Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: South Dakota bans abortion

1. navymansbabe
    Advertisements
    i think if someone has a strong opnion about this topic no one is going to be able to change their minds. right? i know it would be damn hard to change mine. my husband and i talk about it some times, and we just have to agree to disagree cause we could go back and forth forever. lol.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JenLom
    I think this is just horrible. I will march till my feet fall off to fight my rights to do what I want with my body. GODAMN THESE FRIGGIN POLITICIANS!!!!!!!
    Damn straight!!! Motherfuckers!!

I would be willing to bet a $1 million that when some south dakota politician gets his mistress pregnant he'll be more than willing to ship her out of state and pay for her abortion.
  3. Senior Member
    Justice Alito was in favor of legislation requiring a woman to request her husband's permission before obtaining an abortion when he was is PA. The Bush regime (this is not an administration, it is a regime!) has been against a woman's right to choose ever since the beginning. One of the first things that was done was to pass a bill banning partial-birth abortions. Since then, they have tried to wittle away at such things as Title IX, domestic violence protection, and family planning. They are still trying to restrict access to safe legal contraception.
    The current regime is proof that a narrowminded individual can enforce his circa-1950's, uber backwards, personal beliefs on a nation that is by definition of constant change. I have heard the following saying many times, now I believe more and more each day: If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament. We still exist in a patriarichal society, whether we like it or not! We used to be easing up on that, but not any more!
    If you can't trust me with a choice, why would you trust me with a child?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mara_jade81
    i say good for them. i'm tired of the double standard that it's not okay to murder and you can get charged for double murder if you kill a pregnant woman but it's okay for a woman to do what she wants to her body, even if it means killing a baby.

Amen to that.

When you start making claims such as "a baby isn't a baby until after 12 weeks", then the abortion debate actually turns into another debate all on it's own. When does life begin? Conception? When they are viable on their own? And who decides when a baby is supposedly viable? When the heart beat starts? Birth? When they take their first breath of air?

For me, it's simple. Life begings at conception. There is no magic moment after conception where life just all of a sudden starts. Life begings at conception, in my opinion. It is not my God given right to take another life. That's means I can not take the life of a baby in the womb at any point- not at 5 weeks, not at 8 weeks, not 12 or 15 or 30. To me, it's life. Life is life is life. I believe each baby who is conceived is a miracle with a soul from the time it is created. When I miscarried my babies, I never once thought it was okay just because it was a little blob of cells or tissue. I seriously felt like a little soul had left the earth To me, there is no shade of gray on this subject.

I'm sorry some of you are pissed about it, but I support it 100%.
  5. Jennifer
    That is a another debate to me too. Because I am don't believe in women having miscarriage after miscarriage and keep on trying. To me it's the same thing as abortion.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    That is a another debate to me too. Because I am don't believe in women having miscarriage after miscarriage and keep on trying. To me it's the same thing as abortion.
    I'm sorry you feel that way, Jen. I respectfully and totally disagree. I won't even debate that one with you.
  7. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    One good reason to move to South Dakota!!!!
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    This topic is very close to my heart so I'll give my story/opinion and then butt out! I was raped/abused by a former boyfriend when I was 18/19. I got pregnant as a result of it but was beaten to the point where I miscarried. If I hadn't of miscarried I would've got an abortion. I know people are against this but I could not honestly say that I could bring up a child knowing the way it was concieved and who it's father was. And at that age, I wasn't fully prepared to be a mother. I dont know how I would've acted if the choice was taken away from me and I would've had to give birth to it.

The choice is there to prevent people from taking other measures - for eg. from Medieval times onward women used to drink bottles of gin to get rid of an unwanted baby. This worked in some cases, but in others it just resulted in teratogenesis (where the limbs of the baby dont form properly). Then there's the girls who get really desperate and try to pierce the placenta with a knitting needle. I wont go into the medical cases that arise from those situations! Taking away the choice wont just traumatise a lot of people, it could medically do more harm than good.
  9. RockstarMom
    I'm really sorry you feel this way. I wouldn't have the beautiful children I do have today if I just "gave up". I also refuse to debate this one any further.
  10. KevzQueen
    I'm so sorry that happened to you, Z.

I think that as bad as abortion is, people should have the choice to do it if they want to.

People who miscarriage usually do nothing to cause it. How is that the same?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast