Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Athletes Stitting/Kneeling During the National Anthem

  1. Senior Member
    she_lurks's Avatar
    she_lurks is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Fort Bliss, TX
    Posts
    286
    #21
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    truth. I'm a libertarian so I reeeeeally don't care what adults do as long as it doesn't affect me. DH was horrified the other day cause I said I don't care if people do drugs. he was like "what about meth?! you don't care if people do meth??" and I said as long as theyre not bothering me wtf do I care if they ruin their bodies with drugs? maybe that makes me cold hearted, but I seriously don't care what people do in their free time unless they're affecting me or another person. kneeling for the flag? idgaf
    ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL of this! I mean I think children need to be protected but once you're an adult, you should be able to decide for yourself. We need to get out of each other's business and I'm not even talking about the government. Why should anyone care if anyone else is homosexual or transsexual or sitting or standing or anything? Like you say, as long as no one (or the environment) is getting hurt, who cares?
  2. Senior Member
    PaUSMC's Avatar
    PaUSMC is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    652
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by she_lurks View Post
    ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL of this! I mean I think children need to be protected but once you're an adult, you should be able to decide for yourself. We need to get out of each other's business and I'm not even talking about the government. Why should anyone care if anyone else is homosexual or transsexual or sitting or standing or anything? Like you say, as long as no one (or the environment) is getting hurt, who cares?
    I agree to a certain extent. I just think its unrealistic that someone can crash through life and do and say whatever they want and not have it affect the well being of other people. Sticking with the drug user example, I would care because 1) I don't want to see anyone (even a stranger) in that situation, and 2) by the nature of their problem they may be unable to stop themselves from impacting others and the general population (e.g. leaving needles on the ground, not working/violence, using free clinics that are financed by taxes, devastating any number of friends and family members). Sure that's just one small dramatic example but if everyone is all its my right to act this way, mind your own business, not accountable then I think that takes us down the wrong path.
  3. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PaUSMC View Post
    I agree to a certain extent. I just think its unrealistic that someone can crash through life and do and say whatever they want and not have it affect the well being of other people. Sticking with the drug user example, I would care because 1) I don't want to see anyone (even a stranger) in that situation, and 2) by the nature of their problem they may be unable to stop themselves from impacting others and the general population (e.g. leaving needles on the ground, not working/violence, using free clinics that are financed by taxes, devastating any number of friends and family members). Sure that's just one small dramatic example but if everyone is all its my right to act this way, mind your own business, not accountable then I think that takes us down the wrong path.
    that's whole thing about as long as it doesn't affect me. I don't care if you drink, but you can't drink and get a car and drive because you could kill me. If their life spirals out of control, that's really not my problem. They are grown adults. We have all choices in life.

    You could argue quite a few things impact you but really they don't. Adults deserve the freedom to make choices, even if they're bad ones.


  4. Senior Member
    PaUSMC's Avatar
    PaUSMC is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    652
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    You could argue quite a few things impact you but really they don't. Adults deserve the freedom to make choices, even if they're bad ones.
    Agreed that it is their right, I just said I would care even if I wasn't directly affected. We can just agree to disagree, because I wouldn't watch someone, even a stranger, make a serious detrimental decision or 'spiral out of control' and just mind my own business because it's not my problem or place to intervene.
  5. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    the_lepus's Avatar
    the_lepus is offline
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9,707
    #25
    I don't care if people don't stand, honestly. That's their right. I think Colin K. is a faux social warrior. How long has this issue been on the front page? Over two years? Suddenly, after his trade deal fell through, he's all about social justice?

  6. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    HisJuliet's Avatar
    HisJuliet is offline
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Together Again!
    Posts
    9,066
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    I don't care if people don't stand, honestly. That's their right. I think Colin K. is a faux social warrior. How long has this issue been on the front page? Over two years? Suddenly, after his trade deal fell through, he's all about social justice?
    Agreed. This from the same guy that was calling other black players the N-word on the field? This was never about social justice. He wanted to get enough backlash that they would trade him. Instead people started following him, some for attention (look at all the air time this STUPID story has gotten, and not just on sports channels) others because they actually believe in it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •