Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Take a Knee

1. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.

Take a Knee

Advertisements
    What are your thoughts on the NFL #takeaknee protest?

life's a party, rock your body
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I just don't understand why so many people say that it's disrespectful to the military??

The national anthem doesn't have anything to do with the military, imo, so that thought process is foreign to me.

But yeah, I think it's good that they are exercising their right to peaceful protest.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    What's your opinion?

I think it's well within their rights, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Why should Colin Kaepernick and others be ostracized/out of a job for doing something perfectly legal and within their rights, when other NFL players are facing next to no consequences for killing dogs, spousal abuse + domestic violence, DUIs, etc? That's a thought for another thread though. I support the freedom of speech and protest, therefore I support the right to protest and stand up for others. Americans need to wake up and realize the daily injustices happening and reevaluate the things they're willing to actually educate themselves on and fight for. I've never really given a flying fuck about professional sports/the NFL (especially given how many team owners have contributed to Trump), but the people I notice on my timeline that are upset about this are completely missing the mark and also jump straight to blaming one side or the other (anyone who calls someone else a "trumptard" or a "libtard" is a damn idiot). I have seen a lot of "veterans fight for our the flag, this is so disrespectful" posts, but the reality is actually that they're fighting for the Constitution aka the right to protest sooooooooo. I also thought this article was pretty interesting.

It's ridiculous and embarrassing that the US president is more concerned with Twitter wars than, I dunno, actual war? Global warming? Myanmar? The complete destruction of Puerto Rico?
    Last edited by KittenMittens; 09-25-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: because i've never had a cohesive thought ever
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I just don't understand why so many people say that it's disrespectful to the military??

The national anthem doesn't have anything to do with the military, imo, so that thought process is foreign to me.

But yeah, I think it's good that they are exercising their right to peaceful protest.
    Pretty much where I'm at. Our troops are told they fight fo protect our freedoms...... One of which is this very thing.
  5. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post

all the military experts come out during this kind of stuff!
  6. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I absolutely believe in peaceful protesting. My Facebook is blowing up with people on both sides and I just can't wrap my head around people who are so angry about it.

life's a party, rock your body
  7. Senior Member
    This is the one thing I get really mad about. I need to chill, but I hate when peopole who don't give a shit otherwise nitpick stuff like this to be outraged about because it fits their political agenda. If you care so much about our troops why is this the only time you say so?
  8. Senior Member
    I believe in peaceful protest and freedom of speech. My thoughts on the content of their protest are irrelevant.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    I believe in peaceful protest and freedom of speech. My thoughts on the content of their protest are irrelevant.
    I'm a little confused by this. Do you care to clarify?
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    I'm a little confused by this. Do you care to clarify?
    I mean exactly what I said. They have freedom of speech and the right to peaceful protest, and I support those rights. What I think about why they are doing what they're doing is irrelevant, i.e whether it's disrespectful or not, well intentioned or not, pertinent or not, doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast