Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: gun control

1. Senior Member

gun control

Advertisements
    I keep hearing "don't bring up gun control after a shooting, be respectful."

Mister Rogers said, "If it's mentionable, it's manageable."
    So when can we mention it?

I don't think banning guns is the solution, but shouldn't the person who sold a man who was dishonorably discharged (the equivelant of a felony) be held accountable? Shouldn't we have a way to deter people from selling to people who cannot legally own guns?

I say this, as a gun owner.

The shooting near San Antonio, the youngest victim I have read was four.
    I am sick over it.
    “There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  2. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    The first time someone is hit by a truck, the usual response is “oh my God, are you okay?”

The fiftieth time, the response is “Again? Stop walking into traffic!”

Guys, stop walking into traffic. I don’t know how, but something clearly isn’t working as it should.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000003

Of fucking course this white man is labeled as mentally ill. No, he's a terrorist. Also, too soon, Trump? A little bit soon? Was Sandy Hook too soon? Pulse? Charleston? How many innocent people have to be killed at churches, concerts, nightclubs, schools, and playgrounds before it's not "a little bit soon"? How many parents have to lose their children? How many people lose their parents, their partners, their friends? How many times will lawmakers call it a "mental health" problem (but only for white men, of course) while pocketing money from the NRA? The GOP makes me sick. Don't send your prayers, don't send your thoughts. Send a fucking letter, call your senators, and insist on tighter gun laws.
  4. Senior Member
    From what I read a neighbor came out with a shot gun and started shooting at the man shooting up the church so him having a gun may have actually prevented the shooter from killing everyone in the church as he ran him off before he was "done"
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMP1984 View Post
    From what I read a neighbor came out with a shot gun and started shooting at the man shooting up the church so him having a gun may have actually prevented the shooter from killing everyone in the church as he ran him off before he was "done"
    Of course the whole thing could have been prevented if the shooter hadn’t had a gun in the first place.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    Of course the whole thing could have been prevented if the shooter hadn’t had a gun in the first place.
    Oh obviously - I'm simply saying in this instance a bystander having a gun was able to help stop the attack. I cannot see the US changing the gun laws.... That being said, I think there are many European countries the US could learn from as far their gun laws. There are places where even cops don't carry guns! The US could also learn from universal healthcare or free college programs but honestly I don't think we'll see any real change in our lifetimes...
  7. Senior Member
    yes, the bystander may have helped the situation.

I will GLADLY register my guns if it meant that when something like this happened, the person who sold him the guns when he could not legally own them, would be held accountable.
  8. Senior Member
    although, I bought mine from a shop that ran a background check and has the serial numbers, so I think they are registered?
  9. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Honestly, if someone wants to buy a gun, they will find a way to buy a gun. Whether it's legally purchased or they buy it off someone off the street, they're going to find a way.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    Honestly, if someone wants to buy a gun, they will find a way to buy a gun. Whether it's legally purchased or they buy it off someone off the street, they're going to find a way.
    but wouldn't accoubtibility of sellers be a deterrant? Wouldn't it at least HELP the situation?
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast