong. Those of you that think it's a baby right from the start are essentially getting pregnant knowings it won't make it is wrong. ITS MY OPINION.
    I did not jump anyone butt for theirs so don't do it to me.
  8. RockstarMom
    well, this is a debate forum and it's to be expected that when you make a comment and do not elaborate on your reasoning that you will be "jumped on". Just the way it is.
  9. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    Being asked for further information or clarification is not being jumped on
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JenLom

I think that women getting pregnant over and over again when the docs warn them is wrong. Those of you that think it's a baby right from the start are essentially getting pregnant knowings it won't make it is wrong. ITS MY OPINION.
    I did not jump anyone butt for theirs so don't do it to me.

Well, I agree with you there, but you didn't say that if your first post. When a woman is given doctors orders or strong recommendation to not get pregnant because the likelihood of miscarriages is very high, I would have to agree that getting pregnant time and time again, having miscarriage after miscarriage, after being warned, that isn't a smart choice.

But, most of the time, miscarriages are pretty random, unless there are special circumstances, like a known health problem, age issues, etc. So, most women who miscarry, even if she has multiple ones, are just taking a 50/50 chance. 75% of ALL pregnancies actually end in miscarriage but most are before the woman even knows she is pregnant.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast