Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Why 20 Is Not The New 30

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Why 20 Is Not The New 30

Advertisements
    I had to watch this video for a Psychology class and found it really interesting. So many of us are in this age group so I figured I'd share. It's a little lengthy (15 mins) but worth listening to IMO. Tossed it in debates because it could easily lead to one.

Thoughts?
  2. Regular Member
    Thanks for sharing! She made everything seem very simple, which is a nice change when thinking about life.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    TL;DW what's she say?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    TL;DW what's she say?
    Basically that your 20s aren't meant to be blown in any way; use them to develop yourself so in your 30s you're not like "oh shit I have nothing going for me." I found it controversial because I was always told not to worry about major adult things like a career when I'm young because I have my entire life to work, so it was interesting to me. Plus there's a whole part about relationships. She compares relationships to a game of music chairs by saying in your 20s the music just keeps playing but in your 30s it stops out of nowhere and suddenly everyone wants to settle down

And I completely flipped the numbers in the title
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EverlastingLove View Post
    Basically that your 20s aren't meant to be blown in any way; use them to develop yourself so in your 30s you're not like "oh shit I have nothing going for me." I found it controversial because I was always told not to worry about major adult things like a career when I'm young because I have my entire life to work, so it was interesting to me. Plus there's a whole part about relationships. She compares relationships to a game of music chairs by saying in your 20s the music just keeps playing but in your 30s it stops out of nowhere and suddenly everyone wants to settle down

And I completely flipped the numbers in the title
    When I read your title I was like 'omg does that mean I'm 40 now?'
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥